Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Soldato
Battery life for me is exceptional now.

First few days whilst everything was indexing and getting sorted it took bit of a hit, but I can get 2 days of use now comfortably with 6-7 hours SoT.

Associate
Another confirmation from Envirofone, payment tomorrow, final tally for the S24

£580 (15% discount + £50 pre-order voucher + £50 S24GW)

£150 for watch
£150 for old phone via ebay on a 70% fees deal

Final cost £280

Associate
My marble grey S24 plus was supposed to come on the 23rd Feb but just had an email saying its with the courier already and Ive arranged for this Wednesday delivery.

Has anyone any recommendations of screen protectors for S24 plus, ive seen a few posts about the width issue on the Ultras.

Also, for any one with the vegan case. What is the grip like? I have the leather on my S21 Ultra and like the feel/grio.
I've installed the Samsung Screen protector on the 24+ and it seems less of a problem than for the ultra. The silicone case was OK too seems to have bit more grip than my vegan leather on ultra. The vegan case does feels nice in hand though the leather case on S23U was tad nicer. Grip is not the best. I have now swapped to my Spigen Ultra Hybrid as my daily for now, feels a bit heavier than the vegan leather case.

Associate
"Scratches at a level 7, with deeper grooves at a level 8", though there were still marks at level 6 which were apparently transfer of the pick to the glass.

I still can't bring myself to go screen protector-less though! Even though with a glass screen protector I lose one of the main selling points of the new glass! (Reduced reflections)

Soldato
What charger are people using? I had a samsung official 45W one I bought for my S8 Tab, and this morning it seems to have stopped working. Looking at its reviews on the site, seems to be a very common issue.

nam

nam

Soldato
I've installed the Samsung Screen protector on the 24+ and it seems less of a problem than for the ultra. The silicone case was OK too seems to have bit more grip than my vegan leather on ultra. The vegan case does feels nice in hand though the leather case on S23U was tad nicer. Grip is not the best. I have now swapped to my Spigen Ultra Hybrid as my daily for now, feels a bit heavier than the vegan leather case.
went with the spigen glass on my S24+ no bubbles , much easier to install them the supplied anti-reflective from Samsung

Soldato
Soldato
there's 2 main things I need my phone to do these days :

good battery
good point and shoot camera

currently both are nearly there on s24u.

I'll give it a few more days but it may end up on MM soon ha!
Set performance profile to "light" (literally makes no difference unless you game), and FHD+ I run as well as I can't see the screen difference

Associate

First few days whilst everything was indexing and getting sorted it took bit of a hit, but I can get 2 days of use now comfortably with 6-7 hours SoT.

I charged it up to 80% on Sunday night, and down to 30% now. Waiting for it to fall to 29% to see if I set a low-power mode Routine properly.
The battery life is incredible on this.

Associate

Gave my s24 Ultra a test tonight at my kids karate grading , took some photos of them going up to get their certificate and new belt ...

Sadly the s24 failed miserably to capture these without blurring, it still amazes me that Samsung cannot get this right where as no problems with the Pixel or Apple on these.

It wasn't high motion, just kids walking up to get their awards, had the same with the note 10, s21u, s22u, S23u. Thought Samsung had fixed this time but obviously not.

Had the shutter set to prioritise speed of capture

Static is fine but anything moving is a gamble with these phones. Rest of the phone is fantastic but as anyone with kids will know, you want to be able to capture the moment . Until this I had been happy with the phone but left a little frustrated they cannot get this sorted

Last edited:
Soldato
Gave my s24 Ultra a test tonight at my kids karate grading , took some photos of them going up to get their certificate and new belt ...

Sadly the s24 failed miserably to capture these without blurring, it still amazes me that Samsung cannot get this right where as no problems with the Pixel or Apple on these.

It wasn't high motion, just kids walking up to get their awards, had the same with the note 10, s21u, s22u, S23u. Thought Samsung had fixed this time but obviously not.

Had the shutter set to prioritise speed of capture

Static is fine but anything moving is a gamble with these phones. Rest of the phone is fantastic but as anyone with kids will know, you want to be able to capture the moment . Until this I had been happy with the phone but left a little frustrated they cannot get this sorted
Yup. It's painful. We've got a new kitten and I've got a bunch of blurry photos lol.

Associate
that's the catch I think.. there's nothing decent to spend the money on. I looked at the themes, icon packs etc and they're all rubbish 2004 style crap, not spending even "free" money on it.
Same here, I have been having a look and there is nothing worth buying with the free credit!!

Associate
Yup. It's painful. We've got a new kitten and I've got a bunch of blurry photos lol.
It just amazes me they cannot fix this, it ruins what is an otherwise great phone.

Sadly all the reviewers on YouTube take shots of stationary objects , anything with movement is a gamble .

Saying that was playing with the circle AI feature today and that's a game changer , also the generative fill.is pretty decent also ... But why can't they fix the dam shutter lag arrrrrggghhhh

Last edited:
Soldato
It just amazes me they cannot fix this, it ruins what is an otherwise great phone.

Sadly all the reviewers on YouTube take shots of stationary objects , anything with movement is a gamble .

Saying that was playing with the circle AI feature today and that's a game changer , also the generative fill.is pretty decent also ... But why can't they fix the dam shutter lag arrrrrggghhhh
Yup. I find it very frustrating.. that's what I mean when I say I want a good point and shoot. Something I can trust.

Soldato

Just realised my performance profile wasn't even on light all this time. Expecting even better results now.

Associate

It's the reason I've decided not to get the S24 Ultra I've been extremely tempted had it in the basket with just one click away from buying it, but I sold my S23 Ultra because of shutter lag along with the over saturation & over sharping.
The Pixel 8 Pro camera has been superb & this one reason alone makes it hard to give up.

This will be the first time I've not had the latest Sammy Ultra & will now wait for the Pixel 9 Pro later on in the year.

Last edited:

cgk

cgk

Associate
This will be the first time I've not had the latest Sammy Ultra & will now wait for the Pixel 9 Pro later on in the year.
I go back to pixel now and again but I just cannot deal with the battery life.

In other news - anyone finding much of a change with the x75 modem?

Back
Top Bottom