US: SENSE8 - Wachowskis - netflix

Man of Honour
I watched the first and part of the second episode and that was enough for me, too much focus on the gay couples.

Which is a shame because there is probably a good story here, but I wont be watching it again.

Love it or hate it as mentioned earlier on you really need to get past the first few episodes before it really starts going anywhere.

Soldato
yep, first half of the series was building the characters and in the second half it really took off - definitely worth sticking with it.

If the LGBT sex offends just look away - I did on a couple of occasions as I think they went too far. :D

Soldato
If the LGBT sex offends just look away - I did on a couple of occasions as I think they went too far. :D
I don't think many people found it offensive (if any). Just that there was so much of it in a show that was already very slow that it really spoiled the pacing. Offended? More like bored :p

Caporegime
I just saw all of this over the last week and I absolutely LOVED it. It was original, beauifully directed and choreographed and I thought it was a stellar cast, each with a great backstory and very uinique individual skills. Plus, the bad guy was genuinely creepy.

It really reminded me of that magical quality which they gave to Cloud Atlas, one of the most underrated modern masterpieces of all time.

Also, I am in love with Kala and Riley and want to marry them both.

Amazing series.

Associate
Honestly, I started to watch this serie because I didn't have anything else to watch and I thought 'It's a Netflix serie, it should be good, I should try it'. And I absolutely fell in love with it! I can't wait for season 2!

Soldato
Finally polished this off my back catalogue, Enjoyed it for the most part. Were a few parts in episodes where I was starting to get bored but it picked up towards the end.

Not sure how they'll go with S2, just hope it doesn't turn into them on the run constantly.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
thanks for the reminder lovely little show, almost thought it was canned been so long it feels.

Man of Honour
I don't think many people found it offensive (if any). Just that there was so much of it in a show that was already very slow that it really spoiled the pacing. Offended? More like bored :p

The wet "item" scene was quite in your face, especially the thud as it slapped the floor :eek:

I ended up enjoying season 1, quite liked that it was a different take on this kind of plot.

Still laughing at Bat Van and Van Damme :D

Soldato
Watched half through the season and suddenly realised what utter tripe it is, and stopped. Style over substance all the way. Half of it was in pointless, go-no-where slow-mo and it's just incredibly self indulgent.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
They got away with it last season i thought as the novelity wore off real quick. Watched that latest 1 off and i dont know what on earth, i just watched it was awful and pointless. :eek:

Man of Honour
Watched half through the season and suddenly realised what utter tripe it is, and stopped. Style over substance all the way. Half of it was in pointless, go-no-where slow-mo and it's just incredibly self indulgent.

As per my post above you really need to get past the first few episodes. That said I've zero interest in watching the one off special and doubt I'll bother with season 2.

They really only start to put the potential of the powers together towards the end but overall it is ruined by the amount of self indulgent rubbish, etc.

Caporegime
Just finished the Christmas special and I really enjoyed it. Something about this show makes me a little emotional, it has heart, and the feeling that despite everything they are all there for one another when no-one else is just strikes a chord with me. It is to me a typically underrated Wachowski-style epic, reminiscent of Cloud Atlas (not just because it has Somni), which is one of my favourite movies ever.

I will be watching Season 2 for sure, in fact I am really looking forward to it. :)

Back
Top Bottom