Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2560 x 1600 - drool)

Associate
Hmmm had a play with one in the store the screen is lovely, websites looked great but the odd stutter compared to my Nexus devices was enough to make me want to hold on to check out the new Nexus 10 when it arrives.

I know Nova would probably sort that out but combined with not having multi users support made me hold out - still got the cash in my pocket at least :p

Man of Honour
Think I've been spoilt by the Xperia Z tablet - picking up the Note 10.1 was like taking a step back in time (in terms of how it felt to hold) :| unfortunatly not in a position to compare things like screen side by side but can't say I really felt like the screen was significantly different to what I'm used to though opinion on that might change with a side by side comparison.

Didn't even seem as snappy to use either despite the newer hardware but my Z has a fairly bloat free and optimised OS setup and the demo unit had a ton of bundled software and been abused by other people playing with it to.

Soldato
Im in the USA now and Amazon USA has the the 16gb White Note 10.1 2014 bundled with a free $50 Amazon gift card. Pretty good deal and ordered one for myself :) The gift card applies only for the 16gb white version.

Aye. strife has been mucking about with her 32GB black version that arrived on Wednesday. She's yet to register for the 600 benjo's of stuff. Coming from a nexus 7, the screen to me at least is gorgeous. UI is a little clumsy but that's touch wiz for you.

I'll wait for the nex10r2.

Soldato
OP
I demoed one at PCW yesterday. It was the white model and it looked nice and compact.

The screen looked nice and vibrant, however the Pentile-effect matix was noticeable.

The white TW colored skin was fugly too. Performance was decent even with all the bloat on it, would love to demo one that was setup how I'd want it.

Soldato
got my 16gb white one yesterday. Loving it so far - the screen is gorgeous. It was a bit sluggish to start with but a small software update seemed to improve it a lot.

Have also started using nova launcher which seems a bit snappier. The S-pen functionality is awesome and exactly what I need for uni. Have to agree on the white notification bar being fugly thought. Does anyone know if there is a way to get a custom notification/toggle bar?

Soldato
Monitoring this thread and awaiting word on the Nexus 10, some leaks today....

These include an identical a “10.055'' diagonal at 2560x1600 pixel resolution for 300 ppi”, plus Gorilla Glass 3 on top.

Unsurprisingly, the Nexus 10 2013 will also follow the Nexus 7 2013 with a Snapdragon 800 chipset, though it's interesting to note that the specs list 3GB of RAM.

The photographic capabilities of the new Nexus 10 also appear to have received a boost, as it will apparently sport a 8MP/2.1MP rear and front shooters, respectively.

The battery has also seen an upgrade and it now has a capacity of 9500 (up from 9000mAh), and the Nexus 10 2013 is, overall, lighter (584g), more compact (258.9x172.6mm) and thinner (7.9mm) compared to its rather chunky predecessor.

Seeing as this is a Nexus device, Android 4.4 KitKat has, of course, been listed as present out of the box.

The s-pen may swing it but still depends on price too

Soldato
OP
Productivity wise - I think the Surface 2 is better that this Note.

Full MS Office, dual window on all apps, full size USB. Note wins on pen features, but One Note on MS is pretty good too.

Back
Top Bottom