• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire AMD Deals

Associate
So whats the plan for tomorrow lads?

Download AMD drivers and save to desktop. Delete existing graphics card drivers, shut down PC.

Remove connectivity (or in my case just pull out the network cable), install new GPU.

Turn on PC without internet, install drivers, shut down, re-enable internet, profit?

I have an Corsair HX 850w PSU which is roughly 12 years old but has 2 x 8 pin connectors so should be good to go.

Wonder who's will turn up first? Hopefully I have a quite day at work tomorrow (work from home) so can get a bit of time to install and test :)

All of the above and roll out the commode for a 12 hour gaming session!

Associate
Mine is also saying order shipped!!

Going from a 1080ti, expecting a big jump in performance to the 7900xt. (was with AMD before- 390 i think)

Have already downloaded the drivers. Will get the clean driver uninstaller as well per the comments on this board.

I currently have a 1080ti give me some feedback when you have tested it out!

Soldato
Received an XT instead of an XTX, nice. Probably my fault for thinking £700 would buy you one (B-Stock negotiation). The famous saying goes "if it is too good to be true, then it probably is".

The sku number was on the XT box, but the sku number on the invoice says XTX. Someone needs to sort out the inventory, I am not impressed.

Last edited:
Associate
Received an XT instead of an XTX, nice. Probably my fault for thinking £700 would buy you one (B-Stock negotiation). The famous saying goes "if it is too good to be true, then it probably is".

The sku number was on the XT box, but the sku number on the invoice says XTX. Someone needs to sort out the inventory, I am not impressed.
You could have got one of the Pulse deals for £699. Have a word with CS and see if they can discount what you have or do a swap.

Soldato

OH **** have you been in contact to see what has happened?

Soldato
I have and I will await their response. **** happens, probably some inventory got mislabelled with the wrong sku.

bad luck in any case, but hopefully ocuk will come through for you, i got my mba xtx on b-grade deal, arrived and looked like it hadn't been used, slapped a wb on it and its a monster

Back
Top Bottom