SETI@home News Vol. 114

Associate
Keep it as an exhaust? :)

Ignore me, if the ghetto/industrial/hardcore cruncher/loopiedeloop look is your bag then who am I to criticize :D

Believe me, there are reasons why the fans are configured the way they are. After 'exhaustive' testing of a gajjion combinations (only a slight exaggeration), the best temperatures in this case were given by using the tops fans as exhausts - but quite a wide margin. I am hoping that one of them will become redundant and can be re-covered with its blanking plate once this loop is up and running.

I'd have loved to hide this stuff away, but there simply isn't room - and I can't afford a bigger case - So, I've just got to use what I've got. ;) I do like the steam powered look - computer cases are too bland (except Toxic's new acquisition) - which still hurts my eyes whenever I look at his pics.

Soldato
As soon as I get one thing all nice and working something else of mine breaks getting sick of it :(

Edit: Got it back up and on put everything to stock settings and see if it happens anymore so not happy right now :(

BTW: nice rigs Toxic and Area 51 :D

Last edited:
Soldato
As soon as I get one thing all nice and working something else of mine breaks getting sick of it :(

Edit: Got it back up and on put everything to stock settings and see if it happens anymore so not happy right now :(

BTW: nice rigs Toxic and Area 51 :D

:( I feel for your pain, badly behaved rigs are everyones nightmare, not to mention a constant niggling worry

Soldato
:D:D:D

Ha - just had the 'will you jump ship and join us' email from the gpu users group, it was actually a well written request and I completely respect where they are coming from.
But after spending so much time working my way up the rankings here, it would be a shame to leave now, especially when I am only 10 x gtx480's and about 5K worth of new hardware from crushing you all into the ground :D:D

Associate
:D:D:D

Ha - just had the 'will you jump ship and join us' email from the gpu users group, it was actually a well written request and I completely respect where they are coming from.
But after spending so much time working my way up the rankings here, it would be a shame to leave now, especially when I am only 10 x gtx480's and about 5K worth of new hardware from crushing you all into the ground :D:D

They're certainly very selective......do you feel honored?

Soldato
It is nice to be headhunted :p To be honest, Im surprised that they haven't asked you as your output is so close, Im sure an offer will be heading your way soon.

Talk about close..

13) MadMac 9979619
14) ReaVerUK 9959963

Goes and fires up laptop
, going to try and hold you off until the next outage, but with 2 days lost crunching this week, I doubt that I can..

Last edited:
Associate
I got a second invite from them as well :rolleyes: today you'd think that the first one that got no response would be enough like i said before i aint gonna leave any time soon ;):p:

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Don't feel too bad, I mounted the sli parallel block on my 4 cards in weebeastie and did a leak test which poured liquid all over the cards because I mounted to block backwards :(

Man of Honour
Yeah but I did it twice before I realised! Should be all dried out now its been a couple of days, but I think I'm going to have to take the blocks off and check each one for peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom