Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
hey all

Bit of a longtime lurker here - I have the opportunity to get one via the same means as mentioned above (Insiders UK) so at what I think is a really good price.

I don’t really PC game (currently anyway this could change down the line - haven’t done for some time due to change of priorities) so have primarily used my current Mateview Gt ultra wide for work/productivity and console gaming when I get the chance.

Thoughts on justifying the upgrade if at all?

I’d love to find out how I’d be able to get the best out of it (or how others do!)
How long did you wait to get confirmation/code that you have been selected?
For console gaming its a bad choice, for productivity either - because of burn in risk and no warranty for burn in. Its mainly a top gaming monitor, not much else.

Associate
Been a long time user with insiders so when the campaign popped up I had signed up initially (couple weeks ago?).

Re: console and productivity - thanks, assumed as much as have done a lot of reading on it.

What is really needed to get the best out of the monitor specs wise?

Associate
Damn - wish I had seen this Insiders site before buying my G93SC a couple weeks back! Got an OK price from Amazon sale (and used some vouchers), but still not as good as 50%!

Caporegime
Yup I tried roughly a week later, and whilst able to access the survey I've received no response. Worth a punt! DWF for £550 will have to do!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Tempted by a new display, and this sounds perfect, but I need a monitor that will support both Windows and MacOS.

Has any tried connecting one of these to a Apple Silicon Macbook Air/Pro and does it support the native resolution/scaling OK?

Last edited:
Associate
Hello everyone

New to this forum, especially this thread :)

I bought my samsung g9 oled this June, had some problems and Samsung replaced my panel, now it's here again. I was reading your comments and I have some questions, thank you very much if you have time to help me:

- I read about VRR problems, what should I do? Right now I have Gsync enabled on Windows 11 (the first option, "large screen") but I have VRR disabled on my Samsung controllers. Do you need to disable on both sides?

- Can you share with me the most accurate settings for this monitor? I don't know what an ICC profile is, but it looks like the profile configuration file to me, right? email: [email protected]

Thank you so much!

Associate
OP
i enabled VRR in the monitor and g-sync - if anyone has the profile can they send to oxna and myself please - [email protected] and [email protected]
Sent you both an email just now, I personally turned off VRR, as it was giving me issues in a few games, and on the desktop, and I have no issues running games uncapped without it even if they hover around 100-200 fps, I don't notice any stuttering in 99% of games I'm playing. (If I did however) I'd definitely try turning it on, as I'm sure it can change game by game.

I may have needed it actually turned on in Alan Wake 2 for example as I did notice a lack of smoothness there without realising it could have been the lack of VRR.

Last edited:
Soldato
thanks so much personality!

Ive gone through all the steps, i had seen on reddit the settings so i was already using these - still feels a bit washed out. Ive ordered a usb c memory stick so i can update the firmware, im currently on 1023 and i see on the samsung website theres a 1305.5 that was released on the 10th november so im hoping that will fix it otherwise ill be sending it back.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom