Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

dis

dis

Associate
Very bad reception in my house. Damn old buildings with thick walls.
If your on vodafone you can get a femtocell station (Sure Signal), plugs into your broadband and works like a phone mast in your living room.
Last time i check o2 didn't have one, not sure about orange.

Associate
Im hoping to pick up one of these from Vodafone on contract soon, only if they can price patch against t mobile (crap signal here and want to get a suresignal box, but the t mobile offer is way better).

Hope I can though :(

Soldato
Hello.

I am an Android noob. I have got myself a Galaxy S and am very impressed so far with it. I want to know about some good widgets/applications to get for it? Also, coming from a blackberry background, how do I set up my exchange email/hotmail with it? I have set up Gmail and that seems to work on push, do others also work like this?

Soldato
If your on vodafone you can get a femtocell station (Sure Signal), plugs into your broadband and works like a phone mast in your living room.
Last time i check o2 didn't have one, not sure about orange.

T-Mobile

Im hoping to pick up one of these from Vodafone on contract soon, only if they can price patch against t mobile (crap signal here and want to get a suresignal box, but the t mobile offer is way better).

Hope I can though :(

I know no other network can match T-Mobiles £25 18month deal.

dis

dis

Associate
Where has the Swype keyboard gone. :(
No swype??? I'm just about to install jm1, won't if swype is missing tho...

Not rooted yet, can we downgrade firmware versions easy enough?

EDIT: No worries, swype is still there (just not active by default). JM1 seems better, but i'd only had a couple hours on JFsomething or other before updating.

Last edited:
Soldato
Where has the Swype keyboard gone. :(

Swype will be there go in the settings and select it, what i normally do is before i am going to write a text out hold down in the blank area for a second and input comes up, then just select swype from the options.

I can confirm swype is on this update with my phone just I prefer the Samsung one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok, I bought my Galaxy S from O2 on PAYG, unlocked and un branded :)

I cant seam to get any internet working, I have googled my heart out and tried various settings...

anyone on 1 with a Galaxy S care to share the APN settings... Please ;)

Soldato
I got the mms working but in the top bar there is a blue H with two arrows below it, up and down, when I open internet and hit refresh the up arrow flashes green and occasionall the down arrow flashes red and the H will flash 3g.... !

EDIT:

Sorted, here are the setting used for internet: Still only showing a Blue H though, Not 3G, but it is fast :)

Name - 3
Apn - three.co.uk
proxy - not set
port - not set
Username - not set
Password - not set
Server - not set
MMSC - http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc
MMS proxy - mms.three.co.uk
MMS port - 8799
MCC - 234
MNC - 20
APN type - pap or Chap

All other settings are left as Not Set, hope this helps True Scotsman :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds like HSDPA, which is enhanced 3G.

Forgive me for not reading all 650 odd posts, but how does this compare to the HTC Desire in terms of feel and build quality? Also, price on a 18 month contract?

Associate
Sounds like HSDPA, which is enhanced 3G.

Forgive me for not reading all 650 odd posts, but how does this compare to the HTC Desire in terms of feel and build quality? Also, price on a 18 month contract?

I think most people prefer the build quality to the Desire. The Galaxy S is a very light phone, which can mean different things to different people. Ie heavy=good

Soldato
HSDPA, good to know, cheers, so I should be all set up, just need a good push email app to connect my POP email... used emooze on my N97, any recomendations for andriod?

As for build quality... I looked at both lastnight before buying, the Desire looks and feels better but thats not to say the Galaxy is bad, just is a bit lighter and is plastic...

Back
Top Bottom