Samsung KS7000 55inch just been delivered...

Soldato
Having had these two side by side for a few hours I'm tbh not seeing what all the fuss about these OLED screens is about. It's darker but tbh not by much the KS7000 goes nice and dark when needed. I have also found the OLED looses shadow detail quite badly.

This picture shows what I mean by shadow detail being lost on the OLED.... The Samsung with HDR brings out a lot more detail....

oqlnwx.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Isn't that classed as crushed blacks on the OLED?

What settings are you using on the oled.

No idea I have tried just about everything. The OLED level is at 85 and the brightness at 65 in that pic. The only way to retain shadow detail on the OLED is to turn up the brightness which just makes everything grey. In dark scenes the OLED looks stunning also dark scenes with bright lights look great but anything in between it just cannot cope and a lot of detail is lost in dark areas.

I'm going to have another play today and see if I can bring out the detail without the picture looking awful in the process.

Soldato
No idea I have tried just about everything. The OLED level is at 85 and the brightness at 65 in that pic. The only way to retain shadow detail on the OLED is to turn up the brightness which just makes everything grey. In dark scenes the OLED looks stunning also dark scenes with bright lights look great but anything in between it just cannot cope and a lot of detail is lost in dark areas.

I'm going to have another play today and see if I can bring out the detail without the picture looking awful in the process.

What source/content is that your playing.

Do you have your hdmi black level matched with the TV and device.

Im not very good with this stuff either, getting mine today and will be fiddling with the settings most likely than actually watching the thing:D

Im going to be using hdmi black level low and limited on all my devices to see how that works.

Soldato
What source/content is that your playing.

Do you have your hdmi black level matched with the TV and device.

Im not very good with this stuff either, getting mine today and will be fiddling with the settings most likely than actually watching the thing:D

That's pretty much all I have done since getting mine ...

I have tried lots of sources from 4k streamed, Blu-Ray etc all do the same.

Tbh unless you have them side by side like I have you might not see the problem. Tbh I wish I had not done it now.

Soldato
That's pretty much all I have done since getting mine ...

I have tried lots of sources from 4k streamed, Blu-Ray etc all do the same.

Tbh unless you have them side by side like I have you might not see the problem. Tbh I wish I had not done it now.

Yeah that's the thing, for the first few months of owning a new TV, I am constantly changing settings to get the best I can, after a while I just give up and forget about all that and just enjoy the TV.
If I get anywhere today with mine I will let you know how I find it, will only have Netflix 4k source to test that at present.

Soldato
Got this tv a week or so ago. Generally happy. Recently however, have an issue with the amazon app and was wondering if anyone had the same issue/ideas.

It used to play it flawlessly, but recently, a lot of stuttering. Not even high quality 4k stuff. Netflix is perfectly fine and 4k youtube is also fine, just amazon video.

Soldato
It used to play it flawlessly, but recently, a lot of stuttering. Not even high quality 4k stuff. Netflix is perfectly fine and 4k youtube is also fine, just amazon video.
Not had an issue with the app on mine, but it's crap on a different telly - crashes and stutters like crazy. On my KS7000 the only stuttering is when it moans about bandwidth (BT fibre blah blah with plenty enough but it seems to lose connection through the Powerline every so often, so I doubt that's the app).

Soldato
Not had an issue with the app on mine, but it's crap on a different telly - crashes and stutters like crazy. On my KS7000 the only stuttering is when it moans about bandwidth (BT fibre blah blah with plenty enough but it seems to lose connection through the Powerline every so often, so I doubt that's the app).

I think it's specifically the Samsung App. Amazon video when played through my ps4, plays perfectly. Annoying to have to have the ps4 on constantly for it when there is an app for that purpose on the TV :s guess it's a combination of Amazon and Samsung not playing well together.

Back
Top Bottom