SE W810i.... impressions...

Soldato
What's the best way of getting ringtones etc on this baby? Expecting mine tomorrow, first decent phone since ... forever? So i'm slightly out of date on mobile stuff... Do i hook it up to the pc? Can i get free stuff through wap? :confused:

Edit : Anyone know if the Sony Ericsson USB Cable DCU-60 & Software Suit from here http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/datacables/ericsson.htm will connect to the W810i port?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Windle said:
What's the best way of getting ringtones etc on this baby? Expecting mine tomorrow, first decent phone since ... forever? So i'm slightly out of date on mobile stuff... Do i hook it up to the pc? Can i get free stuff through wap? :confused:

Edit : Anyone know if the Sony Ericsson USB Cable DCU-60 & Software Suit from here http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/datacables/ericsson.htm will connect to the W810i port?

Yes that cable will perfectly fine, otherwise why put it in the box with the phone lol:p

As for free stuff..check here

http://www.mobile9.com/

http://www.iphone-forum.org/

2nd link your gonna have to register but in the forum bit you can find various ringtones and other free stuff to d/l :)

Soldato
conuk said:
anybody else got a problem with the joystick/control pad on there 810???

starting to really creek a lot now - cool phone tho...

When I first got mine it didn't creak, then it started to creak, and now with a little bit of use it's stopped.

Just give it a week or so and hopefully it should stop.

I'm really liking mine now! Just want to get the blooming thing flashed, which I would be able to if the Davinci program would download the files, which it won't :(

Soldato
Woo finally sorted out getting games on it, now i'm all ringtones, message toned, themed and gamed up. This mobile rocks :)

Worms golf for the win!

Caporegime
Mines started to creak a bit but its not the end of the world, i still think this phone is the bee's knees :p. Havent found anything to complain about tbh and would definitely recommend this phone to anyone who needs a simple but feature packed phone.

Permabanned
Spawn said:
Mines started to creak a bit but its not the end of the world, i still think this phone is the bee's knees :p. Havent found anything to complain about tbh and would definitely recommend this phone to anyone who needs a simple but feature packed phone.

The up button on my phone has started to lose its feel. Not very impressive tbh!

Associate
OP
to be honest its quite annoying... ive got my old k750i here next to me... typing the same message is sooo much better on the k750 - the keys feel better and the joystick is so much better than the pad on the 810 ... i guess we know they changed the joystick for a good reason ... still if it gets any worse Ill send it back ... takes me longer to text on it because of the `middle` select button.

Screen `seems` so much brighter as well.... great phone as was the 750 and 800.

Associate
Windle said:
Woo finally sorted out getting games on it, now i'm all ringtones, message toned, themed and gamed up. This mobile rocks :)

Worms golf for the win!

Where did you get games from for it?

I did try 02 but it doesn't list the phone as being compat! Only game i've found so far that says it'd work is Sonic.

Associate
Got mine 2 day ago, very impressed. The MP3 player has superb quality. Just about drowns out the tube,could do with going abit louder.

Really like the themes, current fav is Orbit, but the menu on Equalizer is cool.

There are 41 games currently avaliable at www.gamemobile.co.uk

i got Galaxian which is good fun

Soldato
Just thought I'd update on the fact that I've just flashed mine this afternnoon, how much better does it look with no Voda crud on there :eek:

Cheers for that guide Spawn.

Does seem a little faster, nothing to write home about but it's got rid of the egg timer!!

Associate
I have read lots of guides/tutorials on debranding w810i's, but they all seem to differ slightly. I really want to debrand my phone, but want to make sure that I am using exactly the right settings.

For example... I have read 3 different guides (Spawn's included) and whilst they all suggest using the 15.94 client, they also all suggest using different firmwares as follows:

1) W810 R4CK003 EU2 and CDA102337/10
2) W810 R4CK003 EU1 and CDA102337/1
3) W810 R4CK003 EU2 and CDA102494/19

My phone is a UK Orange branded phone and I just want someone to tell me either what the different versions above do or which one I should definitely be using :confused:

Back
Top Bottom