Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Soldato
I can see I'm going to have to supply some proof:

As you can see it is a o2 PAYG receipt, the phone has a vodafona sim (in pic) and works perfectly, the phone is completely unbranded including the box!

The total included £10 credit which you HAVE to buy, but still it's serious bargain, just check at any o2 store but be quick this was the last one at mine and it wasn't even on PAYG display!

Oh and it comes with an extra 8gb card!

phone.jpg

Everyones phone in this thread: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s-319-10-top-up-inst/722353?page=1 has been unlocked, doesn't matter if it isnt as I think o2 unlock for free, and you get 14 days return anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato

As you can see it is a o2 PAYG receipt, the phone has a vodafona sim (in pic) and works perfectly, the phone is completely unbranded including the box!

The total included £10 credit which you HAVE to buy, but still it's serious bargain, just check at any o2 store but be quick this was the last one at mine and it wasn't even on PAYG display!

Everyones phone in this thread: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s-319-10-top-up-inst/722353?page=1 has been unlocked, doesn't matter if it isnt as I think o2 unlock for free, and you get 14 days return anyway.

Nice if I had that in one go. :)

But a great deal if you have the cash and dont want a contract.

Soldato

Sorry, was not trying to suggest you were wrong, just thought it was strange that the o2 web site does not even list the phone on the PAYG section..., great deal though, will have to check my local o2 for stok as now i am really tempted.... :)

Soldato
If you guys want to get rid of the lag part the easiest way i have found now is to load the JG5 as normal, and the superuser part then i flashed this rom from the link below using the update zip method on the phone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724576

Update way: (Does NOT require ADB)
1.Copy the CustomROM file to the "/sdcard/" folder on the phone and (if not already the case) rename to "update.zip"( i just renamed mine as update)
2.Restart in Recovery Mode by pressing an holding VolumeUP+Home+Power, release when you see the samsung part..
3.Wait for the recovery screen en select "apply: /sdcard/update.zip"
4.Wait for it to finish and reboot.

To fix the lag fix it explains in the first post on the custom rom
If you have lagging use application "MCR Scripts", and choose "LagFix.sh", reboot is made automatically after process and to speed up Market, use "MarketSpeedup.sh

The rom is nice some nice changes and looks better imo he has added the colours and what you would get on the Desire in the settings.

Added some pics

snap20100722142916.png

snap20100722142910.png

Last edited:
Soldato

Just got one for the missus from o2 store, tried with a 3 network sim and I cant get the 3g connection. Any ideas?

I not so sure this is unlocked, just rang them and they say its locked and I have to fill out some form online.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just got one for the missus from o2 store, tried with a 3 network sim and I cant get the 3g connection. Any ideas?

I not so sure this is unlocked, just rang them and they say its locked and I have to fill out some form online.

If the sim works (you can call from it) then it's unlocked, but for 3g you will probably have to edit the APN settings fror three

Soldato
If you guys want to get rid of the lag part the easiest way i have found now is to load the JG5 as normal, and the superuser part then i flashed this rom from the link below using the update zip method on the phone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=724576

Update way: (Does NOT require ADB)
1.Copy the CustomROM file to the "/sdcard/" folder on the phone and (if not already the case) rename to "update.zip"( i just renamed mine as update)
2.Restart in Recovery Mode by pressing an holding VolumeUP+Home+Power, release when you see the samsung part..
3.Wait for the recovery screen en select "apply: /sdcard/update.zip"
4.Wait for it to finish and reboot.

To fix the lag fix it explains in the first post on the custom rom
If you have lagging use application "MCR Scripts", and choose "LagFix.sh", reboot is made automatically after process and to speed up Market, use "MarketSpeedup.sh

The rom is nice some nice changes and looks better imo he has added the colours and what you would get on the Desire in the settings.

Added some pics

snap20100722142916.png

snap20100722142910.png

Thanks mate, looks good.

i have jg5, rooted and lag fixed, how would i revert it so i can install the above rom?

dis

dis

Associate
I can see I'm going to have to supply some proof

Bigsy, your a star, many thanks sir. Popped down to the o2 store today and £330 later i left with a Galaxy S.

Asked the bloke for one on pay as you go, he looked it up and said 'it's a bit expensive', lol, go figure. Working with my vodaphone sim, 2 mins after firing it up texts started arriving so all seems well. I'll check the APNs for the data connection tonight after rooting & firmware updates etc but immediately it feels snappier than my old Hero (on 2.1).

Soldato
Seems faster to me and less of the lag , am not sure what all the fixes are mind but some i noticed.
new status bar
pre loaded movie...smart life
app killer on home page

Oh the bottom one ending JM1 is the latest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom