Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
Samsung frustrate me, They now have the S24 ultra with the 44mm Galaxy Watch 6 lte again. After i was told yesterday they dont have any stock so i went with the Watch 5 Pro lte and the pro buds 2.

Dont know if i should kick off and try and get them to change the free items (i have 1st gen buds already)

Associate
Samsung Pay v Google Pay, is there a preference or does it not really matter? I've come from iPhone so I've never used either of those.

Last edited:
Soldato
Samsung frustrate me, They now have the S24 ultra with the 44mm Galaxy Watch 6 lte again. After i was told yesterday they dont have any stock so i went with the Watch 5 Pro lte and the pro buds 2.

Dont know if i should kick off and try and get them to change the free items (i have 1st gen buds already)

The 5 pro is said to have better battery life than the GW6

Soldato
The 5 pro is said to have better battery life than the GW6
Yeah I saw. Still set on the fence trying to deside to sell it or not. Received the Ultra and Buds 2 pro today and got everything set up and done my cashback

EDIT: Really nice touch on my trade in they send you the bag and label and seems you can get royal mail to collect it for free.

Last edited:
Soldato
Samsung Pay v Google Pay, is there a preference or does it not really matter? I've come from iPhone so I've never used either of those.
I used to use Samsung pay, but my Tesco card never worked on it, so needed a 'curve' card as well.
Once Google wallet took my Tesco card, I use that now and ditched the Curve account.
Can't swipe up to open it, like you can with Samsung pay, but I just set Google pay on the bottom left thing on the lock screen, or power button double press on the home screen.

But overall, I don't think theres much difference

Soldato
Cashback expiring tomorrow, wonder what deal we'll get for next month.
I'm still tempted, but my s21u is going strong still.
Wanted the Sony to be good, but looks like it's way to much money.
Could wait till later in the year and decide between the two

Associate
I used to use Samsung pay, but my Tesco card never worked on it, so needed a 'curve' card as well.
Once Google wallet took my Tesco card, I use that now and ditched the Curve account.
Can't swipe up to open it, like you can with Samsung pay, but I just set Google pay on the bottom left thing on the lock screen, or power button double press on the home screen.

But overall, I don't think theres much difference

Ok thanks. I've just realised my bank doesn't support Samsung Pay, but does support Google Pay. Shame really as I liked the idea of Samsung wallet being all in one with everything else.

I did prompt me that I can use Curve which is a work around so I can still use Samsung wallet, but I've read it isn't regarded as safe, could be a security risk? Or is that bs?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone tried the new Blackmagic camera app? From the devs of Davinci Resolve. It is really quite excellent as a professional camera app:

Soldato
Ok thanks. I've just realised my bank doesn't support Samsung Pay, but does support Google Pay. Shame really as I liked the idea of Samsung wallet being all in one with everything else.

I did prompt me that I can use Curve which is a work around so I can still use Samsung wallet, but I've read it isn't regarded as safe, could be a security risk? Or is that bs?
Don't know, I used it with no issues, I was using it at work and the occasional shop.
But I guess it's another way in!

Associate
When I upload photos that I've taken with my phone, the colour of the image becomes dull and loses vibrancy compared to what it actually looks like in my gallery. I've tried Imgur and others and still the same.

Am I doing something wrong? Not had this issue before on my previous phone.

Soldato
When I upload photos that I've taken with my phone, the colour of the image becomes dull and loses vibrancy compared to what it actually looks like in my gallery. I've tried Imgur and others and still the same.

Am I doing something wrong? Not had this issue before on my previous phone.
HDR compatability.

The gallary app supports it. Most other platforms don't.

Back
Top Bottom