Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Associate
Jabbs, i just tried that security setting with generated password and still no joy. Also tried setting up my Netgear WG111 v3 wireless USB adapter and that won't even pick up my DG834GT router so i can't even run my pc wirelessly.

This has to be router problem. Can anyone recommend a decent hassle-free sky router, i'm on Vista 64bit. Thanks.

Associate
Picked one of these up last night from the O2 shop. It's unlocked and came with the additional 8gb card. Excellent phone, fantastic screen and much quicker than my previous iPhone 3g.

Soldato
You can sign up at the link below you want firmwares then pick android, then galaxy s, these are not official firmwares and i believe might effect warranty.

Currently i am using the JM2 one and its good big improvement for me, specially if you do the lag fix also makes the phone swet.

http://samsung-firmware.webs.com/

Soldato
ext4 defo the way to go, just remember to use the ext4 fix file and not the one for ext3

gparted worked a treat.

Ahh i followed all the steps but mine seems to not work correctly, i keep getting force close on all my apps, didnt get this before with ext3, and Yes i formatted the SD card and installed ext4 partion on it so not too sure why it didnt work for me :S.

Soldato
Here is a straight forward guide for anyone wanting to apply the lag fix, worked a treat for me and phone is blindingly fast at loading stuff even on the stock firmware i stuck with.

Soldato
Anyone got their Facebook contacts to sync and show in the contacts??
I have added my account and ran sync several times, also set contacts to display facebook, but when I look in the groups, the facebook group is empty??

What am I doing wrong....?

Soldato
Anyone got their Facebook contacts to sync and show in the contacts??
I have added my account and ran sync several times, also set contacts to display facebook, but when I look in the groups, the facebook group is empty??

What am I doing wrong....?

The auto sync kinda failed for me so I did it myself like 1 at a time takes awhile but it the only way I could get it to work.

alx

alx

Soldato
You can sign up at the link below you want firmwares then pick android, then galaxy s, these are not official firmwares and i believe might effect warranty.

Currently i am using the JM2 one and its good big improvement for me, specially if you do the lag fix also makes the phone swet.

http://samsung-firmware.webs.com/

Have you rooted/added a new rom to your phone as well?

I'm guessing rooting isn't necessary for the lag fix, you just need to update the firmware then do the lag fix?

Soldato
You don't need to update the firmware (you do need to update the kernel though) and it does need rooting as you need su permissions to access/move the data.

Back
Top Bottom