Samsung Odyssey 49" OLED G9 G95SC

Associate
OP
I'm kind of thinking I've not had such a good deal as mine was £1399. But still it's still a couple of hundred off. Sent my Aw3423dwf back today and I'm really excited about this arriving next week. I hope it's worth it.
You should cancel your order and order at the reduced price, unless you're flowing with excess cash and the difference is negligible to you.

Alternatively receive that order and bag another one at discount and then return the original order.

Not seen a product launch so crazy in pricing fluctuation.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If anyone's interested, saw this pic of the sub-pixel layout on Reddit. Lookin good!

image.png[img]
Turn off pixel shifting if you don't want to be annoyed by random text blurring on Windows though.

Associate
OP
I'm not expecting the 899 one to be honoured tbh, just hoping the 1199 one is!

Also if you send one back due to 'unwanted' does anyone know if they pick it up or is it your responsibility to send it?

Thanks
They book the collection with dpd free of charge with a time that suits you.

I've got mine getting collected tomorrow at 9am I expect one of my cheaper orders to be fulfilled. Got myself a 1080p 165hz monitor for £100 to keep me covered for 10 days.

If the orders get cancelled I'll keep an eye out for anyone who didn't return and wants to get rid on ebay etc hopefully.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm seeing one of my orders suggesting a delivery on the 7th, no random dates or changes. I'll see what happens with that order, as it was made 24 hours after my other one which still states the 17th as delivery due date.

Got my tablet the other day which may have pushed forward the monitor delivery on this particular order? No idea.

I don't know why their site is so broken though for this process.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I just rang them to ask. The guy i spoke to said theres nothing on the order to indicate its being cancelled.

I did ask if them delivering the tablet means they accepted the order, which he agreed they have, but i doubt thats binding..

Fair enough, in my opinion as it states the same order no as they've cancelled they should honour it.

They didn't make a separate order no for the tablet... so they should fulfil the order. We shall see what unfolds in the coming days, but I'll be pursuing that angle myself.

Edit: just seen someone share on other site that they don't need to fulfil all parts of the order :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Yup, saw that too.

Well I don't think I want this thing enough to pay full price (or near full price)

I've returned mine today £1399.99 price I paid for it.

1199.99 if still available is a decent price for it, but I'm actually going to agree as it doesn't fit all use cases, great consumption monitor (via pc) not much else even the built in apps experience is poor.

Associate
OP
Well that sucks. My £1199 order was cancelled too. I wonder if they would have gone through at that price if people hadn't taken the **** with the codes.

They let it work for too long, so news spread like wildfire, that's how these things go.

If it had stayed quiet some of us may have got some amazing deals :)

As soon as I saw it on the deals site that was bad news ;)

Associate
OP
Oh no! Let's hope they release the 57" by end of the month and get that :D

I'm actually really interested in the Asus version of this now as it have USB-C and a KVM but only 144hz which will be fine for me.

I would have felt the same but actually experiencing 240hz on the G9 is quite something, feel like it's not a limitation to performance to have a screen that big when it's so responsive.

Associate
OP
Ok so opening up the on-screen display/menu got the lines to go away. Maybe some sort of firmware bug. Already submitted return request and will follow through as, going from 27" 4K to 1440p is just too much clarity loss. Otherwise it's a fantastic monitor and 240 Hz OLED motion clarity is the future for gaming.
gotta wait another year for 4K 240hz support or so go the rumours. Same monitors will double as a 1080p 480hz screen.. good times ahead.

Back
Top Bottom