• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintainance and upgrades.

SCUM The Game - Survival

Caporegime
i dont get why so many people have to try and belittle when all it is i see a future for the game and the vision of what they trying to achieve. i dont care about if the devs know me or not. i just want a decent game and for people to atleast give it a chance. pc gamers are the most toxic ***** on the planet. we moan about we want new games and then destroy anything when it comes along.for the most minor of things.

im not blinkered. i read what they have put. i have followed the game closely. they have done everything they have said from the off.which not many do. rather than give the game a chance many are already with their pitchforks most not even played it on here. becomes tiresome responding.

it is pretty empty cause its just launched in ea. how is that not understood ? you expect more than what there is . how hard is that to comprehend ? the release notes stated what was at launch whats to come. how is that hard that to understand ? baffles me :confused:

its basically people who havent either a played the game ripping it. b not looked into it or read about what is in the early access builds. otherwise you would know what is in the game.

Soldato
The six months wasted on the stupid metabolism system and nutrition system could have been spent on actual content it really is a load of ****

In its current state its crap but I can see a future for it, the Devs obviously realised how little the game really offers and hence the price point

I've no doubt it will become a great game but on the other hand there's nothing to stop the Devs cash grab and run after a few months so we will see....

Soldato
more content will come
how do you know? are you trusting purely on what they are saying or have any of the team a proven background in delivery (genuine question as i haven't researched the team behind the game)

this is my main concern content or lack thereof (as i've stated above though worded differently) obviously only time will tell. but you have to understand and accept that not all people are sheep and blindly believe and accept what a dev team says. expecially when they have, as you, say been burnt before.

i disagree slightly with you on the 'build from there' sentiment - of course they need to work on the core and optimisations etc, but if you are releasing a game into ea there needs to be enough content to create a 'hook' to hold the player base that the initial hype generates. without that any game is doomed - people will buy initially then drift away when they get bored, and that's something that has been repeated by numerous streamers - what i'm hearing and seeing is that yea there's the initial excitement but once you hit about 20(ish) hours that's it over - you can even see that from a few of the folk in this very thread......

and that's another worry i have. if there's nothing to hold peoples attention beyond a handful of hours folk will drift away, give bad reviews etc causing a slowing of the uptake by new players. soon as that starts to happen, history has proven that devs then 'start stopping' the game dies and they move on to something else.

pc gamers are the most toxic ***** on the planet. we moan about we want new games and then destroy anything when it comes along
so the gamers are toxic for being wary? you are aware that for every game that does what it intially claims there iterally 100's if not 1000's that don't - so you can maybe understand gamers being wary. being wary and distrusting is not being toxic.
i don't think anyone in here is trying to destroy the game. everyone that i have seen posting, myself included, seems to genuinely hope that the games becomes what it is claiming it can be.

Soldato
Blinkers are out :D

The devs could run far far away and this could stay in EA forever or it could become great. Either way if they ran now most people would write off the price tag and move on.

It's probably made them all quite rich. Clever

Caporegime
different people work on different things. the price point was made to get big number of players playing.build a playerbase. dont get why you cant see that. its not cause there isnt much content its to get people in playing. like pubg did.price a game right even people who arent that interested will give it a try. the only problem with that and you seeing it now as a prime eg is they dont do research see the game is popular jump in with no knowledge of the game. then rant away.

true any studio could do a cash grab and run. the thing is some are going to do what they say. finish a game and be great. you have to be positive sometimes otherwise why even buy early access games when your negitive about the procedure ?

my blinkers arent on yours is. you even just stated you havent looked into the people making it.whos wearing the blinkers ?

Soldato
There's early access then there is taking the **** which actually most EA do nowadays

This game has literally NOTHING but a plain map some houses one base and some mech things

You run and run and run to find rubbish loot, encounter zero players and generally have a very boring time. There is a lot and lot of work to do let's hope the Devs stick to their promises but really they don't have to. Money has been made now.

This is clear as crystal facts.

Soldato
Most of the Devs stream started with them kitted up in a group with no lag or crashing. Spawned closer to points of interest and not having to run an hour across the map to fetch stuff or each other

So yes some do feel a different picture was painted.

At the moment the game is crap ill keep playing because I'm baffled at how crap it is and there's got to be some redeeming factor

That or I just have to feel it isn't 15 quid wasted

Soldato
we have been here before with Dg, bless him :p

A new illness has now been discovered by NHS doctors

It's called Early Access Delusion

Symptoms :

Patients suffer with repeating words such as "more content will come" "what don't you get"

Patients often complain of a feeling like they actually created the game

Soldato
the price point was made to get big number of players playing.build a playerbase.
100% agree.
however they need content to hold that player base the hype created. simply having a roadmap on a website promising the earth doesn't cut it anymore. you want your game to succeed long term you need a decent amount of content from the off, even if it is an ea game.
you even just stated you havent looked into the people making it.
think you're mixing Tom up with me.

Caporegime
There's early access then there is taking the **** which actually most EA do nowadays

This game has literally NOTHING but a plain map some houses one base and some mech things

You run and run and run to find rubbish loot, encounter zero players and generally have a very boring time. There is a lot and lot of work to do let's hope the Devs stick to their promises but really they don't have to. Money has been made now.

This is clear as crystal facts.
you can narrow almost in game down to basics.

counter strike only has a few maps, a few guns, a few skins and nothing else to it.
any racing game is just driving around the same road with nothing to it.

it's a survival game you're supposed to survive and have the occasional encounters with players which is what makes the game fun like pretty much every other online game.

yea it's too slow paced for a lot of people who need instant action but it's not supposed to be that type of game.

making the net code better isn't an impossible task, add some vehicles and the ability to fortify existing buildings and everyone is pretty much set to have a fun time.

expand on the amount of animals and crafting in the game, add the safe zones with quests which will no doubt lead to more player encounters.

for the game genre it is there is not a lot to them.

as said you can boil almost any game thats not SP story driven down to it's basics and see how repetitive they are, it doesn't stop them being fun for the people who like those types of games.

Soldato
I'm going to create the next big EA game called

MUCS

It's going to be nothing but an empty map with one base and the main objective is surviving waves of EA fan boys that come out at night

There will be no vehicles or loot you'll rely on terrible net code to survive

11.99 price point

Caporegime
A new illness has now been discovered by NHS doctors

It's called Early Access Delusion

Symptoms :

Patients suffer with repeating words such as "more content will come" "what don't you get"

Patients often complain of a feeling like they actually created the game

your the one who admitted you didnt even look into what you were buying. its water off a ducks back to me. these guys been baiting me here since 2002 lol.

Soldato

let me give you a bit of advice from someone who has been there and done that, 'sneaky' attempts at insults only weaken your own arguments, irrespective of how funny you think they may be.
these guys been baiting me here since 2002 lol.
apart from 1 post, there's no one baiting you from what i can see. if i have missed some others just ignore them and debate on. don't fall down the rabbit hole of believing your being baited or hide behind that 'defence' if your own argument has run its course.

Soldato
your the one who admitted you didnt even look into what you were buying. its water off a ducks back to me. these guys been baiting me here since 2002 lol.
let me give you a bit of advice from someone who has been there and done that, 'sneaky' attempts at insults only weaken your own arguments, irrespective of how funny you think they may be.

apart from 1 post, there's no one baiting you from what i can see. if i have missed some others just ignore them and debate on. don't fall down the rabbit hole of believing your being baited or hide behind that 'defence' if your own argument has run its course.

There is no argument it's an opinion the game is crap at the moment.

Macks review sums it up hilariously

Associate
Some proper hate going on in here. Some statements are wrong. One base? No content? Pretty sure I found a rubber band, car battery, can opener, needles egg. All on top of all the guns. Yes random loot but will have a purpose and i have walked past a number of bases with high loot content.

I support early access games because they sometimes offer a unique gaming experience with great potential.

Soldato
Some proper hate going on in here. Some statements are wrong. One base? No content? Pretty sure I found a rubber band, car battery, can opener, needles egg. All on top of all the guns. Yes random loot but will have a purpose and i have walked past a number of bases with high loot content.

I support early access games because they sometimes offer a unique gaming experience with great potential.

Hate is a strong word its laughably crap but I don't hate it.

Can't wait for my day off tomorrow to spend more time to see if I can actually hook myself into it.

Soldato
There is no argument it's an opinion the game is crap at the moment.
it is an argument as in a debating argument. you're stating one viewpoint (opinion) and someone else is stating theirs. when you resort to silly barbed jibes, no matter how funny, you only make yourself look foolish and weak (from a debating point of view) as it implies that your view cannot stand up on it's own merit.

anyways. i'll likely see all you losers:p at the weekend as i'm going to pick it up on friday after our pubg team wipes the floor in the OcUK event.

Soldato
it is an argument as in a debating argument. you're stating one viewpoint (opinion) and someone else is stating theirs. when you resort to silly barbed jibes, no matter how funny, you only make yourself look foolish and weak (from a debating point of view) as it implies that your view cannot stand up on it's own merit.

anyways. i'll likely see all you losers:p at the weekend as i'm going to pick it up on friday after our pubg team wipes the floor in the OcUK event.

Bantz m8

Back
Top Bottom