Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Associate
The antiglare screen is no joke :cool:

A7QK04W.gif

Whether you use Smartswitch or not Google does a backup anyway of settings, calls, SMS etc and will restore that (you get the option) on first boot and sign-in. All your installed apps are in the play store anyway and you can let those auto pulldown through the store, you'll get the option to do this too on initial sign-in and sync.

Smart Switch is the best way though, then just let Google do whatever it needs after. Some apps need to be manually restored like WhatsApp though, so do a Drive backup and restore.
Did you add the screen protector?

Man of Honour
If it drops from SFC 2.0, surely it should drop to SFC regular @ 25W? THat's what my regular 25W PPS Chargers do on my S23U

Also my S24U just turned up... bag is bloody open of course. Having to tell Samsung on live chat before I open the box (everything is still sealed etc but better to be safe...

I suspect a bunch of factors at play, cable being used being a main one, I will retest with the Samsung cable as was using an Anker. The Nubia charger is 80W and I'm using the NUbia cable with no issue though and it stays SFC 2.0 the whole time. When the Anker one drops to normal fast charging the circle animation is green to denote it's legacy fast charging, the SFC 2.0 colour is blue, and SFC 1.0 is slightly turquoise/blue for reference.

The charging times ETA between them appears to be maximum 20 minutes though, so really not much in it.

Did you add the screen protector?
Nope I don't use them.

cgk

cgk

Associate
Can anybody recommend a charger for the S24 Ultra?
I use a 100W USB C Anker Prime GaN 3-Port Fast PPS Charger - I got it on a sale and it's great because it's smaller and light and when I travel for business it charges both my phone and my laptop. It's all got an USB-A port for older devices.

Associate
I put an old s9 I had around for the trade in discount, but it turns out they've not really included any kind of box to put it in which is what I'd assumed they'd do. I've no idea where the box to the phone is - I probably could find it but it would probably take a number of hours. Does anyone have any good tips on potential packaging?

Soldato
I put an old s9 I had around for the trade in discount, but it turns out they've not really included any kind of box to put it in which is what I'd assumed they'd do. I've no idea where the box to the phone is - I probably could find it but it would probably take a number of hours. Does anyone have any good tips on potential packaging?
Bubble wrap it and put it in a padded envelope

Associate
I would have chose the Purple next & then the Blue.

No idea about the sides. Mine look a bit goldish. Unless it's just the wat Titanium looks when polished
oh well, slap the case on, and problem solved right? haha. although using it naked now seems nicer to hold compared to s23u, I mean less slippery and easier to grab from flat surface.

Soldato
Just took delivery of 2 S24 Ultras, I was supposed to return once and was told by Samsung I could just reject delivery and it'd go back.

Driver insisted it wasn't possible, reckon he was just being lazy. So now have to reach out to support and return it.

Associate
All set up now and running well... Unfortunately the one corporate app I need for Auth (okta) is not working

Phone is very quick and basically an enhanced s23 ultra (That's not a bad thing ) time to let it bed in for a week or so.

Haven't seen this day 1 update they were talking up to improve camera , seems okay at the moment but still not as good as my 8 pro

Back
Top Bottom