*** Samsung Galaxy Z Fold Thread (it can fold and everything) ***

White ones?
Not sure to be honest, I've just seen the same mail a few places online. I'm in Ireland - Exertis run the Samsung store and they told me yesterday there was no issues and my order would be delivered 'from 19th July' which seems like a clever use of words. Considering cancelling at this stage if I can get through to them, not like the pre-order bonus was great here (10% off and €45 trade in on old Buds+)

Samsung just randomly sent me an exclusive £100 off for the Fold or Flip...sales must not be doing too well, not surprising given the weak pre-order offer.

Urgh. Just received the fold 6.
Popped on the free s pen case.. First seconds impression.. The frame to the left side on the front is way to thin and moves and feels like will snap. Not great quality....

Opened phone powered off. Closed. Set up Google account etc closed. . Opened phone and all of left side of screen flickers.
Samsung chat. Return arranged. New Phone replacement after they check this one. Apparently new phone will be sent not a repair 7 to 10 days later.
Disappointing first order from Samsung. Sigh.

Link to YouTube video

Last edited:
I have the Spigen Hybrid Pro case & it does the exactly same thing, I think all cases for the Fold 6 will probably do this.
Hopefully your replacement will be fine & Samsung or whoever they use to check the phone, don't try & say you damaged it as it been known in the past. :/

I was suppose to get my Buds3 Pro on Friday I didn't order them from Samsung but Argos, I had a load of Nectar Point to use so got them cheaper than i would have from Samsung.

Well yesterday I found out that they now probably been stolen after having the run around, because it was a pre order they where being delivered by Yodel not Argos themselves.

So due to the recall I have to wait, if I cancel then I have to chase up my points back with Nectar so wait it is. :(

Last edited:
I was suppose to get my Buds3 Pro on Friday I didn't order them from Samsung but Argos, I had a load of Nectar Point to use so got them cheaper than i would have from Samsung.

How much did you pay?

This is the lowest I could get them
oWmVKQC.png

Update:

Found new discount code and managed to get it down to £106 and with current 15% Topcashback offer, that takes it to below £100

Vp3NMmR.png

Last edited:
Urgh. Just received the fold 6.
Popped on the free s pen case.. First seconds impression.. The frame to the left side on the front is way to thin and moves and feels like will snap. Not great quality....

Opened phone powered off. Closed. Set up Google account etc closed. . Opened phone and all of left side of screen flickers.
Samsung chat. Return arranged. New Phone replacement after they check this one. Apparently new phone will be sent not a repair 7 to 10 days later.
Disappointing first order from Samsung. Sigh.

Link to YouTube video
Oh that is not great to hear, I am thinking I might keep my fold 5

Just got another sent today.
Was a bit concerned how hot it gets charging but is safe temp wise et. Great phone (from an S22 ultra)

I think what is clear is that all the Chinese foldable are better speced. I think I'll stop watching the other reviews now otherwise you start nitpicking. Charging.. Battery size... Cameras etc... If the 6 does what I want then Im not gonna miss the other specs.

Now for the case. Sent the spigen armour pro back... Too chunky and that hinge protection gets in the way when holding and opening for me. ... The Samsung grey s pen case is awful for the money but was free so will try that for a while. Need a case that holds a pen but at the same time no too chunky. Search continues.

Just got another sent today.
Was a bit concerned how hot it gets charging but is safe temp wise et. Great phone (from an S22 ultra)

I think what is clear is that all the Chinese foldable are better speced. I think I'll stop watching the other reviews now otherwise you start nitpicking. Charging.. Battery size... Cameras etc... If the 6 does what I want then Im not gonna miss the other specs.

Now for the case. Sent the spigen armour pro back... Too chunky and that hinge protection gets in the way when holding and opening for me. ... The Samsung grey s pen case is awful for the money but was free so will try that for a while. Need a case that holds a pen but at the same time no too chunky. Search continues.
I am tempted by the chinese foldables but I am tied into the samsung ecosystem a bit, as I have the smart tags, also I like the way the fold handles multitasking ect. not sure if it is as good on the others, also the other thing that worries me is how good are the after sales if something goes wrong.

All these Chinese foldables look great but I wouldn't have one you have a problem good luck getting it sorted, also software support while seems great at first then suddenly drops of a cliff after a year or when the replacement arrives, they can promise the Earth with 5 years of updates, but in reality they make you wait for them.

So yeah while they all look better I'll still take Samsung foldable over any of these Chinese ones.

Yes definitely, although I am attracted to the slightly wider cover screen, I had a pixel fold for a while and the hinge felt really flimsy compared to the fold 5

had good experience with Xiaomi and Oneplus flagship devices and support been good, not tried the other chinese brands so cant comment, will be interesting to see how the Oneplus open 2 is much prefer wider front screen

had good experience with Xiaomi and Oneplus flagship devices and support been good, not tried the other chinese brands so cant comment, will be interesting to see how the Oneplus open 2 is much prefer wider front screen
that's interesting to hear, I like the look of the oneplus open, would like to give it a go but I would buy one second hand though i reckon at this point.

I'm not pre ordering anything again from Samsung they are now offering the Freestyle Projector & free upgrade to 1TB from 512GB on the Fold 6. :/

I'm not pre ordering anything again from Samsung they are now offering the Freestyle Projector & free upgrade to 1TB from 512GB on the Fold 6. :/
This years pre-order was so poor, they released an almost identical phone (Fold 6) offered no incentives and increased the RRP.

Sales down 10%

Last edited:
Yeah feel well mugged off -
A free (crap!) case for me.
Have emailed the CEO from the Samsung site with my experience (first phone was broken too) see if anything happens but I doubt it. Guess its always best to wait.
Pretty happy with the phone though to be fair.

With a heavy heart I have just sold my Fold 4.

Didn't have any problems with it, just found the battery life a little lacking and was worried about it's long term durability.

Got a S22 Ultra to replace it, being my goto device type (had loads of Galaxy Notes and Ultras).

Already miss how good it is one handed because it's a bit slimmer and the massive screen. Oh well, need to keep the gadget merry-go-round moving

Back
Top Bottom