** SAMSUNG 4K 240/165HZ ODYSSEY NEO G8/G7 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
Amazing price....? £1100 for a VA panel....am I missing something? You can get QD-OLED panels for same price.

50% more pixels, twice the brightness, 240hz refresh and using expensive MiniLED tech. You should be comparing this to other LCD monitors not qd-OLED they are two totally different markets

QD-OLED panels are quite cheap to manufacture according to Samsung, the ones on the market today are likely very overpriced given what Samsung has released about its costs

Soldato
50% more pixels, twice the brightness, 240hz refresh and using expensive MiniLED tech. You should be comparing this to other LCD monitors not qd-OLED they are two totally different markets

QD-OLED panels are quite cheap to manufacture according to Samsung, the ones on the market today are likely very overpriced given what Samsung has released about its costs

Fair enough. Just done a bit of reading on MiniLed. Bar offering increased brightness it seems OLED is superior in every aspect. If OLED panels are cheap to produce as you say then when more options become available hopefully it will help to drive the prices down.

Waiting for 16:9, 27 - 32" OLED screens to become available

Associate
And the Price is out on the G8 - 1500 dollar!
That ugly POS curvature + price (no matter how chreap it May be as LCD tech) OLED just kills this trash - As We All Know!

Associate
I personally agree that I'd prefer OLED, as I want perfect black levels (for horror games etc.) rather than seering brightness levels.

Yep it cant be beaten, but of course I understand that burn in fear etc - for use as a monitor. But I wont touch any LCD tech (if not something comes out and set the world on fire) since going OLED with the CX55!
Oh yeah that amazing blacks and PQ perfection really shines in a great horror game, and movies. Oh man how I love OLED!
I dont want to pretend im starring at the sun! I just was deep blacks, high contrast and 27 - 32" 16:9. To me MiniLED seems like a pointless venture, just give us OLED in an array of shapes and sizes! :p

They can keep that trash. I wont go near it. Now it's just the waiting game for some more 32 - 42 OLED's and thats it :D
Wont touch that AW as I just cant enjoy that smal vert space and im no lover of UW eaiter. Give me a nice 16:9 and I can do it all!

Associate
Nothing wrong with curved screens (well the Samsung 32" G7 in my case), try them you will be pleasantly surprised!
I did try them but didn't find a way to make them go well in my multi-screen setup. I was lucky to have someone able to bring his around to play with.

Also, when someone is sat (to my left, in my room) watching the viewing angle isn't so good for them.

You are right though, it's subjective. If some people like curved, then more power to them. Curved I think is going the same way of 3D-TV's. Go into a store like Currys or John Lewis and see how many new TV panels are curved; barely any. Curved takes (slightly) more space, and is harder to manufacture than flat. Like TV's curved monitors are in decline (in my opinion).
I love the Samsung specs otherwise, and would be in the market for a flat screen version.

Associate
Looks like July for us US folks:

1654532809460-png.480509

Soldato
HDR2000 - For when you hate your retinas.

Also, here's the statement:

VESA said:
VESA Addresses Use of Illegitimate DisplayHDR 2000 Logo: Recently, the Chinese retail website Taobao has listed two display products that have a VESA certified “DisplayHDR 2000” logo – an updated Samsung Odyssey G9 monitor as well as a new Acer EI491CRG9 monitor. In addition, several media outlets have reported that these monitors have received “DisplayHDR 2000” certification from the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA). VESA wishes to set the record straight on this development. There is no “DisplayHDR 2000” tier in the VESA DisplayHDR specification and logo program at this time.

VESA has no knowledge of the origins of the DisplayHDR 2000 logo currently posted on these display listings on the Taobao website. However, VESA takes any misuse of our trademarks and logos seriously. VESA does not endorse the use of this logo unless and until a DisplayHDR 2000 tier has been officially announced by VESA, and any products claiming to meet this tier level have been officially certified by VESA and are listed on our website at https://displayhdr.org/certified-products/.

Until the displayhdr.org website displays DisplayHDR 2000, any such logo usage should be assumed to be unapproved and deceptive.

Basically, China being China.

Back
Top Bottom