Searching Yourself on Google

Permabanned
Nope. They paid for that information legally and is their business model for making money.

Would be no good if people can get the info removed........

However, you can contact the council and have your info removed from the electoral roll however that may cause you other problems as other companies use that info to verify you are who you say you are.......

http://www.192.com/misc/privacy-policy/

That's a bit ridiculous, surely you'd have to consent explicitly to have your information displayed on there?

Soldato
Nothing at all on me,Of course there's other people that share the same name.

Thats how i like it though,Don't do any of this Facebook,Twitter **** for everyone to be nosey at.

Soldato
That's a bit ridiculous, surely you'd have to consent explicitly to have your information displayed on there?

presumably you did by not checking the box that says 'don't add me to the edited electoral register' when you registered.
There are two registers, the edited one that is sold and the full one that is just used for the identity stuff. You should be able to get them to remove you from the edited one, which won't impact your ability to get credit etc . I don't know if that will change the existing 192 results though.

Soldato
Using my real name I appear four times on page one of Google and twice on page two.

Using Google Image search my ugly mug and work of mine appears quite a bit from page one down to nine (didn't bother clicking on 'show more results').

If I use my OcUK name then the only thing that appears linked to me is my Last.Fm account...

One

One

Soldato
Nothing on me fortunately (apart from 192.com). I have all my online profiles either anonymous, pseudonym or hidden in privacy controls.

Searching my name returns my Flickr and Buzz accounts on the 1st page of results. 1st page also returns my entry in somebody's Synaesthesia webring. My sister on the other hand does all that Facebook and Twitter stuff, so she's all over Google.

Last edited:
Associate
About 838,000 results (0.15 seconds)

Top result is always a writer and producer of a few well known late 90's/early 00 TV programs. Only difference is I have one letter added to my first name that she doesn't but it technically isn't her proper name.

Back
Top Bottom