SE W810i.... impressions...

Associate
Right guys - just 'debranded' my phone and it has been uber successful :D
I was very unsure before I did it, so did a lot of research as to what files to use and I think I got it spot on...

It has removed all the Orange crap from my phone and has fixed the flashing camera light fault. I can't believe how much better the menus look now and the phone does actually seem a lot faster.
I recommend that anyone who has a w810i debrands their phone immediately!

For info the files I used were:

W810_R4CK003_MAIN_EU-EMEA-US.DVT
and
W810_R4CK003_FS_EUROPE_2.DVT

The CDA I used was CDA102337/10

I'll happily post full instructions if anyone wants them :)

Last edited:
Associate
Debranding your phone will wipe anything stored on the phones memory, so be sure to back up anything important first.
It will not affect anything on your sim card or memory stick...
Do not attempt to reflash without first charging your battery fully!

1) Order log account from davinciteam website, download 15.94 client and unzip to suitable location on your C drive - I suggest C:\Temp
2) Run Launcher and input login details (ones e-mailed to you from Davinci Team) where it says Account Details - click Info and ensure that Credits = 1
3) Check connectivity by clicking Server Status - you should get something like:

Client Version 15.94
Checking server status...
June 5, 2006, 9:56 pm Semc phones(K700,Z1010): 76 out of 200
Other(T610,T630,Z600): 6 out of 400
Page update period: 10 minutes
Execution Time - 00:00:00
Done!

4) Change port settings to DCU60 and 921600 (with boxes next to each ticked)
5) Tick 'Enable PlayNow button in phone menu' (if you want this feature) and also 'Fast CDA Change' - DO NOT tick 'Increase SMS Inbox Volume' as this will knacker your phone
5) Power off phone and click Read CID/Test Cable. It will prompt you to hold the 'c' button on the phone and plug in the USB cable - you should get:

Phone attached!
Detected SonyEricsson: K750/D750/W800/W550/Z520/Z530.
CsLoader Accepted Ok!
Status Ok, OTP Close, CID49, PAF1
IMEI: ******-**-****** (stars represent your IMEI number)
Phone CID 49, Color RED
You must use CID49 Flash Files For this phone!
Press button - "Get Files From Web" and download free firmware
Execution Time - 00:00:06
Done!

6) Click 'Get Flash Files' and then 'Update File List' - FTP transfer should begin
7) Scroll down the list of files and highlight W810 R4CK003 EU2 - ensure both tick boxes are ticked and then click 'Get File'. Your PC will now start downloading the relevant firmware - took about 5 mins in total on mine
8) Ensure that the 'Main' and 'FS' text boxes are filled with the firmware you just downloaded e.g. C:\Temp\Se\Flashes\W810_R4CK003_MAIN_EU-EMEA-US.DVT and C:\Temp\Se\Flashes\W810_R4CK003_FS_EUROPE_2.DVT respectively - tick both tick boxes next to each file, but at this point do not tick 'Finalization'
9) Change the CDA box so that it reads 'CDA102337/10 - Europe 2'
10) Now click 'Flash' and follow the script instructions on the left - if all has gone well e.g. no errors and it says 'done!' at the end, you are good to go with the finalization... I recommend removing the battery from the phone everytime you disconnect it from the USB cable, so remove battery before you finally flash the phone for good. Now tick 'Finalization' box and then 'Flash' again - this will envoke the actual process of reflashing the firmware :D

Disclaimer: I will not take any responsibilty for this damaging your phone. I used these same instructions myself and it flashed without any problems. If you're unsure of doing it yourself then I suggest you don't try it...

Edit - flashing as above fixed my LED flashing problem too :D

Last edited:
Soldato
got one of these today after dropping my k750i in liquid and ruining it :(

its on virgin mobile and is unbranded aswell as unlocked, speedy menus imo

its pretty much the same as my beloved k750i (R.I.P)

lnice to see some decent quality earphones with it too. no creaking or anything yet and havent noticed any led problems

overall a big :D from me.

Associate
the most anoying thing i find about the w810i is the lack of display in sleep mode.

anyone know if any of the firmware updates change it so you can have the clock displayed????

Associate
Xpander, ta for the info - but not really what i'm after.

i work in a really noisy environment so can't hear it ring/text etc. so every time i walk past it, i like to glance at it so see if there is a missed event.

on my old k600i you could display the time and it would add an icon if you had missed something, brilliant. now i have to pick it up and push a button (usually with dirty hands)!!!

:(

Suspended
btph said:
Xpander, ta for the info - but not really what i'm after.

i work in a really noisy environment so can't hear it ring/text etc. so every time i walk past it, i like to glance at it so see if there is a missed event.

on my old k600i you could display the time and it would add an icon if you had missed something, brilliant. now i have to pick it up and push a button (usually with dirty hands)!!!

:(

you can turn off the event viewer thing and have it so if someone texts you it comes up with their picture. my time is displayed by pressing the volume up or down button

Soldato
Spawn said:
*snip - how to flash a W810 - snip*

Sorry to bump this thread from months ago!

Does any one know if it is pretty much exactly the same procedure to flash a V630i as it is to do the W810 as I have to do the g/f's at the weekend.

Has anyone done theirs?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom