SETI@home News Vol. 114

Soldato
It is the top card though, and the top fan, and bottom two fans don't work, so understandable
I have bought 2 x 140 fans and 2 x 120 fans which hopefully will help a bit..

Soldato
Wow that was a long day

Looks simple doesn't it?

Nice and straightforward

Except the h50 push/pull stops the door holding the 4 fans from closing.....rather than rip it all out and start again just bolted it onto the door :D

Case closed...and the little green box is ready for its first day at work tommorrow, couldn't help myself so in view of the colour i name this rig "puke" :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Heh, I just got a new case for my home machine. :) Lots of room.

Look for build log soon. Its not quite finished, waiting for a few cosmetic bits to arrive but I like it :D

Associate
I've heard the expression no plan survives first contact with the enemy - in this case (ha), its no plan survives first contact with the case! Despite hours of offering things up, as soon as I started work, I spotted a few flaws in my original plan. Instead of hanging the rad assembly saddle-bag style down the side, I've gone for a top mount:

CIMG1939.jpg

...which of course makes things a bit tight for the reservoir:

CIMG1945.jpg

...and makes my USB ports art the front useless!!!! This is a lot trickier than I thought it would be - everything is sooooo damn tight!

Associate
Finally ready to fill me steam powered rig and test the main connections :D

CIMG1954-1.jpg

CIMG1956.jpg

I like the 'industrial' look! - honest!!!!

Filling this is gonna be a bugga. I wanted to use straight connectors coming out of the bottom of the res', but I couldn't get the bend on the pipes in the drive bay without kinking them - which means the only way I could figure out to get a high point was to put a 'breather' pipe on the 'top' of the res' !!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Not sure why you didn't just mount it on the roof fan holes? Sure it might be too big to keep all inside the case but you could have the fans on the inside and the rad on the outside.

Associate
Not sure why you didn't just mount it on the roof fan holes? Sure it might be too big to keep all inside the case but you could have the fans on the inside and the rad on the outside.

Simply because there is not enough room. I can just about fit the fans up there - it would have to be a super slim radiator!!!!!

Man of Honour
Keep it as an exhaust? :)

Ignore me, if the ghetto/industrial/hardcore cruncher/loopiedeloop look is your bag then who am I to criticize :D

On another note, called scantastika and my PSU which has no been at the supplier for 2 months has no word. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom