• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

SCUM The Game - Survival

Soldato
i did its his whole format. hes the english angry joe. take popular game slate it. you get the people who want to know about the game but havent seen it plus the people who like whatever game hes reviewing it saying its a great game. add in the two groups and that means mega views for him. the worst thing about mac is he often returns to the game later on does a different review of it.
Are you ignoring all the footage it showed? You can watch the video muted and it captures examples of the lag, bugs and mess of the game in its current state. Or are those bits staged to boost his view count too?

His footage just replicates what I've seen countless times on live streams where people are still loving the game, but choosing/managing to ignore the ridiculous mess that the game currently is.

So it's great for you, even though it's a buggy, laggy mess? Or does that add to the charm of it?

Caporegime
the point is when he filmed the footage lol.then it was patched.performance is a lot better now.so basically early footage to get it out before patched to make it better makes it look worse. then take his format of what he does with game reviews which as said is say every game literally is bad. its the english angry joe. it works for him i get it.thing is videos like this send false info can kill smaller games.not good really.

Soldato
the point is when he filmed the footage lol.then it was patched.performance is a lot better now.so basically early footage to get it out before patched to make it better makes it look worse. then take his format of what he does with game reviews which as said is say every game literally is bad. its the english angry joe. it works for him i get it.thing is videos like this send false info can kill smaller games.not good really.

His video is about the content five days after launch, so...yesterday. Are you saying all that mess shown has been fixed from yesterday (Sunday) to today (Monday)?

Evidence: https://youtu.be/4mUWjHAxbsQ?t=51 or 0:51 seconds in to the video

Soldato
You can watch the video muted and it captures examples of the lag, bugs and mess of the game in its current state.
fuuny that's what I've got and heard from a lot of the streams I've watched. most saying it's pretty fun to begin with but loaded with bugs/lag etc (which is to be expected) and gets boring very quickly and that the devs need to get content in quickly or there's a risk of it dying before it's found it's feet properly.

It’s a game with potential, I think that’s about it right now. Lot of problems at the moment:

1) There’s very little to do once you’ve learnt the basic crafting system.

2) There’s hardly any zombies.

3) PvP is pointless as it’s too laggy in close quarters.

4) There’s a limited selection of guns, which can’t all be modded.

That doesn’t make it a bad game, I’ve enjoyed it. However there’s no way it will survive a year (until 1.0) unless they seriously push content updates. It’s fine for an Alpha game to be laggy etc but when there’s no content that’s very poor, regardless of a developers size or status. Public testing is to improve performance, not to see if a game has longevity with limited content.

I want it to be successful, as it’s reasonably priced and a fun concept (plus a genre I’ve hardly dabbled in). Right now I’ve got my doubts though. I’ve played 31 hours so far and I’ve run out of engaging things to do. Adding in zombie hordes would be an instant quick fix, if they sort the lag out.

However you can poo on Essex, so it’s worth playing.
decent sensible review and as per my other reply here pretty much confirms what I've seen from the streams I've watched. especially point 3.....any of the decent gun fights I've seen have been awful to witness. I can only imagine how frustrating and painful they actually are when playing.

shame but I think i'll hold off a tad longer. I am not having another never to be finished mess of a game sat in my steam inventory. though the idea of pooping and peeing on Essex is rather tempting.

Soldato

So you haven't watched the video then? Because if you had you'd know that he quite clearly states that he waited five days after it was released into the wild and played after the latest patch. Or are you just ignoring that particular fact because it urinates from a great height all over your argument?

At this moment in time the game in it's current state is a complete mess and nigh on unplayable.

Associate
from my 2 hours its not as bad as made out. granted you do get problems but i agree the content isnt there, especially running solo online.

thats my 2p... or 15 quid back in my pocket :D

Soldato
from my 2 hours its not as bad as made out. granted you do get problems but i agree the content isnt there, especially running solo online.

thats my 2p... or 15 quid back in my pocket :D

See I can't bring myself to refund it again LOL so I'm just going to keep it and hope they add vehicles soon I get real tired of running and running to a house to find only a tin of beans or something

Associate
See I can't bring myself to refund it again LOL so I'm just going to keep it and hope they add vehicles soon I get real tired of running and running to a house to find only a tin of beans or something

h1z1 did vehicles right. simple to maintain and fun to drive.

id love scum to get close to that.

Soldato
Yeah as much as I always take mack with a pinch of salt, he's bang on the money with this.

Currently not worth my money, and its just dayz/h1z1 all over again.

Fully prepared to eat my hat if in one year they actually manage to get it to a workable state

Soldato
Fully prepared to eat my hat if in one year they actually manage to get it to a workable state
Same, but I have a feeling that I won’t need to. Which by the way it would be an awful shame as I see so much potential here.
Not wanting to write it off just yet but where is the motivation for the devs? It’s a relatively niche game market due to the hardcore crafting etc so it was never going to sell millions of copies. They’ve already shifted a decent number of copies for a niche game - there comes a saturation point. My worry is they’ll roll out these patches for a couple more months but when the uptake of the game starts to slow they’ll do the ‘easy’ thing and jump ship.
Now I genuinely hope I’m wrong but history and evidence, without tarring all games like this with the same brush, points to all of the above coming true (timeline for it may vary)
As I said though, I genuinely hope I’m wrong.

Soldato
tiresome thats all i will say.

It is. You'd think developers would try and do something different for once. I get that this is more in-depth health management wise but other than that its the same damn game all over again.

After 3-5 failed attempts depending on what games you count its beyond a joke what devs keep releasing as early access, and what people keep buying hoping for the next big thing.

Caporegime
they have with this . some tard does a video on it same people respond. games decent. wont be given a chance by some. most of them havent even played it. its like a big finger pointing when have no clue just basing it off a different game which burnt us all and a guy who does the same stupid reviews for everygame. mindless i dont even know why im typing a response.as i know the next few pages responses before they happen.its that boring.if only that negitive behaviour could be used in a decent way we may get somewhere.

Caporegime
melee combats buggy but gunfights are fine, watch almost any streamer playing the game and having no problem killers players using guns, no people warping around.
half the guy warping in macks video is because the guy is entering and leaving line of sight all the time and there's no smooth transition animation/effect so the players constantly appearing and disappearing which you wouldn't see if he was in first person view.

with zombies melee is just as bad even on single player though something is wrong with the hit boxes, the closer something is the harder it is to hit

mack obviously wants to make the game look worse than it is.
How come when he's just chilling with the other players they are moving around almost perfectly fine but when hes showing how bad the combat is the guys warping around all over the place? It was probably the laggiest fight he had, wouldn't surprise me if some of it was from a server on a different continent.

Clearly found a part of the map that bugs the bears pathing and pretends it's normal behaviour for them...

then you see other people in gun fights seemingly just as fine as most pvp games

Ignore the pooping, why aren't all the bullets missing? whys everyone not lagging around like crazy which mack claims is normal?

is the game was as mack says there wouldn't have been a peak today of 65k users playing it on steam. almost everyone would have stopped playing after a few days.

Macks an idiot he already did a worth a buy video for cyberpunk based off a marketing trailer :rolleyes: you can't explain that

Last edited:
Caporegime
more content will come you need to make the core system first then build from there. i dont get whats hard to work out ? it ea game. the roadmap has been set. its one year.whats hard to understand ?

why would you expect more than what was told to you on release ? they told you exactly what was in release.what is to come. some of the devs studios must really pull their hair out. you tell everyone what you doing. you do it as you say. tell them whats next.then you get silly comments about why this or that isnt in your game yet or done.

Soldato
more content will come you need to make the core system first then build from there. i dont get whats hard to work out ? it ea game. the roadmap has been set. its one year.whats hard to understand ?

why would you expect more than what was told to you on release ? they told you exactly what was in release.what is to come. some of the devs studios must really pull their hair out. you tell everyone what you doing. you do it as you say. tell them whats next.then you get silly comments about why this or that isnt in your game yet or done.

Are you on the dev team you seem a bit blinkered about the whole thing and incredibly defensive about what is a pretty empty game when it comes to the crunch

No need to be so invested in it the Devs don't know you exist

Back
Top Bottom