SETI@home News Vol. 113 (22/08/2010)

Soldato
Wouldn't catch me laughing, doesn't matter how good or bad a build maybe as long as you learn from it. If you think people may laugh, well bide your time because you will be hysterical when i do mine....build and entertain lol :)

Associate
Wouldn't catch me laughing, doesn't matter how good or bad a build maybe as long as you learn from it. If you think people may laugh, well bide your time because you will be hysterical when i do mine....build and entertain lol :)

The biggest problem I've found is that there just isn't enough information for us amateurs. We should be able to plug in card configurations into a tool, which would then tell us what flow rate and heat dissipation rate etc we need - which we should then be able to match up with manufacturers specs. In the end, you knida have to take a punt!:confused:

Soldato
Ya see you just created more work for yourself.....that could be your next project some kind of configuration tool.
There's no shortage of people offering advice personally i would just rather kidnap Mr Biffa for the weekend and we could have a watercooling workshop :eek::D

Soldato
The biggest problem I've found is that there just isn't enough information for us amateurs. We should be able to plug in card configurations into a tool, which would then tell us what flow rate and heat dissipation rate etc we need - which we should then be able to match up with manufacturers specs. In the end, you knida have to take a punt!:confused:

If only...

Nice idea though..

Soldato
I see - guess I'll have to wait ;)

Sorry Area51 i listed it then i realised i was handing the opposition intelligence so i edited it out - sent it on an email :)

Knew you wouldnt let me down - nice one mate :D:p

I have a feeling he will get his own back with a huge credit dump later on, but at least he knows what is what now :eek:

"First name" nice to meet you slap thats off Edge :D

Associate
Knew you wouldnt let me down - nice one mate :D:p

I have a feeling he will get his own back with a huge credit dump later on, but at least he knows what is what now :eek:

Tsk, tsk, tsk.......

Got home safe and sound (Thanks again TBag)....

As for uploads.....all done - can no longer see my pending so I guess it's safe to assume it's over 1 million (not bad since it was at 660k during outage).

I still don't think I'm safe (TBag is one of his moods :D).

Only bad news is the car needs a new clutch :( (but I knew it was on it's way out when I set off today).

All in all I'm happy :)

Soldato
Your allways welcome sah, i wouldn't have put a bet on you reaching the end of the road with the sound of that clutch...crikey!
Uploaded my tasks no rac change or total.....meh sod it...will wait untill tommorrow :)

Associate
Job Done.....

Asus RE3 now happily in the Corsair 800D :)

Switch on .... Updated Seti ..... :D ......

Should hit 10m shortly and rac @ 83k

edit ...... 10m passed :D

Soldato
Job Done.....

Asus RE3 now happily in the Corsair 800D :)

Switch on .... Updated Seti ..... :D ......

Should hit 10m shortly and rac @ 83k

edit ...... 10m passed :D

:eek::eek:I just cant believe you got cracking on it as soon as you got home, remember i said i had to make another sale today, i just had the 2nd case picked up at 2.30am strange hours but as my ma used to say....real money never sleeps :)

Nice one..

That didn't take long - well done, should hit 10m myself in a week..
Touchwood Mr Edge sah but have your timings remained stable and what not?:confused:

Last edited:
Soldato
:eek::eek:I just cant believe you got cracking on it as soon as you got home, remember i said i had to make another sale today, i just had the 2nd case picked up at 2.30am strange hours but as my ma used to say....real money never sleeps :)

Touchwood Mr Edge sah but have your timings remined stable and what not?:confused:

So far - am keeping an eye on them just in case...
gpu's are clocked back up, but temps for the top 2 are aroung 90C :eek:

Soldato
Well look on the bright side, tis allmost the season to roast chestnuts :eek::D

Not had chance to install yet but am well impressed with the asus everything from the packing to the look of the card get a good feeling for it....is that normal?:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom