Setting up Pi-hole

Associate
I'm using Ultimate via a github url on my Mikrotik which now includes an adblocking feature called adlist. I have noticed various url's used though, I would imagine it's just a way of spreading the load so nothing to worry about.

maj

maj

Soldato
I'm using Ultimate via a github url on my Mikrotik which now includes an adblocking feature called adlist. I have noticed various url's used though, I would imagine it's just a way of spreading the load so nothing to worry about.
Probably and that would make sense in the circumstances.

I sorted my ad blocking issue anyway. I noticed the DNS on the device wasn't pointing at my ad blocker for some reason like every other device in the house was. Googled the DNS servers and it returned my VPN client which was active for some reason but is also only installed on one user's profile. It must have been auto connecting on every boot. As soon as I disconnected from the VPN adguard home started blocking ads. So all due to my own incompetence :o

Associate
I always get oddities with my Pihole setup, I tend to find it does some pretty aggressive blocking on legitimate links. Such as on HUKD or things like Quidco. Makes it a pain to use sometimes...

Soldato
I always get oddities with my Pihole setup, I tend to find it does some pretty aggressive blocking on legitimate links. Such as on HUKD or things like Quidco. Makes it a pain to use sometimes...
working as intended. they are tracking/affiliate links used for ad targeting.

Back
Top Bottom