Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2560 x 1600 - drool)

Associate
I am sure the amazon price has only come up in the past few days. I have been monitoring, it was always only John Lewis with a price and stock ready for delivery. I don't think amazon have any in stock yet says 1 to 3 month delivery.

Soldato
Hopefully picking one of these up over the next few days once my local tech store gets them in stock. Can't wait! Should be getting it for around £375.. I love tax free shopping in Europe :D.

Associate
I wish i went for the 32gb version. I have filled up my 16gb with games so quickly! The external micro SD doesnt help at all.

Although I did purchase mine for $499 only when I was in the US :)

Edit: Also, the tablet has received 3 updates already, the latest one giving it a performance boost with multi user support. I started a thread over at xda if you guys want to read up on it.

Last edited:
Associate
Got one from my lady on Saturday, she really likes it.
I was standing paying for it in John Lewis when the chap there without saying anything said he'd match Currys £449 price...great! The lady loves it :D

Soldato
Picked one of these up and it arrived this morning.

Have to say I'm very impressed with it. The last larger tab I had was the original transformer TF101and obviously things have come on a lot since then
Split screen works well and is a great feature wasted on the likes of an S4 but shines on this. The S Pen is fun to use too and has some fine apps with it aswell.

Screen resolution and clarity is fantastic also, overall happy with my decision and the price of the device

Associate
Been after a new tablet still have an ipad 2 an this Samsung 10.1 2014 model looks perfect want the 32 GB in black though for around £499 no stock in the UK looks like I will need to wait till January next year price is bit steep but seems worth it of course can buy it for over £100 cheaper in the USA.

Will see what new tablets come out by January 2014 I can wait that long.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
6dqk.jpg

vftp.jpg

A black one. :D

Associate
Black looks so much better your lucky Cosimo I've gave up looking online for Black 32GB still getting one though why can't I just buy from john Lewis with free 2 yr warranty grrrrrrrrr.

Mobi has one black 32 GB £647.99 plus delivery I bet it's not really even in stock they can keep it for that rip off price lol would get a surface pro 2 for bit more if had pay that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Painted plastic band around the side, plastic back textured like leather. A "not very good camera", UI lag. Clearly the premium device we've all been waiting for.

You do know that lag doesn't mean slow, right? Also, it doesn't seem like you know what premium means. The material costs between metal, glass, and plastic aren't that great when you factor everything in such as IP moulding, painting and so on.

Metal and glass does not make a device "premium", it often makes something heavier for no benefit other than to make people who have no clue what they're talking about, think the device has cost significantly more to manufacture, essentially outside of aesthetics, it's a con to make people think the higher asking prices are warranted due to the "premium" build materials.

The ironic part is that people attribute such materials with robustness and durability, and yet they greatly contribute to the fragility of said devices, in that a device made from glass and metal will be heavier, so when you inevitably drop it, it'll hit the ground with more force increasing the chances of it being severely damaged.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom