Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
OP
Anybody got a phone number for Samsung to change delivery date? Tried 8007267864 it don't work.
They have a live chat system, which I used to return order but

I used this number to eventually get through to the right support 0333 000 0333 when cancelling an order. Hopefully the same for changing delivery.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You can change it when it gets picked up by DPD via the DPD app
Yeah if it's already dispatched, but his order is due Thursday (not sure if sent out yet)

So he can technically change it directly with Samsung to get it sent out today for a pre 10:30am or whatever time he wants delivery tomorrow.

All those order cancellations freed up thousands of monitors that were not cancelled to get earlier delivery slots.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Got my replacement monitor in for £1240

a £160 pound saving for the hassle of sending the original order back and ordering a new one :)

fully calibrated and it seems some issues I was having on the original aren't occurring (youtube flickering) and what not but I'll see if it stays that way.

Associate
OP
Nice one! Mine is due in the next couple of hours. £40 extra but a week earlier, I can live with that :) (codes are no longer working too apparently, just got in in time).

Damn, that's why you've got to pounce while something is working and hope for the best!

can't complain then, and it's good for us that got it, if we want to resell later :)

Associate
OP
Text on this 2nd panel hasn't been an issue for me, I think it was some issue with image scaling that I managed to sort out in the settings, but as I didn't have the issue until I got G9 assumed it was the monitor.

Now I'd be happy to recommend this monitor for more mundane tasks as well, if you can avoid a fully white background.

Associate
OP
Image scaling is set to 100% on the G5 (as it's 5120x1440 it doesn't need zooming in to 125% & zooming out doesn't help either as tried 75 & 50%). The 28" were set to 125% & retained perfectly crisp text all the way up to 175%, but I do think the higher horizontal resolution helps a lot as well. Even went as far as trying al the different fonts & sizes in web browsers to no avail. Maybe my eyes got used to the 28" text display & the G5 is perfectly fine and I am expecting too much from it. Text in games seems fine though which is what baffles me as run games at the native resolution without DLSS or DLAA so if their is a real issue it is with Windows (BIOS is stretched across the full width of the screen unless set it to PBP mode but isn't "pin sharp" even then still)
I had this issue

Make sure you have GeForce Experience first and update drivers.Go to Windows Display Setting>Nvidia Control panel>Adjust Desktop Size>Scaling Tab>Scaling Mode:
select "No Scaling" or "Full-Screen" (I selected No Scaling). Perform Scaling on: select "GPU", select "Override the scaling mode set by games and programs">Size Tab: Resize the desktop...
: select "Enable desktop resizing", select "Do not report"It is only after this that my computer display/graphics were back to normal and I was able to open applications without fear that my text would go jagged/pixilated.

So if anyone here experiences the jagged/pixelated text, it may have automatically turned some of this stuff on.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just to let everyone know if switch from mini hdmi to HDMI you have to calibrate the monitor again, minus the profile installation. All my settings went back to default, but you still have access to up to 12bit colour depth if you so choose, just make sure you get a certified 2.1 cable :)

needed it so I could move my monitor further away from my PC :) as I was basically slightly bending the mini hdmi to reach it with the case window nearly touching the monitor...

since I fixed my scaling issue, I've had no problems with text either I could actually recommend this for daily driving now as well.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Absolute genius!!! I couldn't do the "Desktop Resize" part as that option was greyed out to change after doing the first bit under "Scaling" tab, but it has made a noticeable difference to the text clarity that is for sure. Even after running ClearType tuner again for the new settings on the Neo G9 (not a G5 as I previously posted!), the text is extremely crisp even without the slight bolding that used to have to have before to remove some of the worst jaggedness.

Many thanks for this dude! Most appreciated!

Glad it helped someone suffering the same issue :) probably should be put in the 1st post to be honest I'll probably make a little guide on the first post :)

Associate
OP
Question for those that know more about Windows HDR. I've enabled Windows HDR and in games it looks amazing, really adds a ton of colour but in general windows use i find the colour a little washed out, if I turn off Windows HDR it looks a lot more vivid but obviously then I lose game HDR.

Am I missing something here?

Need to calibrate, and activate an ICC profile.

Associate
OP
I did the calabration and icc thing you kindly sent me and I have to say it's just stunning. Had a bit play of star wars squadrons tonight and it's sooo good. Just an amazing experience and I haven't even begun yet.

Glad the monitor is delivering for you, it can feel underwhelming without the calibration in place, when I was using it without, I definitely had to question what I'd paid for. Once calibration was in place though I could tell the colour balance was infinitely ahead of what I thought was good :cry: and the ICC profile takes it up another level as well of course.

Now I just have to hope I don't run into any burn in issues etc as I'm using this as a monitor for everything :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Having used an LG CX for the last 3 years as my monitor I'm not too worried. It has zero burn in. I always use a plain black wallpaper auto hide taskbar and icons, windows dark mode. It could still happen of course but fingers crossed the G9 is as good as the CX.
That's pretty much what I'm doing and hiding desktop icons when I don't need them. So hopefully it's not an issue then.

Back
Top Bottom