Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
I'm in the need of a new phone and I don't really know much about flagships at all. I'll likely be buying outright as I don't want to bother with a contract since I have a decent SIM only deal

I can get an S24 with a claim code for a free galaxy smart watch from Amazon for £799.

Is there anything else I should be considering at this price ?

Soldato
While I have absolutely zero interest in ever purchasing an samsung phone again I am very interested in the display glass. Scratch resistant phones have been a very long time coming.

Soldato
Is the Ultra worth it over the plus? It looks like main difference is the 200mp camera and the snapdragon chip.

But given the cost of the s24+, I can't imagine the exonsys chip is that bad...?

Associate
Is the Ultra worth it over the plus? It looks like main difference is the 200mp camera and the snapdragon chip.

But given the cost of the s24+, I can't imagine the exonsys chip is that bad...?

I bought an S23 ultra last year and down sized to the s23+, mainly because of the size of it being just too big for me to comfortable carry in a pocket, and secondly the round screen made it difficult to get decent screen protectors. The round screen is gone this year, so tempered glass is now an option, however it's still got square corners vs the rounded corners of the s24/s24+. Hope that helps? I wouldn't say I found the camera that amazing.

Soldato
Can anybody recommend a good brand for screen protectors? There are so many on amazon, and i have never heard of any of them! Also, are Spigen still good for cases?

Caporegime
I profressed I'm not upgrading but it looks like it's about £460 with trade in, could sell a couple of the free items and seen someone on HotUKDeals get £172 cash back with TCB. I'm exploring....

Last edited:

nam

nam

Soldato
got my price down to £673 for a S24+ with a trade-in for S21+ using the £50 code and the other code mentioned here and using the 5% off when usingbsamsung shop app. Will sell the watch 6 and band as I already have a watch 6 classic. Now the wait until the 24th :)

Associate

On paper the Exynos 2400 is superior to the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 from last year but not quite as good as the 8 Gen 3.

Associate
While i am not over impressed with the colour choices this year, I caved & ordered an S24 Ultra.

I went for the 512GB Online exclusive Orange.

What was your colour & size choice?

Soldato
As I mentioned earlier in the thread I used the 'Perks at work' website which gives a variety of different discounts but then usually gives less trade in value but this time it gave the same as Samsung which made it a better deal but then you can't get TCB as far as I know.
You can get TCB to work. Add your items to the EPP store, open TCB Samsung website. Copy and paste EPP link into TCB Samsung window so they use the same cookie session.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom