• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Soldato
Every time I try to change my power target at all, it reverts to 0 as soon as I hit apply.

Anyone got a fix for this or able to tell me why, please?

Temperature options needs to be set to manual. Change temperature to manual, hit accept.

Now you can change power limit without it resetting to zero.

Associate
Ive noticed that since Ive installed my 480, the motherboard splash screen is all messed up, entire blue screen with like pink and green artifacting in places. System still boots without an issue and things are running smoothly, so I've no clue what thats about!

I get the same thing can't get any answers on it gonna play in bios a little see if any changes make a difference

Associate
Everything running top notch on mine, had 1 crash when exiting TF2 and only had fans ramp up on a uningene benchmark and even then my stock cooler is more annoying ha

EDIT: and as I click send the fans ramp up to 3000 rpm for no apparent reason, gpus nice and cool tho 20 odd degrees celsius need a heater in my room at this rate
2cosg1h.png

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not overclocking yet, but I wondered what Power Limit I should set in Wattman? +20?

Also, I get no temparature info in the Unigine benchmarks and can't see the setting, any ideas?

OcUK Staff
OP
I got 3 questions..

1. When is the next batch of Sapphire Nitro+ OC 480's coming?

2. Will one of these run Arma 3 maxed out Ultra with 2xMSAA alongside my 6700K etc in my sig?

3. Or should i just wait for Vega as the rumours are saying maybe October?

More arrive next week. :)

Associate
Received mine. Quick heaven benchmark run and disappointed that it has coil whine. Aside from that it all seems to work

What happened to the diamond chokes feature that says it will reduce / eliminate coil whine lol

Last edited:
Associate
Received mine. Quick heaven benchmark run and disappointed that it has coil whine. Aside from that it all seems to work

What happened to the diamond chokes feature that says it will reduce / eliminate coil whine lol

It really does seem to be a lottery on this as mine doesn't whine at all.

Soldato
Guys with some pretty good deals coming up on 980ti cards (£320) and 970 cards (under £200) I don't know whether these would be worth it for me? I don't play the latest titles and am only on 1080p. But I will be keeping the card for 5 years. Is it a bad choice to go for a 980ti at £320 at this point? It's still more than I wanted to pay but it's a 980ti!!

Caporegime
A 980 TI walks all over a 480. I'd definitely shell out the extra.

At the moment yes, but at this stage i wouldn't buy any Maxwell card, they don't have any real DX12 or Vulkan support, i wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year the 980TI isn't anywhere near as competitive as it is now.

Look at the 780TI vs the 290X, compare them to then and now, they have literally flipped performance positioning.

Nvidia just don't do longevity. i'm getting pretty itchy to get rid of my Maxwell card.

Caporegime
At the moment yes, but at this stage i wouldn't buy any Maxwell card, they don't have any real DX12 or Vulkan support, i wouldn't be surprised if by this time next year the 980TI isn't anywhere near as competitive as it is now.

Look at the 780TI vs the 290X, compare them to then and now, they have literally flipped performance positioning.

Nvidia just don't do longevity. i'm getting pretty itchy to get rid of my Maxwell card.

I can't imagine a 480 being anywhere near a 980ti ever, no matter how bad the ti is at DX12. They are just in a totally different performance league.

And I've just bought a 480, so no dog in this race.

Back
Top Bottom