Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
OP
Because i ordered online they cannot provide a refund of the price difference they can only do so if you order via the phone.
Yeah that's ridiculous, I got told I had to cancel the order and order again so that's what I did.

Should have been an automated process for the earliest buyers imo. But a few probably won't realise they've overpaid, probably what they're hoping for.

Associate
Gah, just realised that i'm going to need to buy a KVM switch now to share USB devices between desktop and macbook :( this might actually be a deal breaker for me, I can't remember what I used to do with my older G9 must have used bluetooth back then :S

Associate
Been lurking on this thread but am in a similar boat to others who ordered online. Through my employee discount page paid £1700. Tried through every possible angle to just get a refund on the price difference but no luck. Now going to have to refuse delivery of this when it arrives and wait for pre-orders to open back up.

Seems like such a waste! Wouldn't have minded if it was a hundred quid or so but seems insane to throw £350 down the drain when it hasn't even released!

Associate
Gah, just realised that i'm going to need to buy a KVM switch now to share USB devices between desktop and macbook :( this might actually be a deal breaker for me, I can't remember what I used to do with my older G9 must have used bluetooth back then :S
Yep, going to cancel :( I have a macbook air so only 2 USB-C ports, so hooking up to display and power will use both those up. So will end up needing a USB-C powered hub and a KVM switch.... that's too much faff.

Edit: Turns out the MSI and Asus versions of this both have USB-C with 90w PD :( so they might be the ones for me.

Last edited:
Associate
Yep, going to cancel :( I have a macbook air so only 2 USB-C ports, so hooking up to display and power will use both those up. So will end up needing a USB-C powered hub and a KVM switch.... that's too much faff.

Edit: Turns out the MSI and Asus versions of this both have USB-C with 90w PD :( so they might be the ones for me.
I've been using a 38 inch dell which has a builtin KVM and usb-c hookup to my work laptop and it is excellent. I can't understand why a latest generation monitor doesn't have KVM & usb-c with PD. It's got to be that manufacturers think we either want a gaming screen OR a business one and not both so don't bother with the connectivity that is required for both use cases.

Associate
I've been using a 38 inch dell which has a builtin KVM and usb-c hookup to my work laptop and it is excellent. I can't understand why a latest generation monitor doesn't have KVM & usb-c with PD. It's got to be that manufacturers think we either want a gaming screen OR a business one and not both so don't bother with the connectivity that is required for both use cases.
Yeah, it's a hard requirement for me. I swear I saw something that said it have USB-C or it would have been a no-go from the start... oh well, hopefully my cancelling will have allowed someone else to snag it :D now I just need to see if I can wait for the MSI or Asus version to come out or if i'll folder and go wit the Philips I saw in OcUK B Grade.

Associate

Just been digging into the Asus spec and it only has HDMI 2.0 and 144Hz. The 144Hz doesn't bother me at all, but the 2.0 does.

Back
Top Bottom