Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

The beauty of google pay is you don't need to open anything! No apps or anything! This is why I moved from Samsung pay.

As long as your phone is unlocked, it will work. On any screen.

So all you need to do, is take out of your pocket. Unlock, then hold to the terminal to pay. You dont need to open the app, while paying...or ever really!
You don't need to unlock, if screen is on it will work.

The beauty of google pay is you don't need to open anything! No apps or anything! This is why I moved from Samsung pay.

As long as your phone is unlocked, it will work. On any screen.

So all you need to do, is take out of your pocket. Unlock, then hold to the terminal to pay. You dont need to open the app, while paying...or ever really!
Oh, never realised this! Will have to try.

You don't need to unlock, if screen is on it will work.

I had no idea! I've had my s24u for a week now and I've set up Google pay as a shortcut by double pressing the power button to open it up lol (used to apple pay)

So just double tapping the screen for it to come on, even while it's locked, will allow me to pay for stuff contactless? Not sure how I feel about that. Convenient though.

No, phone must be unlocked (unlocking acts as the verification)

So out of pocket. Thumb on screen as soon as its unlocked just tap

I think you can turn it off so you need to open the app etc. But it's so convenient. Why would you

This. You definitely need to unlock it. I tried today.

You can turn it off so you don't have to. But why would you do that!

Samsung will release a big camera improvement software update to the Galaxy S24 Ultra next month. The August 2024 update for the phone will reportedly bring HDR, white balance, overexposure, over-processing, and video zoom performance optimizations

They need to do something IMO. I've had a Note 20, S22 Ultra and now S24 Ultra and out of the 3 the S24U feels like the weakest of the cameras. Maybe it's just me, but I found the S22U was a lot easier to get clear pictures. I've got so many out of focus pictures of the kids running around the garden where it's tried to focus on the wrong thing.

Indoor shots on this phone are terrible, only yesterday I took some pics of the mother-in-law 70th birthday do & all of them came out like a smudgy grain effect or blurry, & to add insult to injury the Wife Pixel 7a took better pics that day.
I could have faffed about and got better shots, but why should I have to when a cheap Pixel 7a can take great point & shoot shots indoors yet a £1300 phone can't. :/

I'll wait for this update if the improvements are not substantial, then I'll move onto something else I think.

Something to try and remember. Always try and give the lens a quick wipe before taking important pictures.

Sometimes I haven't and the result is a mess, then after a wipe its perfect.

I've recently had...the s21ultra and s23 ultra and find this camera the most impressive, and quite often stunning. I think this is helped by HDR support in the gallery app. The pictures really do pop

It's annoying how the HDR effect applied to the photos doesn't save as it looks. When you upload it it looks dull compared. So I've turned it off for that reason so I can see the photo for what it is before uploading.

I even tried taking a screenshot of the photo once the HDR effect was on, and even the screenshot reverts to dull after uploading which I find strange.

This isn't the phones fault. It's a limitation of the app/ service you are uploading to.

I did read somewhere though, that Instagram doesn't have this limitation and retains all the data. But don't personally upload anything there to check

Fair one, I thought it was a Galaxy device only feature.

I'm assuming remastering or manually editing the photo will retain the edit when uploading to a platform.. I will try soon and see what happens.

No social media platform supports HDR photos. Only youtube supports HDR videos. There's little point in sharing HDR recorded media which is why the default gallery has a setting specifically for converting to SDR anything that is shared outside of the gallery through the gallery.

New camera update coming shortly:

All of my review videos and stuff are done on the phone now, the video quality at 4k 60 is so good and audio quality that there's no need to unpack my DSLR any more for uploading clean footage for youtube.

Last edited:
The native app in video mode. 4k60 with both OIS and EIS enabled for stability. I sometimes use Pro video mode and other times use the new BlackMagic camera app for ultimate control if I ever need that, but 95% of the time it's normal video mode. All recordings are edited in YouCut Pro where I can export to 4k60 and apply some light colour grading to give the cinematic look with a subtle black contrast lift.

Back
Top Bottom