• Howe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clement

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Exactly his start at united was horrendous and he wouldn't of survived today if the game was the same. I saw 2-3 managers got sacked yesterday that's shocking.
It isn't tho, is it. It should be shocking, but it's just par for the course now. Doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Heck, managers being sacked after less than 10 games is getting to be quite common too.

Quite hard to be interested in football these days when it's gone completely mad. All the teams have multiple blatant cheats, all the prem teams are stuffed with mercenaries, managers for at least 50% of the teams change every year...

Meh. I wouldn't spend money to follow football these days. It's bonkers.

Associate
It isn't tho, is it. It should be shocking, but it's just par for the course now. Doesn't even raise an eyebrow. Heck, managers being sacked after less than 10 games is getting to be quite common too.

Quite hard to be interested in football these days when it's gone completely mad. All the teams have multiple blatant cheats, all the prem teams are stuffed with mercenaries, managers for at least 50% of the teams change every year...

Meh. I wouldn't spend money to follow football these days. It's bonkers.

That quote was a while ago now we have seen many more fall, it’s just madness but it’s a multi million pound industry and the owners want results, I suppose if we don’t perform in our jobs there is warnings followed by sacking.
I have followed Arsenal for so long now chasing money seems to be more important than winning there nowadays so for the last 2 years I have not gone to a game or bought merchandise I have fallen out of love with the game

Last edited:
Soldato
I have followed Arsenal for so long now chasing money seems to be more important than winning there nowadays so for the last 2 years I have not gone to a game or bought merchandise I have fallen out of love with the game

This is exactly the way I feel but substitute Arsenal for Liverpool, a few seasons ago it was a miserable wet Wednesday night against Wigan and they drew 1-1, the team looked as if they couldn't give 2 ***** and I thought to myself it's cost nearly £100 in ticket, food and a couple of pints why do I bother, haven't been since and very rarely watch it on the telly either now

Caporegime
BBC saying not replacing Lukaku cost him, anyone with an ounce of sense would tell Rooney to play up front and stay the **** out of midfield.

Caporegime
He's been terrible this year and bought good players and put them in a bad system. That said I think we should have given him longer. Players have so much power, last year when it's going well you get reports of how he's brought back the discipline, this year he's too hard and lost the players. Same will happen with Chelseas manager again.

Everton can't sell a player like Lukaku and replace him or his goals, like when United lost Ronaldo the system had to be changed and everyone else pitches in.

Associate
The players that Koeman brought in weren't anything to do with the Director of Football.

Klaassen, Rooney, Sigurdsson, Keane, Pickford, Cuco Martina are all Koeman's picks. He wanted them and the board backed him.

I'd say Sandro and maybe Vlasic are Steve Walsh's picks.

Koeman had his favourites and stuck with them throughout, players like Mirallas got frozen out. He criticized Barkley all last season but gave Lukaku a free pass when he had stinkers and decided to go missing in big games.

He had a tactic that was to try and dominate the weaker sides but play defensively against the big clubs. Well that worked a treat because the big clubs have all battered Everton this season and the weaker clubs have all picked up wins and draws.

He sacrificed pace in the side because he believed players like Rooney, Klaassen and Sigurdsson would have the craft to unlock defences that drop deep. That just hasn't worked and left Everton terribly short of options against the top sides.

Soldato
He's been terrible this year and bought good players and put them in a bad system. That said I think we should have given him longer. Players have so much power, last year when it's going well you get reports of how he's brought back the discipline, this year he's too hard and lost the players. Same will happen with Chelseas manager again.

Everton can't sell a player like Lukaku and replace him or his goals, like when United lost Ronaldo the system had to be changed and everyone else pitches in.
What system isn't bad when you are trying to play 3 Number 10s in the same place at the same time because that's all the club bought? :p

Soldato
Koeman’s stock was so high, what went wrong... just bad recruitment?
Lots of different things have all contributed to my Club's poor start, recruitment is one of the bigger reasons though. He's put players out of position which is in turn has left them demoralised and afraid to make mistakes, players like Ashley Williams are just not the same this season. Lot's of new players have come in and trying to get them all bedded into a system that nobody seems to like isn't doing anyone any favours.

Asked me two week ago I would have wanted to Koeman to stay on but rather then getting better Everton are getting worse and worse each week, this sacking was deserved IMO.

Back
Top Bottom