• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire GTO² available exclusively from OcUK and Modding instrutions inside.....

Soldato
danza said:
I strongly recommend that you also give the card a thorough workout before you mod the bios (i.e. don't void the warranty before you know the card is ok), just incase it needs to go back.....
Im with Danza on this one. Its easy to reinstall drivers ect, not so easy to return a card to OcUK when u modded the bios.

Permabanned
Yea, check it 100% first. Glad i did not mod mine first as i started to have problems with the card from day one!! No problems returning the card as nothing was modded!

Soldato
ACPCUP said:
Yea, check it 100% first. Glad i did not mod mine first as i started to have problems with the card from day one!! No problems returning the card as nothing was modded!
Glad you managed to return it OK. I seem to recall that you mentioned that the card was 'bent' when you first received it, and I still reckon that may well have been the cause of the problems you experienced.

It must have been put under quite some stress to have caused this, so perhaps a track or even just one small component was fractured or damaged in some way, thus causing it to misbehave!

Permabanned
Montala said:
Glad you managed to return it OK. I seem to recall that you mentioned that the card was 'bent' when you first received it, and I still reckon that may well have been the cause of the problems you experienced.

It must have been put under quite some stress to have caused this, so perhaps a track or even just one small component was fractured or damaged in some way, thus causing it to misbehave!

Yea, it was bent but not so bad that i could not fit it in the PCI-e slot. It might have had something to do with it, not sure really. I tried everything to get it working with games, but no joy. It worked fine with Windows. Just when i tried to play a game that is when it refused to work! I had no problem returning it though and when it was checked out they told me it was indeed faulty! Might have been a one off.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok guys thanks for the advice. I'll use the ol' driver cleaner on my current nVidia drivers.

The whole testing it at stock is a damn good idea too. In that case I'll just clean the drivers then swap the cards and install ATI drivers. Leave the modding for a weeks time or so to allow any problems to become apparent.

Also on a side not I just managed to clock my 6600GT from 500/1000 to 600/1200 on an arctic cooler. Gave me a rise in 05 marks from 3462 up to 4305. Shame to have to flog it on but needs must.

Associate
Just got one of these - updated without a hitch - Thanks Overclockers

My old XFX Geforce 6600GT gave me a 3dmark05 score of 4033

With the ummodded GTO2 gave me 4313

Clocked the GTO2 with 12 pipelines only to 499 MHz Core/ 495 MHz Mem (X850 default speeds) and got 4984

THen with the additional 4 pipelines opened I got 5527

Also in 3dmark03 i got a score of 10776

Not bad for a £150 card

Last edited:
Associate
Rewd have you tried clocking it higher? Indications are that it can hit x850XT PE speeds in a lot of cases. That will end up with a score of about 6700 in 3D Mark 05.

Associate
Dureth said:
Rewd have you tried clocking it higher? Indications are that it can hit x850XT PE speeds in a lot of cases. That will end up with a score of about 6700 in 3D Mark 05.

What are the X850XT PE speeds? 540/590?? I'm fairly sure the X850XT is 520/540.

Associate
Guys,

Just uninstalled the ati drivers for my gto2 to try and unlock the 16 pipes, used driver cleaner in safe mode and rebooted. Inserted the CD and it came up with this message.

EMM386:warning:address line A20 already enabled

Anyone have any ideas what this means?

It just hangs at that point

Cheers

Caporegime
gethy and anyone else with problems like this I have a tip: type the error message into Google. It will come up with a list of people with the same problem. I have never heard of the error before but I found this bunch of links: http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...M386:warning:address+line+A20+already+enabled

It appears to my rather less than expert eye that it isn't a video card specific problem, it's some sort of system error. All I can suggest is trawling through the links and finding a scenarion that relates to your.

Sorry I can't do more,

Rich. :)

Associate
Richdog said:
gethy and anyone else with problems like this I have a tip: type the error message into Google. It will come up with a list of people with the same problem. I have never heard of the error before but I found this bunch of links: http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...M386:warning:address+line+A20+already+enabled

It appears to my rather less than expert eye that it isn't a video card specific problem, it's some sort of system error. All I can suggest is trawling through the links and finding a scenarion that relates to your.

Sorry I can't do more,

Rich. :)

Brilliant mate,

Looks like its an issue with nero buring the iso,

http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?t=38493

This link shows the same problem, the search in google, i tried burnatonce and it worked first time, now 16 pipes.

Cheers Rich

Back
Top Bottom