Sennheiser gsx 1000 thread?

TJM

TJM

Associate
Thanks, that fixed it.

What sort of settings are people using for BF1 and PUBG? Enjoying all hell breaking loose would be more fun for BF, but knowing exactly where other players are is the priority in PUBG.

Associate
I got my GSX 1000 and I'm really happy with how it sounds while gaming, it sound great on overwatch, pubg & battlefield 1.

Unfortunately I have been having an issue with mine, when the unit is left on for a while if I change any of the setting they wont actually change in the output (headphones). For example if I change the volume it will change on the unit display but the sound will remain stuck at a certain volume on the headphone. It is like all the options are frozen so any settings I change update on the unit display but not through the output (Headphone).

The only way to get the unit to function correctly again is by pulling out the USB cable which will reset the unit. When initially plugged back in it will work as intended but then after a number of hours the output will be stuck on what ever setting it was on when the problem occurred.

Has any else had this issue or know of a way to fix it? If not I will send the unit back and try get it switched a new one.

Man of Honour
Try changing USB ports - it seems to not like certain USB 3 drivers and it might be worth trying disabling USB selective suspend.

Associate
Try changing USB ports - it seems to not like certain USB 3 drivers and it might be worth trying disabling USB selective suspend.
yep i had the same problem when i first got mine.. changed USB ports and it worked fine!
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try it in a USB 2.0 port and see how that goes, it was originally on a UBS 3.0 port so it sounds like that was what could have been causing the issues. Il let you know how it goes.

Associate
I've just bought one of these to go with my HD599's and have a quick question on the setup

I've followed the Quick Guide and set the GSX1000 as the main audio in Control Panel > Sound, then clicked configure and selected 7.1 Surround

When clicking Next it gives a number of options that can be selected, do I leave all these as default (i.e. everything selected) or do I need to de-select some of the options? I read on another forum about only having Large Speaksers selected but not sure if that is the best option when using the HD599's

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Soldato
OP
I've just bought one of these to go with my HD599's and have a quick question on the setup

I've followed the Quick Guide and set the GSX1000 as the main audio in Control Panel > Sound, then clicked configure and selected 7.1 Surround

When clicking Next it gives a number of options that can be selected, do I leave all these as default (i.e. everything selected) or do I need to de-select some of the options? I read on another forum about only having Large Speaksers selected but not sure if that is the best option when using the HD599's

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Leave Full range selected, and 7.1

Associate
Hey guys I havee a question. Long story short I have owned the Sennheiser PC 363D headset for 3-4 years. It came with this little 7.1 Dolby adapter which is nice. However, I recently bought myself a pair of Sennheiser HD 599s. The problem is when I plug it into my PC raw the sound is awful, so I plugged it into the adapter which came with the headset and it sounds great.

My question is. What is the difference from this Sennheiser GSX 1000 and the little 7.1 Dolby adapter which came with one of my old headsets? Would I notice any difference between the two? Thank you!

Soldato
OP
Hey guys I havee a question. Long story short I have owned the Sennheiser PC 363D headset for 3-4 years. It came with this little 7.1 Dolby adapter which is nice. However, I recently bought myself a pair of Sennheiser HD 599s. The problem is when I plug it into my PC raw the sound is awful, so I plugged it into the adapter which came with the headset and it sounds great.

My question is. What is the difference from this Sennheiser GSX 1000 and the little 7.1 Dolby adapter which came with one of my old headsets? Would I notice any difference between the two? Thank you!

The biggest difference is how the two create a surround sound. Dolby will take a stereo signal and create a 7.1 surround sound the biggest downside to this is unwanted echo like you standing in an empty room.

The GSX allows window to see the device has a true 7.1 device that games can then send a full 7.1 signal to the unit and the GSX then creates a surround sound to be played back on stereo headphones.

It sounds much better and the echo is removed, therfore creating a more natural surround sound experience.

In my experience nothing on the market comes close to the surround sound the GSX creates.

Associate
The biggest difference is how the two create a surround sound. Dolby will take a stereo signal and create a 7.1 surround sound the biggest downside to this is unwanted echo like you standing in an empty room.

The GSX allows window to see the device has a true 7.1 device that games can then send a full 7.1 signal to the unit and the GSX then creates a surround sound to be played back on stereo headphones.

It sounds much better and the echo is removed, therfore creating a more natural surround sound experience.

In my experience nothing on the market comes close to the surround sound the GSX creates.

You think it will be good for my HD 599s? Should I be buying this GSX or a AMP/DAC?

Soldato
You think it will be good for my HD 599s? Should I be buying this GSX or a AMP/DAC?
If Sennheiser more than halved its price then GSX would be excellent product:
Budget price Audigy FX and Xonar DGX are fully at same level in components.
Both also offer sound cards at half its price with way superior DACs and for some 120-130€ you'll get very high end components from DAC to output buffer/amp.
So IMO paying upward £200 for something which is neither good DAC or any kind proper headphone amp is for brand blinded.

As for how well particular binaural-simulation works for listener is also affected by size and shape of head and ear.
So it's actually fully expectable that best binaural-simulation varies from person to another depending how well used algorithm's matches person's HRTF.

Dolby Headphone works by taking multichannel surround signal just like any binaural-simulation.
Problem comes from that instead of purely trying to simulate surround sound with headphones some lame brain made it also mimic room echoes of gothic cathedral/public path they mistook as movie theater.
(just when did movie theaters disregard proper acoustic design of interior?)

Associate
If Sennheiser more than halved its price then GSX would be excellent product:
Budget price Audigy FX and Xonar DGX are fully at same level in components.
Both also offer sound cards at half its price with way superior DACs and for some 120-130€ you'll get very high end components from DAC to output buffer/amp.
So IMO paying upward £200 for something which is neither good DAC or any kind proper headphone amp is for brand blinded.

As for how well particular binaural-simulation works for listener is also affected by size and shape of head and ear.
So it's actually fully expectable that best binaural-simulation varies from person to another depending how well used algorithm's matches person's HRTF.

Dolby Headphone works by taking multichannel surround signal just like any binaural-simulation.
Problem comes from that instead of purely trying to simulate surround sound with headphones some lame brain made it also mimic room echoes of gothic cathedral/public path they mistook as movie theater.
(just when did movie theaters disregard proper acoustic design of interior?)

Ok thanks. Can you suggest me to buy something which has immersive 7.1 surround sound which will power better than my adapter from my old headset for my new HD 599s headphones, please.

Associate
Which setup would be best? Long story short I spent the last 7 days testing stuff out. People told me Stereo is the best for my HD 599s however my old sennheiser 363D 7.1 sounds better for me personally. I can't stand Stereo for some reason, I really despise how it sounds, is that bad?

I tried my HD 599s with the FiiO AMP/DAC and I hate it. Stereo sounds very odd to me and I've tried so hard to try and get used to it but I can't.

So my main question is right now what would be the better setup.

HD 599s + GSX 1000

or

PC 373D 7.1 headset

Soldato
It's not necessarily about what's better, but what you prefer.

Judging by your posts in another thread, you're not getting on with using the HD599 for just stereo, and you don't seem to be getting on with the GSX.

People can tell you all day long that the HD599 + GSX is better, but better doesn't mean **** if you prefer something else. I really don't see the point in persevering with the HD599 + GSX just because other people think it's the best set up. It is for them, but maybe not for you. Go with what you prefer.

Associate
It's not necessarily about what's better, but what you prefer.

Judging by your posts in another thread, you're not getting on with using the HD599 for just stereo, and you don't seem to be getting on with the GSX.

People can tell you all day long that the HD599 + GSX is better, but better doesn't mean **** if you prefer something else. I really don't see the point in persevering with the HD599 + GSX just because other people think it's the best set up. It is for them, but maybe not for you. Go with what you prefer.

Thanks. Yeah I'm sorry for keep making threads abbout this crap it's just I'vve read so many reviews and stuff and apparently the HD 599s with a amp/dac is better. Howevver I like the HD 599s with the GSX 1000 but I just want to know what would be the difference between the HD 599s + GSX 1000 and the PC 373D 7.1 gaming set.

Because it would be pointless me using the HD 599s with the GSX 1000 if the headset will be equally as good because I could save money or something.

Associate
I've got the HD 599's and a GSX 1000 and it's great for games. I've ran to flags with team mates in BF1 and can hear the difference when they run on grass, gravel, etc. But music sounds terrible through it so use a Fiio E17 with the HD 599's.

As said above, we can tell you what we've used, what we like but at the end of the day sound is subjective and subject to personal taste.

Back
Top Bottom