Sea Of Thieves (coming to Steam as well now!)

Anyone still playing? I'm struggling to find decent randoms to play with, current levels are 35 34 29, I'm around now to play, GT: Uncle Gravy Picture of the Peggle unicorn.

Last edited:
They don't need to be *that* high really, since you don't need a huge amount of players to fully populate one server... I haven't noticed it being particularly sparse or anything

Have actually bought the game now for about £35 from cdkeys... more than worth it I think. I hope they do add some more stuff to the game in time but I'm happy with it as is and my crew and I are having a great time on it... have been getting very good at sinking other ships

I used the xbox live 2 week trial to get a try at this without buying, was OK but met too many idiots to continue with it.

I assume you are referring to other ships that would attack you? It is called Sea of Thieves, not Sea of Friendly folk. The PVP element is such a large part of what makes this game both awesome and very frustrating at times.

I assume you are referring to other ships that would attack you? It is called Sea of Thieves, not Sea of Friendly folk. The PVP element is such a large part of what makes this game both awesome and very frustrating at times.

PVP I'm fine with but after a day of playing I literally didn't have a conversation with anyone else, no "human" interaction at all other than them instantly attacking me- the game may as well have been AI only.

Core element of any PVP game is community and there is none actually in-game from what I've seen, if you enjoy it all power to you mate but it's not for me from what I've seen.

PVP I'm fine with but after a day of playing I literally didn't have a conversation with anyone else, no "human" interaction at all other than them instantly attacking me- the game may as well have been AI only.

Core element of any PVP game is community and there is none actually in-game from what I've seen, if you enjoy it all power to you mate but it's not for me from what I've seen.

I can imagine that being the case in single player... like many games these days it's just not designed for that. If you had yourself a crew on Discord or whatever it'd be a lot better... so not really the game's fault...

Also at the moment it's true that the game is pretty much PVP all the way, but I'm hoping what they are going to do eventually is introduce some more PVE elements which are too difficult or impossible for a single crew to complete alone, which will necessitate forming a sort of nervous alliance with one or more other crews (and all of the possibilities for double crosses and backstabbing that that brings)

The PVP stuff is where it's at though, it's so funny... the other night a mate and I were slooping it up and both on an island when a rival sloop we didn't notice had pulled up right next to our moored ship and started blasting at it... We scrambled aboard and dropped sail, speeding away and repairing the damage and then turned back after the attackers. After a few criss-cross trading of shots I guess they decided to run away so we chased them along for a good 10 minutes or so. Eventually my shipmate was able to cannon himself ahead of them, get aboard and drop their anchor... then as he kept them busy on deck I rolled up next to them and obliterated their ship... They had tons of stuff on board and were mega-salty about it all in chat - one of them was yelling "You're just a couple of viiiiirgins!!!" as their ship sank - was hilarious :p

I can imagine that being the case in single player... like many games these days it's just not designed for that. If you had yourself a crew on Discord or whatever it'd be a lot better... so not really the game's fault...

Also at the moment it's true that the game is pretty much PVP all the way, but I'm hoping what they are going to do eventually is introduce some more PVE elements which are too difficult or impossible for a single crew to complete alone, which will necessitate forming a sort of nervous alliance with one or more other crews (and all of the possibilities for double crosses and backstabbing that that brings)

The PVP stuff is where it's at though, it's so funny... the other night a mate and I were slooping it up and both on an island when a rival sloop we didn't notice had pulled up right next to our moored ship and started blasting at it... We scrambled aboard and dropped sail, speeding away and repairing the damage and then turned back after the attackers. After a few criss-cross trading of shots I guess they decided to run away so we chased them along for a good 10 minutes or so. Eventually my shipmate was able to cannon himself ahead of them, get aboard and drop their anchor... then as he kept them busy on deck I rolled up next to them and obliterated their ship... They had tons of stuff on board and were mega-salty about it all in chat - one of them was yelling "You're just a couple of viiiiirgins!!!" as their ship sank - was hilarious :p

Lol. Never attack someone unless you are pretty sure you can take them down. You've gotta be prepared to lose all your loot if you attack first. That sloop crew have no right to be salty about you humping them :D

As for the working together with other crews? Haven't Rare already said this is coming in the form of weekly events?

^^ Exactly! Moments like that though are what make this game great... We had another game a while ago where we happened to see a Galleon finish off a Skull fort and set off as we approached on our sloop... we suspected they wouldn't have had time to loot the place so my buddy fired onto the fort and confirmed that the loot room was still locked, meanwhile I was chasing after them... After a while of battling back and forth we seemed pretty evenly matched, powder kegs were set off, people were boarded, anchors were dropped, but both crews were somehow managing to keep going... They started taunting us heavily in chat "You're not good enough ha ha, you're not going to get anything off us!!!"

Which made it all the more brilliant when they got attacked by the Kraken right in front of us...we were outside of the black so just sailed to the edge of it an piled in a few cannonballs to help if finish them off... suffice to say they were mad. Once the black water cleared we grabbed the key, but it was very late at that point and we didn't have time to go get the loot - so we just sailed to the edge of the map and dropped they key overboard :D

^^ Exactly! Moments like that though are what make this game great... We had another game a while ago where we happened to see a Galleon finish off a Skull fort and set off as we approached on our sloop... we suspected they wouldn't have had time to loot the place so my buddy fired onto the fort and confirmed that the loot room was still locked, meanwhile I was chasing after them... After a while of battling back and forth we seemed pretty evenly matched, powder kegs were set off, people were boarded, anchors were dropped, but both crews were somehow managing to keep going... They started taunting us heavily in chat "You're not good enough ha ha, you're not going to get anything off us!!!"

Which made it all the more brilliant when they got attacked by the Kraken right in front of us...we were outside of the black so just sailed to the edge of it an piled in a few cannonballs to help if finish them off... suffice to say they were mad. Once the black water cleared we grabbed the key, but it was very late at that point and we didn't have time to go get the loot - so we just sailed to the edge of the map and dropped they key overboard :D

It's never too late to get the loot. We (Duo sloop) lost 3 hours in a skull/fort once and gave up because the galleons we kept sinking kept coming back (At this point it was 3am lol). Also finished a skull/fort uncontested only for a galleon to come racing out of nowhere and pursue us only for me to run our sloop aground and beach it. Lost everything.

Played this for the first time tonight because I now have a PC capable of running newer games, seems like a fun game but need some people to play with really, any still playing it?

Played this for the first time tonight because I now have a PC capable of running newer games, seems like a fun game but need some people to play with really, any still playing it?
Yeah me and a few friends play it at least once a week, however we stopped trying to grind for reputation levels and some nights just go on PVP rampages for the laugh. Amazing what a sloop can do.

Used to no life this was a massive fan, Haven't touched it for many months, The lack of content is what really killed it for me really, even when they did release that big expansion it was too late for me really, Used to love PVPing and I'm a really good PVPer as @N0ddie can vouch.

This is really a game you need to have a few friends to play with as it's touch and go with randomers, the looking for group function on the xbox app is actually alright trying to find more people who know what they're doing.

I still play it sometimes with a few mates... again mostly for the PVP but the devs seem to be increasingly caving in to the absolutely pathetic manchildren on the subreddit and slowly destroying the fun organic PVP elements, so I imagine we will stop playing before too long

I still play it sometimes with a few mates... again mostly for the PVP but the devs seem to be increasingly caving in to the absolutely pathetic manchildren on the subreddit and slowly destroying the fun organic PVP elements, so I imagine we will stop playing before too long

I haven't played for a couple ofmonths, what are they doing to counter PVP (One of the core elements of the game)

Back
Top Bottom