Security chains, locks and weather protective bike cover?

Soldato
I'll buy the Xena than, biking isn't cheap :p

Certainly not to get going, it feels like you just keep buying and buying to get started! :D

It can be cheap if you go 2nd hand on kit, plus once you've got the kit it doesn't generally break for a good while (if you buy at least semi-decent) and bikes can be very cheap to run depending on what you have, your standards and how much you can do yourself. You can do a lot yourself if you get yourself a Haynes manual and spend some hours tinkering.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Don't forget to lay a few land mines,bear traps and booby traps haha
Hahaha, don't tempt me! :p
Certainly not to get going, it feels like you just keep buying and buying to get started! :D

It can be cheap if you go 2nd hand on kit, plus once you've got the kit it doesn't generally break for a good while (if you buy at least semi-decent) and bikes can be very cheap to run depending on what you have, your standards and how much you can do yourself. You can do a lot yourself if you get yourself a Haynes manual and spend some hours tinkering.

It certainly does, but things which I bought such as the almax chain will last me a bit longer and I won't have to buy this stuff again for my next bike. :cool:

Caporegime
Have a poke around second hand clothes shops and charity shops you'd be surprised how often some very high quality jackets/leathers come up for hardly anything there.

Associate
I'll buy the Xena than, biking isn't cheap :p
I was gonna buy a Xena but I didn't like the reviews I was seeing. Plus I like the big-ness of the Oxford Boss which hasn't gone off in heavy rain like my JDC one does.

Have a poke around second hand clothes shops and charity shops you'd be surprised how often some very high quality jackets/leathers come up for hardly anything there.

I started off buying cheap new stuff on ebay because I wasn't sure whether this biking thing would be for me, now that I've been at it for 8 months and summer finally hit I bought a load of used stuff on ebay.
It's surprising how much new and barely used stuff is out there. Earlier this year I bought a new 2M Oxford XL chain for £44. I recently got a new Hein Gericke Sheltex jacket for £25 and new-ish Spada boots for £35, well pleased with that and a couple of pairs of textile trousers for £30. Never thought to check charity shops though.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP

I'm already ordering from http://www.motoin.de/ , I don't really have time to look around for used/2nd hand stuff. I'll do my search whilst looking for 1 piece leathers when I get 2nd bike, I've owned a bike previously and I find it fun so its alright to buy what I want. ;)

00e417995747adc4b697f61aa395b473.png

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
not sure with topcashback,im only with quidco

you can only use one site,so go with the one that offers most off,you'll pay a fiver for admin fees for first year with quidco (but they deduct it off your cashback)

What courier should I use? The shop is based in Germany, I can choose between DHL Shipping £ 5.58 and UPS Shipping £ 6.28

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
don't the uk one offer free delivery?

unless its still cheaper from Germany inc shipping,no idea? dhl is cheapest

This is the cheapest I could find, helmet is £30 cheaper than any other retailer and rest gear is about the same. I read the reviews of this site and its legit, I always do a small research for best prices, with 7% off it'll be £258.
I'll go with UPS, used them before and they were quick.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
oh ok then,yh go with whatever ones cheapest inc shipping

Ordered, with the cashback it comes to around £258. Thanks Wazza for the Quidico, saved me some £££'s :D

Edit

So roughly I've saved £150 by buying online, the price difference is shocking tbh. That's my almax chain right there, just from the saving :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom