• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Soldato
All three Nitro are now available to pre-order on OcUK.

The Nitro+ OC 8G shall increase to £259.99 inc. VAT tomorrow at 18:00, so were giving you plenty of advance warning and regular Nitro shall hold at £249.95 :)

At this rate the Powercolor is the better deal with a higher clockspeed as stock.

I'm waiting until reviews but not likely to go for the Nitro after the price increase. It's obvious the standard Nitro will be a lesser clocking chip.

OcUK Staff
OP
And if it's possible how many 480 sold in total so far?

Thousands, not will to post exact numbers as a lot of people read these forums including competitors, but OcUK is the UK no.1 on sales by not double, but over triple, crushing the competition. :)

Soldato
If Nvidia even have AIB GTX1060 cards for review tomorrow and AMD have no AIB RX480 for review this week they have screwed up big time.

Yea it's certainly an own goal. They should have done what Nvidia look to be doing to get in there first even if it was a small number. The thing i see holding this back is supply even for the stock card is not great on the top brands. I looked at a big american supplier and they have none.

When asked how many ocuk had for launch Gibbo said this.

In time for launch a few hundred and by end of next week we should have had 2000-3000 arrive, so plenty.

So looks like get the cards out first to trump AMD which they will have done. They both might have good supply at the same time but again this is a win for nvidia.

Last edited:
Associate
Agree. They should even deliver them for reviews by private plane to keep the momentum

Edit:

Aghh my phone... I Just don't even understand what I wrote.
Nvm.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a Sapphire Nitro+ 8GB preordered - but I'm thinking about getting a 1060 because the wait is killing me :/

You might just end end up waiting again as if there is only a few Hundred 1060's at launch and you don't get one then you will be waiting on a 1060 instead of a 480. If you luck in you will get a card.

Personally i would keep your pre-order and if the 1060 comes in with numbers first change it to that if you don't want to wait.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea it's certainly an own goal. They should have done what Nvidia look to be doing to get in there first even if it was a small number. The thing i see holding this back is supply even for the stock card is not great on the top brands. I looked at a big american supplier and they have none.

When asked how many ocuk had for launch Gibbo said this.

So looks like get the cards out first to trump AMD which they will have done. They both might have good supply at the same time but again this is a win for nvidia.

They never learn AMD do they? Let's gimp reference cards so not to step on AIB partners toes. Then AIB partners monumentally eff up and Nvidia AIB partners then deliver a smaller quantity of GTX1060 cards and Nvidia wins.

Why does AMD screw up on details like this at every launch?

They need AIB RX480 cards reviewed this week.

Associate
Any news on the Powercolor Devil 13s?

Everyone is Sapphire crazy... no news on the Devils at all! :confused::D

Still on course for the 22nd?

Soldato
Soldato
They never learn AMD do they? Let's gimp reference cards so not to step on AIB partners toes. Then AIB partners monumentally eff up and Nvidia AIB partners then deliver a smaller quantity of GTX1060 cards and Nvidia wins.

Why does AMD screw up on details like this at every launch?

They need AIB RX480 cards reviewed this week.

Yea they don't seem to grasp logic sometimes. They have all the tools needed to challenge Nvidia and keep making stupid mistakes. Nvidia can afford to make these kind of mistakes as they have a much bigger forgiving fan base. Amd just can't as they need to gain momentum.

The best thing AMD can do now is like you said and get a Nitro or the likes reviewed this week.

Back
Top Bottom