SE W810i.... impressions...

Associate
hey, i've just got my w810i today, and i love it!!!

just a quick question, is there any chance that de-branding could bugger up the phone. and secondly, if I de-brand, is there anyway that i could possibly re-brand if i needed/wanted to?

cheers in advance

Associate
Got mine a few days ago as well.

My first SE, excellent phone I must say, no bugs at all and I havnt even de-branded it. D/l a couple of games and themes of the net (from p2p) and almost all of them work pretty well. Very good audio too, as expected :p

Caporegime
del_piero said:
hey, i've just got my w810i today, and i love it!!!

just a quick question, is there any chance that de-branding could bugger up the phone. and secondly, if I de-brand, is there anyway that i could possibly re-brand if i needed/wanted to?

cheers in advance

Well unless your a complete muppet and dont know what your doing then yes i suppose de-branding can bugger the phone up. But if thats the case then your better off taking it to a mobile phone shop and see if they can do it for u...most will although may charge £20 for doing it.
I did mine by myself from the Da Vinci site, costs about £8 and is pretty simple to use tbh. Not a very hard process tbh.

As for re-branding it??, no i dont think you can...unless you send it back to the network u got it from but then i would imagine they would kick up a fuss about it.

Like i said before de-branding this phone makes it so much better, obviously if you have an o2 branded phone then they usually dont butcher the phones like Vodaphone, Orange and t-mobile do. From what i been reading from other sites, people who have de-branded their phones are a lot more happier than they were when it was branded. With my t-mobile one once i de-branded it i found i could do over the air updates ie for the firmware even though mines the most current one. Also found the flash menu's worked which made it look even nicer and also the flashing light problem had gone away.

But as i said it really depends on how courageous you felt about doing it yourself, if you arent then i seriously suggest you take it to a mobile phone shop and get them to do it as they probably know what they are doing.

Caporegime
Brum Man said:
I've had a look at the instructions though, and is it me or do they make not a lot of sense :confused:

I think it would help if they were written in good english too, rather than badly translated english.

I'll try and have another read of it later, see if I can make any sense of it :p

Being really pedantic too, but do you know if it's possible to get the proper walkman plastic bit that's at the bottom of the phone, to replace mine that says Vodafone on it?

Hehe yeh i got the t-mobile thing at the bottom of mine, sadly i dont know if u can get spare bits like that for the phone. I havent really bothered to look and plus its not the most important thing for me tbh.

Yes well the instructions can be kinda confusing, if you have major probs then give me a shout on my msn, its [email protected] :) and ill do my best to help u out as much as i can.

Soldato
Cheers mate, I think I'll have a go later when I get bored!

Definitely going to keep it now so not too worried about it have to be sent back to Vodafone.

Permabanned
Spawn said:
Well unless your a complete muppet and dont know what your doing then yes i suppose de-branding can bugger the phone up. But if thats the case then your better off taking it to a mobile phone shop and see if they can do it for u...most will although may charge £20 for doing it.
I did mine by myself from the Da Vinci site, costs about £8 and is pretty simple to use tbh. Not a very hard process tbh.

As for re-branding it??, no i dont think you can...unless you send it back to the network u got it from but then i would imagine they would kick up a fuss about it.

Like i said before de-branding this phone makes it so much better, obviously if you have an o2 branded phone then they usually dont butcher the phones like Vodaphone, Orange and t-mobile do. From what i been reading from other sites, people who have de-branded their phones are a lot more happier than they were when it was branded. With my t-mobile one once i de-branded it i found i could do over the air updates ie for the firmware even though mines the most current one. Also found the flash menu's worked which made it look even nicer and also the flashing light problem had gone away.

But as i said it really depends on how courageous you felt about doing it yourself, if you arent then i seriously suggest you take it to a mobile phone shop and get them to do it as they probably know what they are doing.

which firmware did you flash? was the 003 or the 012? I flashed to the 012; the latest, and I still have the flashing light problem :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
50/50 said:
which firmware did you flash? was the 003 or the 012? I flashed to the 012; the latest, and I still have the flashing light problem :(

if your talking about the Da Vinci one then the one i used is R4ck0003 file EU2 firmware file mate :).

Try re-flashing it with the 012 file and im sure u will find the flashing light prob disappears...well it did on mine:).

Permabanned
Spawn said:
if your talking about the Da Vinci one then the one i used is R4ck0003 file EU2 firmware file mate :).

Try re-flashing it with the 012 file and im sure u will find the flashing light prob disappears...well it did on mine:).

yeah davinci. I have the 012 file and I still have the flashing problem.. weird

Suspended
is there any way to assign more memory to the message inbox and sent items. I hate cleaning just because I have 100 inbox or 100 sent?

mines on orange and the light doesnt seem to flash with night mode pictures :confused:

Associate
What would be really useful if anyone who has managed to debrand the phone using the da vinci software could post a step-by-step guide; cos I cant seem to get it to work either - arghhhhhhhhhh !

Permabanned
Spawn said:
Hmmm strange then, which network are u with and is it a network branded phone??

t-mobile branded before the flashing. I think t-mobile used the latest 012 firmware too. Only orange use the old 003 firmware.

Caporegime
Ok here you go, a step by step guide to de-branding your W810i

1. Go to DaVinvis website and order a log account (This allows you to download the firmware from their servers). Log account can be ordered from here: http://www.davinciteam.com/index.php?page=buylogs
2. Your login details will be emailed to you.
3. Download the flash client (version 15.94) from here: http://www.davinciteam.com/client-1594.zip
4. Extract the zip into a folder on your desktop. Enter this folder and run Launcer.exe
5. Enter your username and password which was emailed to you in the relevent boxes top left. Click Info and ensure the credits number is at least "1".
6. Top right of the dialog - under port settings. Click the top drop down box and change it so it says DCU60
7. Click the bottom drop down box and change it to "921600".
8. Plug your supplied USB cable into your PC (dont plug phone in yet)
9. Bottom right of dialog, click Read CID/Test Cable
10. Make sure your phone is turned off, hold the "C" button on your phone and plug in the USB cable.
11. If presented with a windows box saying new hardware found, install the hardware. Drivers can be obtained from here: http://www.davinciteam.com/USBFlash.zip
12. Repeat step 9 - 10 if nessacary.
13. Note the CID number shown in the box (mine is CID 49)
14. Click get flash files - choose the correct file. Each section is headed with the firmware CID number. Choose the firmware which has EU2 next to it. Click this firmware on the list.
15. Check both checboxs at bottom of dialoge.
16. Click get file - wait for download
17. Check all 3 boxs on the main dialog on the right (next to Main, FS and CDA - Finalization)
18. If needed click the ... next to FS and Main to select the correct files (Will look like this W810_R4CK003_MAIN_EU-EMEA-US - this is for the main box, W810_R4CK003_FS_EUROPE_2 is for the FS box.
19. Change the CDA to CDA102337/10 - Europe2
20. !!!!UNCHECK!!!! "Increase SMS Inbox Volume" <<< This is very important!!!
21. Click flash - hold "C" on phone and plug in lead.

22. Phone will reflash .... done!

Courtesy of another forum that i use, they made a sticky for the instructions

EDIT: The firmware file i used to de-brand my t-mobile branded W810i is R4ck0003 file EU2 firmware file.
That firmware file also resolve the flashing light problem.

Not a very hard process to do if you follow the instructions :p

Disclaimer: I will not take any responsibilty of this damaging your phone, i used these same instructions myself and it flashed without any probs. If your unsure of doing it yourself then i seriously suggest you dont try it as i wont take any blame for you messing up your phone.

Caporegime
50/50 said:
t-mobile branded before the flashing. I think t-mobile used the latest 012 firmware too. Only orange use the old 003 firmware.

Hmmm strange:confused: Although reading on some forums i have heard that some handsets even after flashing still have the flashing light problem..guess i just got lucky with mine.

Suspended
im on orange and mine doesnt flash :confused:

why is this step so important? its one of the things that would be very usefull

Soldato
Mmm, when I plug my phone in for the first time I get something along the lines of Flash loader not accepted! Try to recover phone before flashing :/

OK, found the prob with that, was using 15.95 instead of 15.94 so that's sorted.

But it isn't downloading the file when I click get file.

Last edited:
Permabanned
geeza said:
im on orange and mine doesnt flash :confused:

why is this step so important? its one of the things that would be very usefull

are you sure you are using the right client (new one doesnt work)
and you MUST uncheck the sms thing, because if you dont you will lose the ability to store sms altogather!

Caporegime
Brum Man said:
Mmm, when I plug my phone in for the first time I get something along the lines of Flash loader not accepted! Try to recover phone before flashing :/

OK, found the prob with that, was using 15.95 instead of 15.94 os that's sorted.

But it isn't downloading the file when I click get file.

I had the same prob, i sorted it by plugging my lappy straight into the router then the file was downloaded.

I cant be of much help other than the instructions i have given, best place to go to is the Da vinci forums where you can get help:).

EDIT: Make sure you download the usb flash drivers as without that i dont think it will work.

Suspended
50/50 said:
are you sure you are using the right client (new one doesnt work)
and you MUST uncheck the sms thing, because if you dont you will lose the ability to store sms altogather!

dunno, i just know my light works at night when its on and it doesnt flash. (so far) probably not a good idea to try and increase the size then!

is there a way to assign the inbox/sent more memory?

Back
Top Bottom