Samurize Scripts

Soldato
Originally posted by KingAdora
Why wouldn't you want to give someone your config? Selfishness.

Sorry but how can you call the guy sellfish when he's quite clearly spent a lot of time creating his OWN work.

And he's right it isnt that hard if you spend a little bit of time and apply your brain, you will also then understand how the program does what it does.

Associate
when i first got this i downloaded someone's script to moodify, now it doesnt look anything like anyone elses now i have more idea on what i am doing with it. It took me hours but i like what i've managed.

1 think though is my weather script never updates, i have to rewrite to the reqistry each time i want to update and then i get this message "OLE error 80041017" but then when i click again it works and updates.

My Script (img)

Associate
Originally posted by <De@thW!sh>
1 think though is my weather script never updates, i have to rewrite to the reqistry each time i want to update and then i get this message "OLE error 80041017" but then when i click again it works and updates.

Do you have the microsoft .net framework installed? That may be the problem if you don't....

Associate
Originally posted by <De@thW!sh>
in startup i have

"C:\Program Files\Samurize\Client.exe" "JMH"

in script

Const instance_name = "JMH"

:(

Zip up your Samurize directory and email it to me (email address in siggy) and I'll check it out if you like. I can't think of any other obvious reason why it wouldn't be working.

Associate
Here is my Script, Which has been edited and changed a little, With Thanks to Raymond Lin :) As i used his, and he helped me greatly!

sammysmall.jpg

Full 1600 x 1200 One Here

All I need now is a .PNG Geforce 4 Logo to replace the one i have in that screenshot as thats the wrong one :eek:

So if anyone Finds on Pleae Tell me :) Im on the Lookout!

Last edited:
Associate
Where to get PNG icons?

I know it has probably been asked in thiis thread but couldn't find it with a search.Where do I get logos that will work with Samurize?

:D

Associate
Tried that - doesn't work

Thats the first thing I tried with Photoshop 7 but it just won't put in the PNG.
Got some good Mac style ones from the Food Icons site but I want a BBC news one!

Permabanned
Re: Tried that - doesn't work

Originally posted by fearby
Thats the first thing I tried with Photoshop 7 but it just won't put in the PNG.
It has to be a specific type of PNG, cant remember the specifiics but under Save As|Options there's a number of choices - experiment one of them works ;)

Associate
ive almost completed what i (for now anyway ;D) consider to be the finished version of my samurize config but i've got a couple of problems at the moment.

1) i've got a custom recycle bin as detailed on page 16 of this thread regarding having a linked meter to explorer.exe ,,;; {blah blah blah} etc. - my question is that is there anyway by using this method to detect whether the recycle bin is full or empty like the standard bin does by changing icon.
i was thinking similar to how the weather icons change in regard to current conditions with img1.png etc

and 2) i'm using uktv (tho ive tried uktv+sky and rt_uktv aswell) to get my tv listings. however it seems to randomly update perhaps only twice a day regardless of what i set the update time to (currently at 15 min intervals tho) - the actual radiotimes site seems to be working fine tho. however even a forced refresh or closing and restarting samurize doesnt force an update. is this due to it timing out (im only on isdn and usually downloading during the day) because the radio times site is slow or is there some other problem? is the teletext site significantly faster?

however this evening ive experimented by not downloading anything and it still doesnt seem to update, so im a little confused atm.

any help from people would be good if you can make out what the hell im on about in the previous paragraphs :D

cheers

rOAdeh

Back
Top Bottom