Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2560 x 1600 - drool)

Soldato
OP
I was actually considering this, when the specs were revealed first, but £500 tablet that's laggy out of the box? no thanks.

I also don't feel like browsing XDA and flash custom ROMs every other day, those days are gone. I just want to root the device and not care anymore.

Nexus 10 v2 is the main candidate now. still using HP Touchpad, but it's showing its age.

I don't blame you.

With KNOX/E-Fuse, ghastly + laggy Touchwiz I'm bailing as well :D

Soldato
Laggy, where did you get that from?

I made it up...oh wait.

Cons
Unusually sluggish performance
Battery life isn't as long as expected

Bottom Line
The 2014 Note 10.1 looks fantastic and has the best specs of any Android tablet out there, but we grew frustrated by its choppy performance.

-------

Cons

Occasional performance issues

-------

Cons: Expensive; Occasional lag; Mediocre camera; Shorter battery life than top tablets

Man of Honour
I made it up...oh wait.

Cons
Unusually sluggish performance
Battery life isn't as long as expected

Bottom Line
The 2014 Note 10.1 looks fantastic and has the best specs of any Android tablet out there, but we grew frustrated by its choppy performance.

-------

Cons

Occasional performance issues

-------

Cons: Expensive; Occasional lag; Mediocre camera; Shorter battery life than top tablets

Sounds just like the GN10. I guess you believe every pre-release review you read, which one said it as laggy?

Last edited:
Associate
I've been looking for a decent Android tablet to replace my ageing iPad 2 and this caught my eye. I think I'll wait a bit longer and see what the new Nexus 10 has to offer.

Man of Honour
from where? Or can you not say? would it be cheaper to order one from the US?

It's from Clove. It would be cheaper from the US but there is delivery/customs to pay and there may not be an international warranty. The best bet would be to get someone to bring one over. Hopefully there will be a drop in price in a couple of months and by then we should have the Nexus 10 replacement to choose from as well.

Soldato
It's from Clove. It would be cheaper from the US but there is delivery/customs to pay and there may not be an international warranty. The best bet would be to get someone to bring one over. Hopefully there will be a drop in price in a couple of months and by then we should have the Nexus 10 replacement to choose from as well.

Ah ok. yeah thats what I was thinking.

The issue is I was intending on using it for taking notes at uni here. (used my mates old 10.1 and its amazing for taking notes on). So really don't want to wait too long.

Its between this and the sony one tbh.

Associate
Ah ok. yeah thats what I was thinking.

The issue is I was intending on using it for taking notes at uni here. (used my mates old 10.1 and its amazing for taking notes on). So really don't want to wait too long.

Its between this and the sony one tbh.

Hi when you say take notes, are these handwritten with the stylus, or typed, or handwritten and then converted to text?

Also a Uni student looking to do the same, cheers.

Soldato
Hi when you say take notes, are these handwritten with the stylus, or typed, or handwritten and then converted to text?

Also a Uni student looking to do the same, cheers.

It will be a mixture of both - I'm hoping that the scrapbook app will be able to cope with this. If not then I have been looking at using Evernote.

I would hope to type most of my notes (as my handwriting is appalling) however as I am doing electronic Engineering, I will need to use the stylus for diagrams/equations etc

Back
Top Bottom