SETI@home News Vol. 116 (19/09/2010)

Man of Honour
FiveHamlets some dood with 31mil sick of the outages and lack of feedback feels like everyone should owe him some respect or something. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I think if anyone would have packed in by now it would have been me, but most of the problems i have had have been hardware related or my own fault so i couldn't go throwing my toys out and spite something i believe in just because i couldn't get it right.
Ooh fingers crossed everythings going ok ish at the moment :)

Associate
I hate to say it (well, actually I don't), but I have work :p

Its not looking pretty in 'Caliform eye a' right now; there is a sea of red and orange as fire hoses get sucked yet again :( I can only assume this is the desperate attempt to trouble shoot (by blunderbuss) the DB server problems prior to bringing stuff up within the next 24 hours....

Soldato
I think shazbot would be more apt :D

Came by a hd5670 but its not compatable for milkyway, is there any other crunching project anyone can suggest i could use this for? Cheers :)

Last edited:
Associate
SETI back online except for d/l servers
08/10/2010 19:36:31 SETI@home Sending scheduler request: To report completed tasks.
08/10/2010 19:36:31 SETI@home Reporting 275 completed tasks, not requesting new tasks
08/10/2010 19:37:20 SETI@home Scheduler request completed
:D

Soldato
Evening all, was down to my last few tasks then i detached re attached every cuda task zooms to 100% resulting in error. Luckily i had only downl a handfull and set to nnt but no matter what i try it does the same every time. Have re installed boinc and opt apps the same, tried it with just the stock app same result, anyone have any ideas or what else i might try......very frustrating :(

Connected to Einstein and it does gpu tasks fine :(

Last edited:
Associate
Evening all, was down to my last few tasks then i detached re attached every cuda task zooms to 100% resulting in error. Luckily i had only downl a handfull and set to nnt but no matter what i try it does the same every time. Have re installed boinc and opt apps the same, tried it with just the stock app same result, anyone have any ideas or what else i might try......very frustrating :(

Connected to Einstein and it does gpu tasks fine :(

I know some people have reported problems with detach/re-attch. I take it the tasks you are crunching were issued after the detach......

<edit>Actually, ignore that question. Assuming that your client tries to process the tasks, and then errors them - the problme must be on your client. If you were processing tasks issued to a different host ID, you would find the client wouldn;t even touch them. Have you re-installed the drivers?</edit>

Last edited:
Soldato
Problem temporarily solved Mr Area51 i think, i had to re-attach to einstein started doing a few gpu tasks, suspended it then it crunches seti just fine. Not so mutch bothered about the 6 hours of hair pulling and nail biting just curious as to why it was happenning.
I will put my hand up and admit to trashing around 100 tasks but it was a rock and a hard place :(

Associate
Problem temporarily solved Mr Area51 i think, i had to re-attach to einstein started doing a few gpu tasks, suspended it then it crunches seti just fine. Not so mutch bothered about the 6 hours of hair pulling and nail biting just curious as to why it was happenning.
I will put my hand up and admit to trashing around 100 tasks but it was a rock and a hard place :(

Well, sounds like you're on the straight and narrow now; bizzare solution though - must have been a moment of 'Toxic Terror' to come up with that as a possible solution worth trying :p!!!!!

Soldato
:) It's just another problem that i might be able to manage if it comes up again, funny that i never tire of picking up new stuff ah well now at least i can get back to crunching :)

**Edit** Funniest part of today was that it was comparatively easy to get a 470 doing seti/einstein and an ati card in the same rig folding....all on an nvidia board, piece of cake compared to seti :)

Spoke to soon it's all gone ying tong....that'll teach me :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom