Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Soldato
Well mine is on its way back from repair with 'no fault found' being quoted..meh.:mad:

Anybody else having trouble with the Wi-Fi? Have any newer firmwares improved it any?

Got both a HD2 and a Milestone here and I can comfortably get a full signal at the bottom of my garden with them, however with the Galaxy I was sometimes on 1 bar stood next to my router..hence why I sent it back.

If its no better when it comes back it'll be going, shame really cos otherwise I love it.:(

Soldato
Caporegime
I'm just trying to get an idea of what are the current higher quality phones to consider when making a purchase. It hasn't taken me long to get the the impression that most seem to point towards either an iphone4, Samsung Galaxy S or the HTC Desire. The Samsung looks amazing, I'm almost sold already. Must take my time over this...:D

Soldato
I just did the stall fix and it is such a great improvment, the phone is just so much faster, however I read some poeple get it even faster on ex4 which i might give a try and some poeple always complained about how quickly the battery drained but it could be just that certain person.

Soldato
maybe a daft question here, ive updated to JG5 and all is well.

is the navigation app that is already installed the all singing dancing google sat nav ive seen in vids? or is this something different? ive tried to search for it in the market and cant find it.

any thoughts?

Soldato
Right then, for somone with a Nokia 6301 looking to upgrade and no intention of playing around with rooting or whatever you mad lot do :))) what's it like? My first touch screen phone and looking at the media side as I wanna get rid of my iPod and have an all in 1 job :)

Associate
I wont be rooting mine unless samsung take their time on the 2.2 release. It runs perfectly fine out the box. The mp3 player has really good sound quality, much better than an IPOD.

Soldato
Well its seems I've got a bummer of a phone because the Wi-Fi reception on my handset is still hockingly bad :mad:.

Its going to ebay which I'm none too happy about but the ruddy thing just wont hold any network for very long..

On the plus side, I rooted my Milestone last night as I was past caring about it and I've overclocked the CPU to 1ghz and its made a massive difference to it.

Seems fine at the minute so I'll just drop back to that while I decide which handset I'm having next..

Back
Top Bottom