Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (2560 x 1600 - drool)

Caporegime
Painted plastic band around the side, plastic back textured like leather. A "not very good camera", UI lag. Clearly the premium device we've all been waiting for.

Caporegime
Believe it or not, a tablet is a lot more than a spec list of the bits that are inside it. 3 out of 4 of those points were about the hardware anyway.

Soldato
OP
Painted plastic band around the side, plastic back textured like leather. A "not very good camera", UI lag. Clearly the premium device we've all been waiting for.

Lol someone's a touch cagey. :p

Plastic sides and back I really couldn't care about as they're ok quality wise.

But the inconsistent touch lag and stuttering - especially on the Exynos (WIFI) version I saw in some videos - uuurgh. And the GPU cries when playing Riptide 2, fps drops to a crawl.

Samsung's skin looks even worse on the big screen with the white menus. It looks like the SoC struggles with the 1600p res too. Maybe next year it'll catch up.

I'm not sold on this soo far. Will make my mind up when I see it instore.

Caporegime
Lol someone's a touch cagey. :p

Plastic sides and back I really couldn't care about as they're ok quality wise.

But the inconsistent touch lag and stuttering - especially on the Exynos (WIFI) version I saw in some videos - uuurgh. And the GPU cries when playing Riptide 2, fps drops to a crawl.

Samsung's skin looks even worse on the big screen with the white menus. It looks like the SoC struggles with the 1600p res too. Maybe next year it'll catch up.

I'm not sold on this soo far. Will make my mind up when I see it instore.

But it's £480. It shouldn't be "OK". It should be at the top of the pile, premium materials are a part of this.

Caporegime
Just lol if you think asking for something not made of plastic or with UI that isn't a stuttery mess for £480 is requesting perfection.

Associate
Seems good but the £479 price tag is a bit hefty, especially when the iPad 5 will be out this month too.

Talking about hardware on Android is useless you can have your 3GB Ram and "beast" processor but UI will still stutter like crap. Also with the benchmarking scandals who can take these guys seriously any more? ;)

Associate
Seems good but the £479 price tag is a bit hefty, especially when the iPad 5 will be out this month too.

Talking about hardware on Android is useless you can have your 3GB Ram and "beast" processor but UI will still stutter like crap. Also with the benchmarking scandals who can take these guys seriously any more? ;)

Stutter like crap are you serious? Have you used a nexus 10/7/4? There is no stutter.

Associate
Stutter like crap are you serious? Have you used a nexus 10/7/4? There is no stutter.

Can't say I have! But I have tried various galaxy tabs and was also the brief owner of a Galaxy S3 so I know what it's like. But hey this might be different, I will play with it in a shop but definitely won't buy one.

Soldato
OP
It's more likely than not this tab will stutter out of the box. TouchWiz and homepages full of lame clunky widgets is the cause.

Slap on Nova and do some housekeeping and it should be good.

Soldato
I was actually considering this, when the specs were revealed first, but £500 tablet that's laggy out of the box? no thanks.

I also don't feel like browsing XDA and flash custom ROMs every other day, those days are gone. I just want to root the device and not care anymore.

Nexus 10 v2 is the main candidate now. still using HP Touchpad, but it's showing its age.

Back
Top Bottom