Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Associate
I have just got this (GMG). Is it worth or necessary to play the previouse two in the trilogy?

Worth it? Absolutely!

I doubt it is necessary but I don't own the third so I can't say for sure. It wasn't necessary to have played the first to understand or enjoy the second if that helps at all.

Looking at gmg i'm seeing the croft edition for £26.93 (with their gmg12 code) does that seem reasonable or should i wait for further reductions?

Edit - i bought it. I've wanted the game since it was announced so I don't feel bad treating myself. :D

Last edited:

V F

V F

Soldato
I have just got this (GMG). Is it worth or necessary to play the previouse two in the trilogy?

Hell yes! Definitive was quite nice, dark and grungy to the story and world.

Rise, I loved the compound bows. Once she was kitted out with all the weapons she honestly felt like...

Associate
[19-03-2019] PC Patch Notes for patch 1.0.280 (Patch #13)
We have just released the thirteenth PC patch for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.280. This patch focuses primarily on the release for the Nvidia’s Ray-Traced Shadows and DLSS.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.

New features included in this patch:
  • Nvidia’s Ray-Traced Shadows
  • Support for DLSS.

The following requirements must be met to be able to run Ray-Traced Shadows or DLSS:
  • Window 10 update 1809 or higher
  • Nvidia’s RTX 20- series GPU
  • Nvidia’s latest drivers 419.35 and up.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version, we have made a Beta available on Steam, Build 279, that can be used to switch back to the previous version.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/750920/discussions/0/3362406825550848019/

Associate
I don't know why but I absolutely cannot stand the voice actor who portrays Lara Croft. :mad:
It's exacerbated by the fact that, on normal puzzle difficulty, she spouts off nearly every single time you use survival instincts!

Otherwise, I did enjoy the game (bar the unskippable cinematic sequences and oh-so bloody slow creeping through gaps).
I know its that middle class Surrey accent she should be more posh sounding really.

Associate
Purchased this yesterday after finishing rise and it is quite stunning graphicly and the game play also very good, as a reboot trilogy it has to be one of the best. the first 2 amazing and so far this is on par.

back to the game!

Soldato
Tempted to pick this up in the current Steam sale...
If its cheap enough go for it but do not expect anything close to Rise Of The Tomb Raider levels of quality sadly (that one had a massive budget backed by Microsoft). Shadow has some moments & the actual tombs are quite awesome but overall it just feels like its lacking something compared to Rise. Content wise as well unless you buy the most expensive version you do not get a lot of content which was held back for the season pass & developed well after the game was released over the following year :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
I can see me getting into this. Whilst already I can see it isn't quite as sharp as its predecessors, visually it is stunning and it has enough of the feel to keep me going I think.

Soldato
This is not brilliant game in terms of plot/ characters but if you have the dlcs, the actual tomb raiding and platforming is the best of the entire trilogy. Which is kinda the point of a TR game:p Still not like the TR of old but it actually has something more substantial.

I liked all three games but all of them are missing different things for me, unfortunately.

Associate
I thought it was a cracking game, good part about it was being able to turn off all the paint every game uses to point out where to jump to and from and point you where to go every 2 seconds. Great feature.

End boss was to hard tho, I had to turn down difficulty for it so got a lower achievement for it, not that I really care about that but it did slightly annoy me.

V F

V F

Soldato
If its cheap enough go for it but do not expect anything close to Rise Of The Tomb Raider levels of quality sadly (that one had a massive budget backed by Microsoft). Shadow has some moments & the actual tombs are quite awesome but overall it just feels like its lacking something compared to Rise. Content wise as well unless you buy the most expensive version you do not get a lot of content which was held back for the season pass & developed well after the game was released over the following year :rolleyes:

I loved the compound bow in Rise. I was kind of gutted when we got the recurve.

I thought it was a cracking game, good part about it was being able to turn off all the paint every game uses to point out where to jump to and from and point you where to go every 2 seconds. Great feature.

End boss was to hard tho, I had to turn down difficulty for it so got a lower achievement for it, not that I really care about that but it did slightly annoy me.

What difficulty were you on?

Associate
[QUOTE="What difficulty were you on?[/QUOTE]

cant remember how it goes but its something like

Puzzels = hardest one
Traversal? = hardest one
combat = one down from hard

that way you get no hints with "survival instincts" or paint everywhere for traversal. much better way to play.

Back
Top Bottom