SCUM The Game - Survival

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its one of those games i really want to like, it looks great and takes a more hardcore approach to survival. I am a little miffed as to why they released it with no real content or storyline.

Money.... in the disguise of and not withstanding.....

Gameplay Feedback
Stability
Stress Testing

Its the same every single time, I hope it fails tbh, its about time DEVs got back to releasing complete games instead of "maybeware"

Soldato
SPG do you own it ? or you just another one of the 5 or 6 in here who constantly post about how bad it is yet dont own it .

Not spotted anyone yet who doesnt own it and is moaning about it, quite a lot who do own it and dont like it though.

I havent bought into it yet purely because theres a hell of a lot of people buying and not enjoying, still on my maybe later list

Soldato
Had another crack at this today. It's like a more visually polished DayZ with a more detailed food, health and crafting system, but still a long way to go yet.

It's hard to treat it as a survival game when:

1. Shot and killed a boar and it vanished into the ground immediately
2. Was holding a hunting rifle, went into a death match event and the rifle was gone from my hands (not on the floor either) upon my return
3. Got shot and killed through a concrete wall in a prison by a mech. Twice.
4. To make tinder you have to use a knife and a...kitchen chopping board! No, those bushes you've chopped down can't be used, it has to be a wooden chopping board you'd buy from a supermarket.
5. The PvP lag is impossible to deal with still.

Caporegime
you can make tinder out of wood. you doing it wrong. this is the problem with in depth games. those that dont know what they doing. then say this that wrong when the truth is they doing it wrong. learn the game.

boycey seen quite a few who post here reg and dont even own it or spent a decent amount of time in the game.its not for everyone.

Associate
4. To make tinder you have to use a knife and a...kitchen chopping board! No, those bushes you've chopped down can't be used, it has to be a wooden chopping board you'd buy from a supermarket.

giphy.gif

Soldato
you can make tinder out of wood. you doing it wrong. this is the problem with in depth games. those that dont know what they doing. then say this that wrong when the truth is they doing it wrong. learn the game.

boycey seen quite a few who post here reg and dont even own it or spent a decent amount of time in the game.its not for everyone.
So why does it say that in the crafting menu then DG?

And you've both conveniently ignored issues 1, 2, 3 and 5 presumably because you also realise it's a very broken game.

Caporegime
if you look you will see like a bowl.you craft tinder by simply clicking on it.the system is pretty straight forward when you learn it. i didnt reply to the others.as many arent putting in any effort to actually learn the game.so i put in the same amount of effort in the reply.

Caporegime
Did that, given it's what you can do for crafting other things, but no dice. I'm assuming I should be able to choose another item then for making tinder.
stick to simple games...
OzmVQDE.jpg

Yes he clicked the tiny little arrows to cycle through the various options each recipe has and all all he saw was a chopping board... :rolleyes:

thats a small stick and stone knife

you don't even need tinder amazingly either! you can use a rag or many other things instead! it's amazing

Associate
And you've both conveniently ignored issues 1, 2, 3 and 5 presumably because you also realise it's a very broken game.

The game is very much a work in progress! Most of the issues are the result of different variables like network performance etc. I can't say I've witnessed everything you've outlined, but they will surely be addressed by the developers. If you bought an early access game with the expectation of a polished experience, then you have no one to blame but yourself!

Caporegime
1. Shot and killed a boar and it vanished into the ground immediately
2. Was holding a hunting rifle, went into a death match event and the rifle was gone from my hands (not on the floor either) upon my return
3. Got shot and killed through a concrete wall in a prison by a mech. Twice.
5. The PvP lag is impossible to deal with still.

1, never seen it happen must be rare, usually I spear wild life and chase after it's blood trails using the awareness to find the trails, right mouse buton and only one time I couldn't find the animals corpse
There was some mention in I think the last patch notes saying wildlife shouldn't despawn anymore after player interaction so obviously it was a bug the devs are/were aware of.

2. it's the same thing if you use a ladder, eat or whatever your guy has no where to store the extra rifle so just drops it on the ground, I guess that's what happened.

3, no idea there was a thing where they were shooting through the tiny slit between doors that was supposed to be fixed recently, bullets can go through walls like in real life but the mechs shouldn't be able to see you inside, look the patch notes they are fixing the mech bugs like that.

They are tweaking the mechs a lot based on player feed back, each time they do it seems an unexpected bug happens with the mechs being able to see players where they shouldn't and vice versa.

4. already showed that you are wrong, virtually everything crafting recipes has alternatives it will just use what you have, no idea what it gives priority to but you can click the tiny arrow on the ingredient and cycle through them all to see what else you can use.
5. server dependant really, but for now the developers said you should try to stick to servers with under 40 people for a good playing experience until they improve the netcode some more.

doesn't help though that the "london" and "manchester" servers are actually in germany

I wouldn't say server lag is impossible to deal with, desync in melee combat can be atrocious though, but most combat is at a bit of range with guns and everything seems to go pretty smoothly.

seems something goes wrong when 2 people are right next to each other and fighting

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes he clicked the tiny little arrows to cycle through the various options each recipe has and all all he saw was a chopping board... :rolleyes:
If you'd read what I'd posted, there was no cycling going on. The arrows did nout for that. I'm beginning to suspect you and DG are the same individual, as you both fail to actually read what people post and instead cherry pick the parts that suit your narrative that the game is not to blame, and only the stupid players (stupid enough to keep playing it maybe ;)) are at fault.

That being said, thank you for this breakdown of the other issues I raised:

1, never seen it happen must be rare, usually I spear wild life and chase after it's blood trails using the awareness to find the trails, right mouse buton and only one time I couldn't find the animals corpse
There was some mention in I think the last patch notes saying wildlife shouldn't despawn anymore after player interaction so obviously it was a bug the devs are/were aware of.

2. it's the same thing if you use a ladder, eat or whatever your guy has no where to store the extra rifle so just drops it on the ground, I guess that's what happened.

3, no idea there was a thing where they were shooting through the tiny slit between doors that was supposed to be fixed recently, bullets can go through walls like in real life but the mechs shouldn't be able to see you inside, look the patch notes they are fixing the mech bugs like that.

They are tweaking the mechs a lot based on player feed back, each time they do it seems an unexpected bug happens with the mechs being able to see players where they shouldn't and vice versa.

4. already showed that you are wrong, virtually everything crafting recipes has alternatives it will just use what you have, no idea what it gives priority to but you can click the tiny arrow on the ingredient and cycle through them all to see what else you can use.
5. server dependant really, but for now the developers said you should try to stick to servers with under 40 people for a good playing experience until they improve the netcode some more.

doesn't help though that the "london" and "manchester" servers are actually in germany

I wouldn't say server lag is impossible to deal with, desync in melee combat can be atrocious though, but most combat is at a bit of range with guns and everything seems to go pretty smoothly.

seems something goes wrong when 2 people are right next to each other and fighting

Soldato
I love them. I have rust, dayz, this, stranded deep, 7 days to die to name a few, I'm addicted to them. It's the pure feeling of needing to survive. Or become a fatty in SCUM :D

Caporegime
hugh it gets tiresome replying to people over and over. so just not worth the hassle. you could have done for eg what you wanted in a couple of seconds but spent more time posting on here than simplying looking how to do it in game. this is a pretty deep game you need to learn it.

the games decent just not much content in it at the moment.it is early access the road map was posted when it was released.so anyone with any sense would have read this.seen whats in the game or looked how to play it.all available details are there just people just dont bother.they would rather spend 5 minutes ranting about it then 5 minutes reading about how to do what they want.then claim games broke.

Back
Top Bottom