1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Released 22/03/2019

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by fieldy, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Amatsubu

Mobster

Halfway through NG++ with Demon Bell on PC for the Return ending, still think this is From's best combat. Smooth and rewarding.

Maybe it's not as gripping in terms of setting as Bloodborne was but it certainly beats it in some aspects. Then again, I never really felt any incentive to replay BB even though I loved it but here I'm doing NG++. Dark Souls III bored me, not for me at all. Of course having played through Sekiro two times, I'm also ready to shelve it as I rarely replay games and I had my share of fun with it already so last playthrough for me.

I'd love Bloodborne 2 with a more involving combat like this but not sure how it'd work with bigger bosses. I don't think From are going to abandon the deflect mechanic completely.

2. BGGLP

Gangster

What’s the secret to this game?

3. Earth[Tera].bin

Wise Guy

Without giving too much away some of the endings lend themselves towards further content. Nothing has officially been confirmed but I'd imagine it's cert, especially judging by Fromsoftware's past games.

First time I played it Boss fights were manic, chaotics things and before I knew It I was dead.Spent ages on Genichiro, neary through in the towel.Then I watched a few youtube vids and those really good at the game just took the fights in their stride,each NPC having predictable attacks. So through repitition and learning the patterns, knowing how many hits to get in before they counter, when to dodge to evade hits etc the game becomes a lot simpler .

It also rewards you for being aggressive too, work on breaking their posture bar. Once you understand that game mechanic it's can mean the difference between a 5 minutes boss fight or a 30 minute one,game ends up playing like a classic Chanbara ( Samurai flick ) with loads of sword clashes rather than your pad flying across the room.

4. iamtheoneneo

Sgarrista

Learn to parry.
    Like actually learn it, not just think you know it.

5. Witcher1980

Hitman

Yeah, it might seem at first the best tactic is like dark souls ie block and circle. But in this game you need to keep the pressure on most of the time. Parry/counter everything, the moves you can't parry just jump. The game is really easy once you learn all the move sets for NG+. The first playthrough is a challenge though while you die over and over just learning the enemies moves.

6. BGGLP

Gangster

Think this is where I’ve gonr wrong then. Trying to play it like Bloodborne; slowly and steadily chipping away at the health

7. Amatsubu

Mobster

Yup, this is a big mistake because not only makes it the fights unnecessarily long but also completely unfun. When played properly, it requires a bit more reflex and execution than BB but nothing crazy and it's really satisfying, especially if you tie in Mikiri and occasional prosthetic use (which I explored properly only during NG+).

There are fight which are more about whittling the opponent's health bar but they're far and in between. Controlled aggression is key.