Shadow Of The Tomb Raider

Associate
I don't know why but I absolutely cannot stand the voice actor who portrays Lara Croft. :mad:
It's exacerbated by the fact that, on normal puzzle difficulty, she spouts off nearly every single time you use survival instincts!

Otherwise, I did enjoy the game (bar the unskippable cinematic sequences and oh-so bloody slow creeping through gaps).

V F

V F

Soldato
That is why I'm enjoying Deadly Obsession. She practically says nothing. Except interacting with Jonah via the walkie talkie.

I'm really enjoying Deadly Obsession, it feels exactly like One with the Jungle bar the saving check points. The Pirahana scene was fun with that. If only the AI was really intelligent and mixed up paterns like Uncharted 4 Crushing.

Cannot wait for Cenote for that part, was last up to the Eagle path challenge but went back to 100% Peruvian Jungle and Kawuq.

Soldato
I don't know why but I absolutely cannot stand the voice actor who portrays Lara Croft. :mad:
It's exacerbated by the fact that, on normal puzzle difficulty, she spouts off nearly every single time you use survival instincts!

She's lived in the US too long, her English accent sounds put-on now. Probably doesn't help that the script is garbage at the best of times either, but it does baffle me that people wanted her to star in the latest film when she doesn't seem to do a particularly good job of being Lara in the games.

Caporegime
This games bugged to hell, can't get the full 100%.

The hidden City, says ive got 2x of the Side Missions left, but im up to where you have to talk to Etzi, and it says once i do that, fast Travel becomes disabled, until ive completed the game.

The Peruvian Jungle, it says ive got 1x Relic, and 1x Document outstanding, yet when i put the map on, they don't show up, all Documents, Relics, Greyed out, done.

Still saying 1x Relic to find at the Plane Wreckage part, but that too, is not on the map, all Relics, Documents, Greyed out, done.

Laras Notebook, only 90% done, and the Expedition Unknown, only 83% done, everything else, done.

Wtf!

Associate
She's lived in the US too long, her English accent sounds put-on now. Probably doesn't help that the script is garbage at the best of times either, but it does baffle me that people wanted her to star in the latest film when she doesn't seem to do a particularly good job of being Lara in the games.

I'll be avoiding the film then. Cheers for the warning! :D

Associate
Ah, I misunderstood this line in your post: ...but it does baffle me that people wanted her to star in the latest film...

I thought that meant she WAS in the tilm. Doy!!!

I'll give the film a whirl as the missus is interested in seeing it and that Alicia Vikander is easy on the eyes at least! ;)

Associate
Just started the second game (I know, I have played them in completely the wrong order! 1, 3 and now 2), and her voice is already driving me insane. But think Shadow of the Tomb raider was worse... "Hmmm, impossible. Can't carry anymore." That drove me around the bend, hubby even used the line when we were out doing a food shop haha!

Caporegime
Just started the second game (I know, I have played them in completely the wrong order! 1, 3 and now 2), and her voice is already driving me insane. But think Shadow of the Tomb raider was worse... "Hmmm, impossible. Can't carry anymore." That drove me around the bend, hubby even used the line when we were out doing a food shop haha!

Wrong order here too, 2,1,3 :p

It gets annoying that impossibe line. :D

She even says it if you're picking up a Relic, or a Document, and theres a Herb or whatever right next to it, that yer too full to carry :p

V F

V F

Soldato

Heh, yeah it was annoying.

Associate
Just finished this. First game I have finished in years (I did finish fallout 4 around 3months ago but I had it since release day so took a while lol).

Put the new GPU through its paces and looked stunning in HDR, best looking game I think I have ever played.

What next...?

Associate
Just finished this. First game I have finished in years (I did finish fallout 4 around 3months ago but I had it since release day so took a while lol).

Put the new GPU through its paces and looked stunning in HDR, best looking game I think I have ever played.

What next...?

Have you played the others in the series?

If you haven't I recommend them.

I haven't tried sottr yet but I really enjoyed the first two so I might treat myself to it for my bday.

Caporegime
Finished with it stuck at 99.52% complete, due to the bugs.

Still saying a Relic left at the Peruvian Jungle, where its all complete (all Relics have been found), a Document still outstanding, which is not there either, as all Documents are complete, saying 2x Side Missions left in Paititi, but there isn't, all Missions have been done, Laras Notebook, completed to 100% now, so thats ok, but the Unknown Expedition, is still on 83%. :p

Associate
Finished with it stuck at 99.52% complete, due to the bugs.

Still saying a Relic left at the Peruvian Jungle, where its all complete (all Relics have been found), a Document still outstanding, which is not there either, as all Documents are complete, saying 2x Side Missions left in Paititi, but there isn't, all Missions have been done, Laras Notebook, completed to 100% now, so thats ok, but the Unknown Expedition, is still on 83%. :p

Aww gutting about the bugs. For the time and effort it takes, not seeing that 100% mark would drive me insane!

V F

V F

Soldato
Did anyone think the wolves were weak in this compared to Rise and Definitive? They looked fierce and agressive in the first two. Yet they were fast.

Back
Top Bottom