Sent the wrong item back to Amazon and they binned it.

Associate
OP
Terms and conditions can't override things like this. This is theft and/or destruction of property. They already admitted they received the item
Yep, but never said what item it was, i may be thinking too much into it, but as I said before they always called it unidentified card etc. I have zero proof they have my property right now.

I ahve emailed trhe customer service manager as Aiir gave me the address (cheers dude) so fingers crossed something will happen. chances are hes off till tuesday now though, hope they dont bin it before then.

Soldato
Aparently it's in the terms and conditions (in small print) that anything you return to amazon you basically lose the rights to and amazon will not guarantee any retuen of any items.
Sadly though I have no proof I sent that card to them, in all their emails and chats they refer to it as the "wrong card" or "card with the incorrect serial number" they also said they took pictures but refused to allow me to have any for my proof they had my property. and said thet all gets disposed of as well when they dispose of the ite, basically destroying the evidence. I asked a few legal reddit subs and without proof they have my property there is nothing that can be done, and amazon know it.

T&C's cannot override your statutory legal rights, even if they could prove that you've read and signed off on them.

Man of Honour
Which unfortunately makes it easy to replace them in the future with advanced ai

A lot of Amazon's support systems are fully AI driven unless/until it gets beyond the normal range of questions/answers - it is kind of funny as they try to present it like a human chat but the speed of replies are pretty much instant.

Associate
OP
Can't they treat it as a return?
Nope, they refused as they already have the item. I asked. apparently the item has to be sent to them after the return is started. which just sounds like utter horsecrap. there are many ways they could deal with it, they are just refusing all of them. and I have no idea why. policies I suppose.

Sadly everyone you speak to tells you something different, and you cant speak directly to the people in returns, and nor can the people on chat, all they can do is email. I asked them to call them and they aren't allowed, nor are the managers for some reason. it just seems bizzare.

I am hoping the customer service manager will help me. :/

Associate
OP
A lot of Amazon's support systems are fully AI driven unless/until it gets beyond the normal range of questions/answers - it is kind of funny as they try to present it like a human chat but the speed of replies are pretty much instant.
Yeah you can tell when it changes to a human, especially when one accused me of fraud for sending the wrong item when it was me who informed them first of all...

Man of Honour
Nope, they refused as they already have the item. I asked. apparently the item has to be sent to them after the return is started.

That is rubbish - they can raise it as a return and just need to get a manager to manually over-ride - you'd probably have to cover return cost but that is another story. Sounds like someone can't be bothered to do their job properly or doesn't want to bother those above them or something.

EDIT: Though I guess the CS people themselves can't do that directly but no reason they can't raise that internally.

Caporegime
This makes no sense, what would they do if you hadn’t told them and had just claimed to have sent back two faulty cards? Presumably they either refund both or they test them and tell you one isn’t faulty and return it to you. I’d just escalate it and if no luck then charge back on credit card.

Associate
OP
That is rubbish - they can raise it as a return and just need to get a manager to manually over-ride - you'd probably have to cover return cost but that is another story. Sounds like someone can't be bothered to do their job properly or doesn't want to bother those above them or something.

EDIT: Though I guess the CS people themselves can't do that directly but no reason they can't raise that internally.
Everytime I talk to them I tell them i will happilly pay for shipping, twice over if need be, just give me my damn GPU (obviously I dont want to pay twice, but if given the choice, I would bite their hand off)

Again annoyingly its not the people in returns I'm talking to, it's just the guys in india on live chat 99% of the time. and at least 4 of them haven't got the foggiest what im even talking about. I explained the whole thing to one guy... he told me to wrap it in bubblewrap. yeah cheers man. that was helpful.
Its been 23 live chats and 5 phone calls so far, plus another 7 or so emails, most of which are unanswered, so far one helpful man on chat yesterday, and one helpful man on email who told me helpful man on chat is looking into it. thats it.

Associate
OP
This makes no sense, what would they do if you hadn’t told them and had just claimed to have sent back two faulty cards? Presumably they either refund both or they test them and tell you one isn’t faulty and return it to you. I’d just escalate it and if no luck then charge back on credit card.
Tried already, lloyds said if you send back the incorrect itrm and amazon refuse to refund because of it... you cant chargeback.

Associate
OP
If I do lose all this money, worst part is telling the girlfriend, we get married in two weeks, this will be a massive blow financially to us. I know to some people it's not a huge amount of money, to us at the momwnt with three kids, a marriage to pay for etc... it's a massive massive setback. sigh.

Back
Top Bottom