Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Caporegime
Nope

:D

:p

Well thats me done, can't play anymore, can't stop the audio crackling, ive tried umpteen bloody times here to load it.

I get the title screen fine, but as soon as i hit continue, that rumbling music starts, where its loading, then it cuts out straight away, and comes back ******* crackling! :(

EDIT: Well after a few more goes, i finally got it, get it with the title screen music crackling, then when i continue, the rumbly load music comes on, cuts out, then when it comes back, its fine, but what an absolute ball ache, bloody ridiculous, as it happens when playing the game too, can come back after cutting out, crackling, its really killing the game this ****. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
That was fun. How far are you into the game? I'm about 82% complete on PS4. I have apparently two main missions before end game on One with the Jungle then onto Deadly Obsession.
I'm currently cleaning up relics, challenges, tombs, side missions etc before the finale. I've been enjoying the exploring while most seemed to hate it saying the game was dull. I've also loved how dark the game has been. About as dark as Doom3, another thing that most hated. So many say they cannot see what is going on.

I was extremely dissapointed with the Nahual side mission. However, what a glorious setting the game has.

None of the fights were Uncharted 4 Crushing. :( Sure some were fun. More so the mud parts.

Tomb Raider has really grown on me. I wasn't much for the series until I got a little warmed up with Definitive, then Rise got me hooked and Shadow has kept it for me. So I bought a few on Steam to play. I haven't played much of Underworld that I think I'll revisit on the PS3, same with Anniversary and Legend.

Since I was so obsessed with the Uncharted series, Tomb Raider seems to be edging the spot for me.

I love the Uncharted series, the writing is so much better than the Tomb Raider series. I feel TR just takes it's self wayyyy too seriously. Whilst Uncharted (at least 2 and 4) feel a lot more of an actual adventure. Heck, I'm going to replay them.

V F

V F

Soldato
Just done the Tree Of Life Tomb :D, now at the Basin Camp, in the other Challenge Tomb :D

I had some audio cut outs throughout that playthrough, but luckily, no crackling :)

That was such a creepy tomb, Tree of Life. It felt like a much darker scene of Uncharted 2.

I'm getting no crackling on the PS4 though, I did initially two to three patches ago.

Caporegime
Got the Relic glitch, so can't 100%

Says ive got one Relic to find at the Plane Wreckage part (as ive been going back to finish off previous parts), but theres nothing there, doesn't even show on the map, been to every camp around that part, and nothing :(

Done some googling, and it seems to be a common problem.

Also, has anyone been able to get the Relic from Paititi, thats under the floor in that house ?, as theres just no way, you just can't get the floor up, and theres no other way in. :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
I can't get into this, just an endless waffle simulator. I stuck with it even got through a tedious flashback scene and now im in some town with stuff to buy and people everywhere too talk to. Every 3 minutes is a cutscene, is it like this all the way through?. Just so boring, do a little bit of game then 5 minutes of waffle, loot stuff, craft stuck argh my nightmare of a game and I love tomb raider games. They got to stop doing stuff like this, I can't believe people actually enjoy collecting crap, fetching stuff and listening to the most boring talking ever, don't people actually enjoy the hook of gameplay anymore, I want to shoot stuff and explore! thats it! no talking, no looting and especially no bloody crafting!

V F

V F

Soldato
Got the Relic glitch, so can't 100%

Says ive got one Relic to find at the Plane Wreckage part (as ive been going back to finish off previous parts), but theres nothing there, doesn't even show on the map, been to every camp around that part, and nothing :(

Done some googling, and it seems to be a common problem.

Also, has anyone been able to get the Relic from Paititi, thats under the floor in that house ?, as theres just no way, you just can't get the floor up, and theres no other way in. :confused:

Some of the collectables has been a pain in the ass. Some staying highlighted even when found it, some you cannot go back to get. So many bad glitches in this game. :(

Go up the stairs next to the campfire near the merchants with the white wall with the blue markings. Turn right and go down through the water. The one with the huge gold, right?

Caporegime
Some of the collectables has been a pain in the ass. Some staying highlighted even when found it, some you cannot go back to get. So many bad glitches in this game. :(

Go up the stairs next to the campfire near the merchants with the white wall with the blue markings. Turn right and go down through the water. The one with the huge gold, right?

Yeah thats the one, i found it eventually :p, its a shame they havn't fixed the glitches, the Gold i picked up from in there stayed highlighted too.

Just found the last dunkin skeleton as well, he was a sneaky bugger to find :D

V F

V F

Soldato
Yeah the gold stayed white for me as well on PS4 after finding it. Real face palm stuff. I did love every nook and cranny finding all the stuff. So many hidden areas in Paititi.

Soldato
slightly disappointed that I'm suffering a lot of flickering textures. The first time you climb up the rock face at the start it was all black, now walking through the market the floor is flickering like crazy :(

AMD R9 200 series, think it's a 280 :(

Im sure its been mentioned a ton so apologies, just started playing this after going through the first two again to get in the spirit....it looks amazing but could be 10 mins or could be an hour the screen will freeze and my comp is dead, have to hard reset. Is this an ongoing problem, any work arounds?

Caporegime
Im sure its been mentioned a ton so apologies, just started playing this after going through the first two again to get in the spirit....it looks amazing but could be 10 mins or could be an hour the screen will freeze and my comp is dead, have to hard reset. Is this an ongoing problem, any work arounds?

I havn't had that, just the audio cutting and crackling.

Just had another update, just over 200mb, i hope the bugger still works after this one.

Soldato
slightly disappointed that I'm suffering a lot of flickering textures. The first time you climb up the rock face at the start it was all black, now walking through the market the floor is flickering like crazy :(

AMD R9 200 series, think it's a 280 :(

So, it appears that it's a common issue linked to a patch. Turned off DX12 and it's looking great :D

However, I'm finding the game rather lacking, it feels more like I'm part of an interactive movie than a proper game.

Caporegime
Just been back to CENOTE
for the last 2x effigies
I knew the buggers would be where i thought :p

So, it appears that it's a common issue linked to a patch. Turned off DX12 and it's looking great :D

However, I'm finding the game rather lacking, it feels more like I'm part of an interactive movie than a proper game.

Yeah ive never had anything like that on Dx11, wouldn't know about 12, as im on Win 7.

Back
Top Bottom