Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
Use your thumb and start pushing/working the screen protector closer to the edge
Probably wouldn't do anything with it being glass so no room for it to stretch. If it does slide over slightly then it'll just make the issue worse on the other side.

Has anyone also noticed some significant battery drain? My phone was 100% when I started work, took it out my locker 8 hours later and it had drained to about 65% despite not being used.

Soldato
Probably wouldn't do anything with it being glass so no room for it to stretch. If it does slide over slightly then it'll just make the issue worse on the other side.

Has anyone also noticed some significant battery drain? My phone was 100% when I started work, took it out my locker 8 hours later and it had drained to about 65% despite not being used.
The battery will still be optimising. Mine actually just popped up saying it's going to put about 20 apps into deep sleep

Soldato
I notice it go into full pop when you watch a video or image, you can test this easily if you've got a photo with clouds/sky, toggle it full screen/minimized and you'll notice it kick in.

Edit: oops was already posted before

This could also just be it doing this for gallery images, I dunno if I want stupid vibrant all the time, but I think it's not quite right at other times still.

See if Samsung post a fix.

Got mine setup now and first impressions were not as I was expecting, I am feeling a tad underwhelmed. The S pen feels flimsy compared to the S22 Ultra's. Tried setting up Wallet and was taken all over the place, then I realised it was Samsung and not Google wallet. The phone had disabled Google Wallet, even though I use it all the time and I used the Smart switch to move my stuff over. The screen protector is rough at the edges and keeps getting caught when using gestures. I can see this starting to lift off at some point.

The UI is a high point. It feels fluid and smooth. I love the new transitions and animations between screens etc. A big improvement over my S22. I guess this is supposed to be a lot faster as it has a much better processor. I ran one benchmark on 3d mark and it said it was too powerful to give a score which was odd. I did noticed it was running at least twice the speed of the benchmark I ran last night on the S22. The audio sounds better through the speakers of this model I'd say, less tinny. I'm looking forward to relaxing in a bath and having some Bach playing.

It feels not a lot different to the S22 Ultra apart from perhaps being more flimsy in one respect, but the screen hardness and sheen is nice. The colours are less vibrant when I was playing a game I usually play. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing. Maybe it will grow on me over the next few days. I do think that this is my last phone for a number of years now, unless I break it of course. The upgrades really seem quite minor these days.

Associate
It's super annoying! The edges are cutting into my fingers.
Definitely! I noticed that the edges were literally shaving bits of my fingers off!
I still noticed the edges occasionally with a case on.

I've since put on another Spigen protector which feels fine!

Main issue I'm having is the fingerprint scanner, though my thumbs are quite dry at the moment which may be causing it to not work perfectly.

...but my Xperia 1 IV unlocks first time every time no matter what.

Associate
For those who have fitted tempered screen protectors, have you noticed any reduction in quality with front camera? I've noticed they dont have a cutout for the camera?

Also, has anyone tried the ESR tempered protector?

Associate
I'm using the ESR tempered glass, only because my work takes me into very industrial environments. Installation was a breeze, the fit is as perfect as you're going to get and haven't seen noticeable glare (although not really used it outside yet) or grain effect.

Soldato
I'm using the ESR tempered glass, only because my work takes me into very industrial environments. Installation was a breeze, the fit is as perfect as you're going to get and haven't seen noticeable glare (although not really used it outside yet) or grain effect.
I'm using it too but I feel like taking it off as my FPS is now hit and miss compared to when I didn't have it on. I have increased the sensitivity too but not much luck.

Let's see

Soldato
Oh, I removed all my fingerprints and re did them after installation of the glass, I found it was noticable slower with the glass on, but great after re-doing the prints.
I didn't redo them all so will try this.

My galaxy watch 6 classic is due today even though I got an email 2 days ago delivery was delayed until 8th Feb!

Caporegime
Why do so many of you bother with screen protectors? Do you put your phones in pockets with keys or something?

Never ever used one and never had a scratch.

I did completely smash one screen (2 months after I got a new S22 Ultra) but a screen protector would not have saved it.

That's the first phone I ever dropped and damaged and I've had mobile phones for 24 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: A2Z
Associate
I'm loving the generative wallpapers!
Screenshot-20240126-083922-One-UI-Home.jpg

Soldato
Soldato
Does anyone use a non-One UI launcher? I use nova but finding the lag when going back to home and being able to tap another app to open quite annoying

Associate
Why do so many of you bother with screen protectors? Do you put your phones in pockets with keys or something?

I did completely smash one screen (2 months after I got a new S22 Ultra) but a screen protector would not have saved it.

That's the first phone I ever dropped and damaged and I've had mobile phones for 24 years.
I use one because the oleophobic coating wore off my S21U after 6 months & the screen was disgusting all the time.

Soldato

I never use them, just a case to protect from drops. I always put my phone in a pocket on its own and never screen down so it's fine. Some people probably work in jobs that require a screen protector. My girlfriend also uses one because she puts the phone in her handbag with all sorts of other stuff that could scratch it

Back
Top Bottom