Samsung Galaxy S24 Family Thread

Man of Honour
My brother got his Ultra Violet one today. In person it's rather nice, just not a fan of the silver camera rings as mentioned before, otherwise really a fantastic colour. Titanium coloured frame and rings would have made this probably Samsung's best colour combo of any phone to date IMO.

Soldato
Been using Samsung Internet browser for last few days and I think I actually prefer it over Chrome now!

Been a long time since using it but it's come a long way.

The AI summary is a nice tldr feature too

Last edited:
Associate
Been using Samsung Internet browser for last few days and I think I actually prefer it over Chrome now!

I have been using it for years and indeed its great. I would not be able to live without features like adblock or address line at the bottom - I dont k ow if chrome offers it now but I have no reason to move. Firefox maybe for perfect sync with PC, bit its slower in comparison.

Associate
I've been using Samsung internet for years and much prefer it over the others but when I'm doing anything with the NS&I (Premium Bonds)website it wont trust Samsung internet and I have to use chrome, which is a tad annoying.
There was sightings of Samsung internet on windows a while ago but nothing in the Microsoft store here just yet.

Associate

I've switched over to using Edge recently.

I do like Samsung Internet, but it has no desktop counterpart, and I find things like being able to access my tabs on my phone or computer from the other device handy.

Copilot does AI page summary too :)

I use Bitwarden so as to never be tied down to one browser. It does seem as though Samsung Pass works system wide, but would tie me down to using a Samsung phone forever...

Last edited:
Soldato
Look at pitaka - its an incredible looking case made from carbon fiber. Ive tried few knock offs over the years but pitaka is the only real deal.
I'm a fan of minimalist aesthetics and I don't like the camera hump on the back, I prefer the look of Thinborne or Latercase. I have been using a carbon case from Aliexpress on my S23 and got the same one for the S24 and very happy with it both fit and finish feel great and good value at £16

wGJirNu.jpeg

Associate
I'm a fan of minimalist aesthetics and I don't like the camera hump on the back, I prefer the look of Thinborne or Latercase. I have been using a carbon case from Aliexpress on my S23 and got the same one for the S24 and very happy with it both fit and finish feel great and good value at £16

wGJirNu.jpeg
Looks noce indeed, but I was using the aliexpress one on s23u and it has scratched the sides of the phone. Back to pitaka for s24u and wont look at anything else ever again.

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
Great review @mrk

Here's the Galaxy AI detailed summary :D

Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Review: A Hands-On Look After Two Weeks of Use

• The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra introduces various improvements over its predecessor, including a new Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 chipset, an upgraded One UI 6.1 interface, enhanced cameras, and a Titanium frame for the Ultra model.

• While Samsung emphasized AI enhancements during its Unpacked event, some of these features may be locked behind a subscription after 2025, raising concerns about the long-term availability of certain AI-powered functions.

• The reviewer praises the Titanium construction of the S24 Ultra, noting its premium feel and improved comfort compared to the S23 Ultra, despite some concerns about potential discomfort raised by other reviewers.

• Battery life is comparable to the S23 Ultra, with improvements noticed after a 7-day learning period, although Wireless Android Auto and media streaming seem to drain the battery faster.

• One UI 6.1 introduces new battery care features, and rumors suggest that Samsung may provide additional battery information similar to what iPhones offer.

• The S24 Ultra supports 45W fast charging, but it takes about 1 hour and 5 minutes to fully charge the 5000mAh battery, while 15W fast wireless charging is also available.

• The reviewer expresses disappointment that wireless charging speeds have not been increased to match competitors like Xiaomi, Oppo, and OnePlus, which offer up to 50W wireless charging.

Associate

The night video smoothness and clarity at 4k60 is just excellent for this sort of use :cool:

Also took some pics around Battersea Powerstation:

gOeNjGd.jpeg
SzUzAtB.jpeg
BkTz5Nd.jpeg

jN2W3hL.jpeg
ybby4wr.jpeg

Oh and my review is up!

I designed that wavy building you see in your photos

Associate

Started using it myself, been using Chrome then Brave for years and always uninstalled or disabled the Samsung Browser.

It's very very good and is now my default browser , Chrome stops you from blocking a lot of adds due to that being most of Google Revenue stream via Ads, Brave is good but love the configurability of Samsung Browser

Back
Top Bottom