1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LS34E790C - Curved 34" 21:9 super-wide

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by RichIbizaSport, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Booner!

Sgarrista

Yeah it's a tiny (4-5 pixels tops) little black bug that appear during our hot summer months here in the UK. However the monitor was off all weekend and then I turn it on and it's wandering around in there, very strange why it picked the inside of a monitor as it's home when it's hard to get into :( It looks like a row of dead pixels now

2. Marine-RX179

Capodecina

I just wonder...what didn't Samsung release this monitor with Freesync support?

3. snappyfish

Hitman

4. .:SAmSuNG:.

Mobster

Blacks seem alot better with those settings that I had before. Do I just need to add that profile and use those settings? Nothing else in nvidia control panel or any other settings in windows?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2015
  5. pyronical

Associate

Anyone got Matson's icc profile? Not available on his link anymore.

I've had the monitor for about a week now, I have also found that the colour has changed quite dramatically after several days of use.

This looks pretty good too actually.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  6. Coolasmoo

Mobster

7. Makhaira

Mobster

I'm wondering whether to go for this, or for a 32" 16:9 4k screen for the same money. In my mind it's crispness (4k) vs. immersion (curve). Any other considerations I need to have with this screen?

8. .:SAmSuNG:.

Mobster

Imo the curve adds very little. Nice to have but its how wide it is that makes it immersive. Not sure about considerations as mines been flawless since I got it.

9. Joe!

Hitman

I couldn't actually imagine using this size screen without the curve, I feel like I would have to move my head a lot more than I do to read it.

The curve is subtle, yes, but it's definitely a good thing in my opinion.

10. pyronical

Associate

So much this.

Although I work for Samsung, so I may have drunk the kool aid.

11. snappyfish

Hitman

And which monitor do you own? :D

12. pyronical

Associate

The one in the thread title :p

13. Voltage

Mobster

seriously thinking of getting one of these bad boys since they look overclockable.

however, how are they for ps4 and xbox one scaling? how does console games look on it?

14. pyronical

Associate

Unable to OC mine... well, I can - but the text looks all blocky for some reason.

15. Voltage

Mobster

so no one has a ps4 or xbox one hooked into one of these?

I see you can use a zoom option on these.

thing that puts me off this widescreen is the black bars and lack of full screen usage on consoles.

16. PCM2

Soldato

You can select the 'Wide' option to make it stretch to fit the screen. But it would look stretched and horrendous (refer to the 'interpolation and upscaling' section of my review). And forget overclocking, they don't reliably go past ~65Hz without frame skipping or obvious artifacts.

17. JamesMay

Gangster

I have this monitor waiting for me to pickup.

But you guys scare me away from it a bit.
    Banding, Trailing/Ghosting, Uniformity, Text is weird..

Anyone had this monitor for a long time, and possibly a >100hz display aswell for comparison in terms of gaming? What are FPS games like on the S34?

Anyway its either this or the PG279Q.

What should I go for? PG will arrive on monday/tue.

18. FirebarUK

Soldato

I'm very happy with mine, it took a little bit of getting used to but I don't see any exaggeration of problems.

19. old gamer

Mobster

ive been using mine since last feb and fps gaming is great, i dont see any ghosting or input lag, the text on web pages was not great but even that looks a bit better since i moved to windows 10, if you go for it dont expect to much out of the box as default settings are very poor

20. FirebarUK

Soldato

Yeah, this. Text was terrible to start with but tweaking cleartype settings really helps and now I'm also used to the slight blur. Keep in mind that I use mine for about 10 hours a day most days at the home office. It is very different from a say an IPS panel, which is what I came from.